Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Hey the wing commander games were great fun. Privateer was amazing as well. Freelancer was cool.

Chris Roberts has always tried to push the envelope. He has succeeded quite a few times. I am hoping he might do so again. But he ain't getting any more of my money till it is done.

This is probably another case of he wasn't the guy responsible for actually getting anything meaningful done in any of those games, we've seen it a ton of times at this point. Games are team efforts and the best people at getting good shit done are names you rarely hear. There are some exceptions of course, usually with small indie projects.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I bought into this like 5 years ago, I even have my official star citizen pledge card for backing it on his website prior to Kickstarter.

I'm starting to have enough off the wait tbh, I really feel like feature creep has killed this.

I just want to know when the game will be in full release, not 3.x or whatever random version number... full retail release. I don't want to play a beta I just want the game I pledged for.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
5 years ago, this was the 3 million stretch goal (Which was hit early November 2012)

• Increased community updates at the RSI website.
  • Squadron 42 will feature 35 missions.
  • Citizens with appropriate packages will receive access to the Star Citizen universe with 40 star systems for persistent online play upon release.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users
The video of the city flyover was amazing. This game needs good combat though or it is all for nothing. It also needs company/empire building, automated trade routes and stuff.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There sure is a whole lot of absolutely nothing going on but it's the prettiest vaporware I've ever seen

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
42 minutes of Vista's. Can I kill those Squids at the end and get some loot? Need mobs to kill and nodes to mine ---> loot ---> transport ---> tradehub/auctionhouse ---> earn money ---> buy better stuff --->Economy---> now we have a game. That is the "gameplay" I am waiting for.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
42 minutes of Vista's. Can I kill those Squids at the end and get some loot? Need mobs to kill and nodes to mine ---> loot ---> transport ---> tradehub/auctionhouse ---> earn money ---> buy better stuff --->Economy---> now we have a game. That is the "gameplay" I am waiting for.

What is this term... Gämėplæy...? I don't speak Czech

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That's cos they only speak check in SCO...
writecheck1.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This could make for a juicy story. I feel like shillings fail was a warmup for the media , they will def gobble up 300mil dollar crowd funded failure. Ideally this game never even releases for added drama, but they will probably put some garbage product out just to claim they delivered something.
Anyone actually having fun that's playing this now?

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I think it's time I posted in this thread so I can get an email notification when the game crashes and burns.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have not followed SC at all. I see from time to time all the stuff that is going in, but where is the game? The game itself, I mean what you actually do and the "point" of playing. Outside of the it's a cool ship and look how neat this or that is. So I know this is an odd questions, what is the actual game?

• 1Worf
There is some basic pew pew space combat already, and there is an FPS module as well. Both things look pretty and look super boring. I think they are busy putting the world together and at the end they will focus on the gameplay. But I still don't know if it will be good or not.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I know this is an odd questions, what is the actual game?

That's not exactly an 'odd' or one off question. 100's of millions of dollars later I don't think they can answer it yet. But maybe in 2021!

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
its pretty cool how they have ship descriptions that are several pages long, followed by "DISCLAIMER: These are our current vehicle specifications. Some of this may change during the 3D design and game balancing process."

the game may never go gold, but that didn't prevent these guys from hitting it

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm assuming the bulge in the spacesuit at 40 seconds is the default size. I don't think I could have a truly immersive experience with that thing at all. How much does it cost to upgrade to a larger e-peen?