Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It was having players need a 6 button mouse with two buttons dedicated to their characters exo-suit breathing. Button 4 for inhale and Button 5 for exhale. Fuck. That.

I'm only following this game via this thread, and it's kind of sad that I can't tell what's seriously in game and whats not. Breathing keys wouldn't surprise me at this point.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm only following this game via this thread, and it's kind of sad that I can't tell what's seriously in game and whats not. Breathing keys wouldn't surprise me at this point.

They should add some four lung race for breathing twisting so people can experience the joy of playing an EQ bard again.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Haha these faggots are still going at it

[Deleted by
AdmiralSloth | CIG
]
Today at 01:32 am
AdmiralSloth | CIG@TylerN-CIG
Today at 01:33 am
The Consolidated Outlands Pioneer will go on sale Friday, October 27th. It will have an introductory price of $850 and be in limited quantities.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how much money they would make selling a ship that had a simple "One button enter and one button exit" command only available to that particular ship.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm flabbergasted how people don't see this as the scam it is

Don't you want the shiny spaceship that takes 15 minutes to warm up it's power systems and another 20 to complete the preflight checks? It also has a conveniently place toilet on the bridge for those emergency shits. With lifetime insurance as well??? All for $5,000! Limited time only!

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched some vids from Citizen Con. Procedural cities looks cool. 8 min IRL traveltime between planets though...

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I wonder how much money they would make selling a ship that had a simple "One button enter and one button exit" command only available to that particular ship.

That's an option if you go into the build and price configuration tool. Unfortunately you need a base trim level of SE to add the pilot comfort and convenience package for only $250 more.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm flabbergasted how people don't see this as the scam it is

There's a book called, "Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior". It's entire premise is that reasonable people (many of whom have several accolades in their field) doing irrational things in the face of loss.

They use a bunch of real stories where smart people do stupid things.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m so blown away by the amount of money they charge for these ships, and people just lap it up. This doesn’t even seem like it should be legal.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heh I finally after 5 years bought in. I got a 60 buck ship and the Squad 42 stand alone and a free ship because of that.

I try and get into my cheap ship the first time and the unfolding ramp kills me.
I res and come back someone had stole my ship and blown it up.
I get it fixed and figure out what to do, go into warp, Hit a button while warping and ship blows up.
I go to an area successfully, I don't randomly explode and start a dogfight with an AI bandit. He gets into an unkillable state while trying to maneuver around to shoot me. He is stuck looping basicly in front of me while I am able to track him cleanly and shoot him. But can't hurt him. I run out of bullets while hitting him. and peel off to just leave, and he blows me up in 2 shots.

I logged off. Fuck this shit.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah dude you have to spend way more than $60 to not blow up randomly.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Heh I finally after 5 years bought in. I got a 60 buck ship and the Squad 42 stand alone and a free ship because of that.

I try and get into my cheap ship the first time and the unfolding ramp kills me.
I res and come back someone had stole my ship and blown it up.
I get it fixed and figure out what to do, go into warp, Hit a button while warping and ship blows up.
I go to an area successfully, I don't randomly explode and start a dogfight with an AI bandit. He gets into an unkillable state while trying to maneuver around to shoot me. He is stuck looping basicly in front of me while I am able to track him cleanly and shoot him. But can't hurt him. I run out of bullets while hitting him. and peel off to just leave, and he blows me up in 2 shots.

I logged off. Fuck this shit.
It's hard not to watch the above CitCon video and feel hopeful about the game, just to see what a 200-300 million USD scifi game looks like. And it's hard not to feel depressed after reading posts like yours, knowing that in a few years when revenue drops and RSI goes bankrupt all we'll get is a deeply felt apology from Chris Roberts.

• 1Worf

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey the wing commander games were great fun. Privateer was amazing as well. Freelancer was cool.

Chris Roberts has always tried to push the envelope. He has succeeded quite a few times. I am hoping he might do so again. But he ain't getting any more of my money till it is done.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Plenty of time to run and use the virtual space toilet.

You'd think so, except the Space EPA mandated 1.5L space toilets and now I have to wait until planetfall to purchase a plunger before I can use it again.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Chris Roberts has always tried to push the envelope. He has succeeded quite a few times. I am hoping he might do so again. But he ain't getting any more of my money till it is done.
2726-strike-commander-dos-front-cover.jpg

This fiasco was his warm-up for SC.