Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Please, take this to the official boards. Please.

ROFL ask them if women will be required to change their tampons/pads if they elect not to use period altering hormone based birth control drugs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Did they buy the assets to the world's first hand simulator yet?

trespasser-28.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Marv

Golden Squire
  1. Hey guys, can we make sure players have to aim where they pee or be fined for being unsanitary at space stations.
    lol guy's sceptic tank on ship was full so had to hold it in, dock to station quick run to the toilet, lose the pissing mini-game cuz piss comes out in hard to control streams and its the future so the peebot is always, ALWAYS watching. Get fined a large amount of money and get a notice that you cant dock out of the station unless you pay it. You decide to take the bartend mission for 20 hours to pay for the fine and have to plow through hours of players doing really bad StarTrek and star wars voice chat roleplay.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to

rofl

Why on earth would you be so gullible as to give up on on all these amazing ships, and future ships that will be even more amazing, simply based on FUD and nonsense spread around about by a bunch of goons who understand nothing about game development?

If you were to make a judgement based on the facts instead of Derek Smart's crazy ramblings, then you'd clearly be aware that Realistic ship damage, Ship subsystem energy manipulation, Hired NPC's, Shuttles, Immersive haggling, Stellar Cartography, a Stock Market, Organizations, Radar information relay, Spaceports, Transportation, Cruising jobs, Voting for in game politicians, Player owned factories, Group mining, organization infiltration, Mineral refinement, Aliens, Scanning Software, Artifact hunting, Dynamic NPC social interactions, Electronic Warfare and Hacking, Space Monsters, Crisis-like vegetation and self-sustaining ecosystems, Black holes, cargo damage, Varied laws and rules for different enviornments, Base-building, Eating and showering, Space illnesses, contagion and epidemics and player-run medical facilities for players to treat them, 20 million AI agents, Science profession, Plant growth and Botanics, infrared, visible, and gamma spectrum universe scanning, Mining, refineries, Procedural wildlife and birds and weather, Farming, Trading, Sandworms and 99.5 Star Systems are all just around the corner.

Chris is making good progress on all of those and we are all going to have fun playing with these features within a reasonable time frame that CIG is perfectly capable of, except for those like you who are simply too impatient to wait just slightly longer and can't see just how far Star Citizen has come.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I forgot I still had minor cash sunk in this. I'll wave the refund if Roberts wife signs up to get triple teamed on Blacked.com

• 1Worf

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am curious how many "Whales" there are out there that now are wavering support?

If I recall, we had a $5000 "investor" here didn't we?

(I admit I spent a few hundred a couple years ago, but gave up paying attention)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
@Variise was the resident whale (also suspected shill). We shot him down so much he's fucked off and hasn't even logged in for 21 weeks.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
@Variise was the resident whale (also suspected shill). We shot him down so much he's fucked off and hasn't even logged in for 21 weeks.

Suspected? That fucktard was trying to sell it like it was a new car. He had full press packet copypasta on hand for every occasion. He was probably promised free ships and a Playboy mansion space station for how hard he was working it.

Fucking Space Amway.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
I was going to buy their cheapest crowdfunding option years back when Roberts said it would just be a Wing Commander clone with upgraded graphics.

As a kid, configuring my computer's memory with QEMM just to get a bit extra debris/SFX explode off the Kilrathi ships when I thumped them with my mass driver cannons was a blast.

When you strafed a crippled ship with neutron guns or mass drivers and you heard the shields collapse so the sound effects changed to the *whump* of the shells hitting the ship's hull was awesome.

But then Roberts announced the combat actually wouldn't be as visceral as the old Wing Commanders, it would be like the later ones with just laser beams and pew-pew-pew, so I never pulled out the credit card.

I watched some of the footage from the latest presentation and read some of Smart's notes on it. To say I'm glad I never invested, even in the cheapest option, is an understatement.

wc.jpg

• 1Solidarity

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Company spokesman says that the information in the Reddit thread is mostly fabricated and the refund was for $300.... Hmmmm, who to believe -)

• 1Salty

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
“People still say ‘Chris, you lied to me’, even if I did give all those caveats for our predictions. People forget all those qualifiers. I am fed up of giving someone an estimate – I’d rather say, here’s the data I have, here’s the schedule I see. This is what we are hoping for. Software developers at all levels tend to be optimistic – you have to be to build big things. But I hope that with what we’re doing, show what we’re doing every week, we can educate a fair amount of people about the process. There will always be cynics. […] There’s a subset of people who say ‘this thing is never going to come out, it’s a scam’. Which is plainly not true. It would be the worst scam in the world. We’re hiring all these people, we’re working really hard. We’re showing what we’re doing every week.”

Star Citizen’s Chris Roberts is ‘fed up’ with giving 3.0 release estimates

[Update: ArsTechnica now reports that a Cloud Imperium rep has gone on the record stating that some of the Redditor’s claims are fabrication, including the amount (CIG maintains it was $330, not $45000) and that the screenshots and videos depicting poor customer service are forgeries. We can confirm the same statements have now been made to us by the same CIG rep. Cheers, Cotic! The original article follows.]

Star Citizen denies claims that a backer sought and received a $45000 refund

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still hope this comes out and is a good game.

Never funded this. Was going to but by the time I got around to it they had millions in the bank already. I like to fund games / etc that I like and I think need the help.

Chris doesn't need my money. Sounds like they need some help though, this is not going well.