Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Raign

Golden Squire
Apparently the 'much anticipated' 3.0 with some persistent universe components is now in. Someone please download, play and confirm it is still a buggy piece of shit so I don't eat into my bandwidth cap...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
All I ever wanted was a sequel to this

Snap60_1.jpg

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Raign

Golden Squire
All I ever wanted was a sequel to this

You know what, if Roberts wanted to spend 130 million building his dream universe with flight physics that would make Elon Musk's Space X want to recruit him, all the power to the guy, but what you posted is all that any of really wanted when we backed his kickstarter - so he should have STARTED with that. All this FPS shit and the 'we need to make sure that carrying off center cargo impacts your ships maneuverability' and the 'we have added more immersion by making your character need to drink and eat every 8 minutes of gameplay"... all this crap should have come after. Build the bloody flight model and persistent play space THEN worry about getting the head-bob-while-walking correct.

All that he has managed to do is MASSIVELY complicate all the issues he is going to have with underlying net code... if (and this is a HUGE if) he even gets that far. Already the leaks coming out of the Evocati indicate that 12 models in the same area is max and that even with a 1080 ti the latest release is a pretty collection of desktop art or a slide show at best.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You know what, if Roberts wanted to spend 130 million building his dream universe with flight physics that would make Elon Musk's Space X want to recruit him, all the power to the guy, but what you posted is all that any of really wanted when we backed his kickstarter - so he should have STARTED with that. All this FPS shit and the 'we need to make sure that carrying off center cargo impacts your ships maneuverability' and the 'we have added more immersion by making your character need to drink and eat every 8 minutes of gameplay"... all this crap should have come after. Build the bloody flight model and persistent play space THEN worry about getting the head-bob-while-walking correct.

All that he has managed to do is MASSIVELY complicate all the issues he is going to have with underlying net code... if (and this is a HUGE if) he even gets that far. Already the leaks coming out of the Evocati indicate that 12 models in the same area is max and that even with a 1080 ti the latest release is a pretty collection of desktop art or a slide show at best.
This is exactly what people like @Variise need to read and understand. We don't hate Roberts and we don't want the game to fail. We want it to succeed but what it started out and what it is now ... nowhere near the same.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Any one have any luck getting refund as of late? Emailed them but haven't received a response, not sure if I can dispute a charge on CC from over 4 yrs ago

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow,

Even the leaked videos do not work right.

Working as intended!

According to the comments, when it was up, the videos were bug reports from a tester. It showed a space speeder trying to land on a station and jumping all around.

The other videos are still up (not many), and this one gives you an idea, but not nearly as entertaining.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Working as intended!

According to the comments, when it was up, the videos were bug reports from a tester. It showed a space speeder trying to land on a station and jumping all around.

The other videos are still up (not many), and this one gives you an idea, but not nearly as entertaining.

Perfection

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Working as intended!

Haha, that video is great, exactly the thing I raved about here: Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

I simply can not understand that there isn't some producer who realizes that nobody needs that shit, other then a couple of reality weirdos. It almost seems to me that they are leaving that stuf in as long as they are in the phase where they need to fleece the Whales. The moment they cut that shit out and start making a fun, smooth game where simple "suspension of disbelief" is enough, they are yanking away the dream of "living in another, future world where everything is real" for these people. And then the money would stop.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Any one have any luck getting refund as of late? Emailed them but haven't received a response, not sure if I can dispute a charge on CC from over 4 yrs ago

I wrote in for a full refund around the end of August. It was easy and without any obstacles from their side. They had me provide a scan of my ID since I was using a different paypal account than at the time I backed all those years ago, but that was all. Took about two weeks my first e-mail until I had the money back, and after their initial reply which took about a week each e-mail was answered within 48h.

I would suggest writing in again, referencing your earlier e-mail. Clearly state the sum you want refunded. Their first answer is the obvious "but you lose all your backer perks" comment asking you to reconsider. I replied that I want to go ahead with the full refund and have them close the account. After that I had like two more mail exchanges to verify personal details and that's it.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm

I would like to play Star Citizen without all the stupid bullshit - so I support them in that sense. But this is getting to the point where it is very similar to your stupid neighbor asking you to come watch him play with illegal fireworks - you don't want him to get hurt but you are sure as fuck not going to miss Burning Man pyrotechnics next door.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Chris Roberts can't get out of his own way. He's lost sight of making a fun game. No producer can reign him in because they want to keep their job. If you challenge his stupidity, you'll be fired.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The only way this game is getting made will be firing Chris Roberts. After spending time researching this game, this dude has no one to reign him in.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The only way this game is getting made will be firing Chris Roberts. After spending time researching this game, this dude has no one to reign him in.

Was it the communicable diseases or the in-game penalty for not wearing a urine reprocessing spacesuit that swayed your ultimate conclusion?

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Was it the communicable diseases or the in-game penalty for not wearing a urine reprocessing spacesuit that swayed your ultimate conclusion?

It was having players need a 6 button mouse with two buttons dedicated to their characters exo-suit breathing. Button 4 for inhale and Button 5 for exhale. Fuck. That.