Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It'll be even more frustrating when those locked animations take even longer due to them being in conflict with the locked animations of your character needing to poop in the space toilet, ending in him shitting himself in the docking bay.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

There should be even more realism. If your character is pooping in a space toilet in zero G and you come under attack, your character should launch themselves off the toilet, fecal matter and other waste spinning in zero G behind you....then once you hit thrust gravity, realistic particle physics cause all that waste to splash against your ship, resulting in a percentage chance that they short out an electrical panel and cause your ship to lose power.

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It'll be even more frustrating when those locked animations take even longer due to them being in conflict with the locked animations of your character needing to poop in the space toilet, ending in him shitting himself in the docking bay.

C8phXba.jpg

It'll be a mini game. Can you read the instructions correctly before exploding?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cant wait for realistic inventory and cargo.

The personal shield generator, weapon, and future armor takes up all your weight, but the Alien artifact for fetch_quest_20123 is made of future_super_dense_metal. So you will need to go to your room, on the station, to change into your plain clothes, then run back to your ship to pick up the quest item, which is so heavy that you can only walk to the turn in, at the science labs in the middle of the station. Only 5 min left until the quest expires, such excitement!

Want to be a cargo trader? Well, I hope you like sitting in dock for 20 min while the (for a fee) robots unload your ship. Oh, the station is busy, and there are only a limited number of cargo bots? Time to queue up, see you tomorrow. Dont want to wait? Personal cargo bots can be purchased in a DLC, only $49.99. Cant afford the in game loading fees for the bots, and dont want the DLC, well, you can unload manualy, 1 item at a time.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget the part where you forget to declare the profit of your cargo run to the Intergalactic IRS so the Space Cops pull you over and arrest your ass. You then spend the next few (real life) months in a mix of court rooms and jail cells until you get your verdict where your ship is impounded and sold and you're hauled off to prison for a (real life) year. Unless you buy the Star Lawyer DLC for $29 who will help let you off for a measely 30% take off your profits for the next year.

Why haven't we started up the FoH Game Dev Studio yet, boys?? We'd be millionaires by now! Say... how does this Kickstarter thing work...

• 1Blown

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget the part where you forget to declare the profit of your cargo run to the Intergalactic IRS so the Space Cops pull you over and arrest your ass. You then spend the next few (real life) months in a mix of court rooms and jail cells until you get your verdict where your ship is impounded and sold and you're hauled off to prison for a (real life) year. Unless you buy the Star Lawyer DLC for $29 who will help let you off for a measely 30% take off your profits for the next year.

Why haven't we started up the FoH Game Dev Studio yet, boys?? We'd be millionaires by now! Say... how does this Kickstarter thing work...

Well, I'm sure everyone here could put together a much better demo than McQuaid did for Pantheon, so that alone should push our FOH game to a few mil.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm sure everyone here could put together a much better demo than McQuaid did for Pantheon, so that alone should push our FOH game to a few mil.

A game developed by FOH members would be a mix of MechWarrior, Everquest 1.0, Pokemon Snap, and Rollercoaster Tycoon but production run the same way as Star Citizen.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of foh game, whatever happened to utnayan’s super secret huge production mmo

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think this looks really cool. That being said, I don't know if I will think that in 2014 (the estimated release), or if they'll be able to stick to half of the stuff they're talking about doing.

How's this coming?

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of foh game, whatever happened to utnayan’s super secret huge production mmo

I'll bite.

1) Working on it by myself.
2) I am funding it by myself.
3) I am not going to be charging anything to play it.
4) I won't be making any money off it.
5) I am not scamming tens of thousands to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
6) I have no accountability to anyone as a result of the above.

With that said, it's shaping up.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Based on the refund reddit, refunds are no longer happening, it has been going on for a few months.

I hope this thing implodes soon, the entertainment will carry me to the next season of GoT I am sure.

Don't let me down Chris.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With some ships costing $600 dollars or more, not seeing how this game can not be P2W.

How is anyone who buys the game for $60 dollars going to realistically get these ships in game without grinding until your grandkids retire? And if the grind isn't horrific, every whale (idiot) who payed $600 dollars for their ship(s) is going stop pulling out the credit card.

This game is so far off the rails, too deep into the hopium mine, and primed for disaster.

Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to an updated Freelancer game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They are making more money this way than they would make actually releasing the game.

It's really disappointing, a modern Privateer sounded so cool.