Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Never sent them a dime, but space sim games have always interested me..

More and more it's just becoming the next DNF right now rofl.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a place that lists all the available ships and their USD price? I Found where you can go in and add to cart but just looking for an easy to read list.

Just trying to show this to a normie who just found out about people buying virtual items.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Let me Google that for you...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Found this on Reddit

Well I was able to get past the character creator, and spent a couple minutes making a guy.
Got into game to try and see the expo for once. Tried to rent a ship for 0 credits but it kept timing out. Did this for all the ships I tried.
Then I figured I'd go do a delivery mission but stopped to eat since I was "hungry"... Took nearly a minute for the burrito to show up in hand, but then discovered I couldn't put my helmet back on, or modify any of my gear further for that matter. Killing myself caused me to respawn with an MRE in hand that I tried to buy like 20 minutes prior but didn't seem to register. Still couldn't put on my helmet.
Logged out and tried a different server in AUS this time in hopes of wearing a helmet. Forced me to make a character again. Then got infinite load.
Meh. I'm out.

Stuck on burrito! Loading...please wait.

The burritos combine well with the toilets to simulate the real experience to its fullest extent.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Let me Google that for you...

Okay, so, just the "permanents" on offer gets you $2980 in virtual ships.

okay.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

:trollface:
In 2020 this is looking more and more like

200.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What's amazing to me is that according to the Forbes article, funding is actually increasing, that's mind boggling.

I mean I enjoyed the last time I played it for 2 weeks or so, which was 3.7 or 3.8, but by no means does it justify an increasing in funding.

I'll probably go back and see the progress with in a few patch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's amazing to me is that according to the Forbes article, funding is actually increasing, that's mind boggling.

I mean I enjoyed the last time I played it for 2 weeks or so, which was 3.7 or 3.8, but by no means does it justify an increasing in funding.

I can sort of see it people who have not been following until recently now can see a lot more stuff "in game" such as it is so they have more things to market. The really interesting thing is if/when this game launches are the cool ships going to be just whale only or if once it comes out they just let the stuff be normally purchasable in game and then have all the whales who paid hundreds of dollars for their ship freaking out. I put my basic starter package in as it does interest me and the basic package is basically no more expensive than any other normal game. Also they do have nice option to switch your ship around after if there are sales and what not I side graded from my pices to a 300 which has a bed in it which allows for logging out/in directly to the ship without spending anything extra which was nice.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The year is 2920

A reporter is interviewing the CEO of Cloud Imperium.

" Well the company started out with this vision of making an Ultra Realistic Game about spaceships and planets................."

1592417622483.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can sort of see it people who have not been following until recently now can see a lot more stuff "in game" such as it is so they have more things to market. The really interesting thing is if/when this game launches are the cool ships going to be just whale only or if once it comes out they just let the stuff be normally purchasable in game and then have all the whales who paid hundreds of dollars for their ship freaking out. I put my basic starter package in as it does interest me and the basic package is basically no more expensive than any other normal game. Also they do have nice option to switch your ship around after if there are sales and what not I side graded from my pices to a 300 which has a bed in it which allows for logging out/in directly to the ship without spending anything extra which was nice.
Been wondering the same thing for years now.

Then the persistent universe is a thing and players can farm ships, you'll have a tremendous number of players who realize they dont' actually enjoy playing star citizen or realize they do enjoy star citizen and would rather farm up a ship instead of buying another one.

You'll always make $$$ off cosmetics and these ships really are beautiful, but it's just not going to generate the kind of revenue it does now unless they adopt a full-blue-whale model.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The other issue for whales if you start the game with the ship of your dreams what in game thing do you have left to work toward. I just wanted a decent little starter ship. Has a bed can carry some cargo flies good enough to do some combat.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I put about 4 hours into the free fly a few weeks ago. There was definitely more to do and see this time around than the last time I checked it out.

• Start off in small room, get out of bed. Exit room.
  • Ok, I'm in an apartment complex I guess. Lots of doors that don't open and NPCs with zero AI literally standing around on chairs.
  • Find the elevator. You'll quickly learn that Star Citizen is really an elevator simulator, because they are everywhere in this game.
  • Make it to the ground level and start walking around the "city". Go on youtube and search for Unreal Engine SCIFI scenes and paste all the results together for an idea.
  • Spend about 30 minutes riding the subway/metro. Yeah there is a metro system in this city with lots of signage to direct you around.
  • Finally make it to the space ship area. Order up my rental craft. But you're also funneled into a space ship dealership area to look at all the fancy big money ships also.
  • Ride another elevator to the hangar
  • Get in my ship. No clue how to get out of the hangar since there aren't any openings.
  • Oh yeah, I have to request clearance to depart and the ceiling opens up.
  • Start flying around. If you start flying to low or in areas that the game doesn't want you to fly, you'll get autopiloted away and you may explode for no reason.
  • Take a mission. Can't engage the warp drive till you leave the atmosphere. Slowly leave the planet atmosphere. Engage the warp drive.
  • AFK for 20 minutes cause this is going to take awhile.
  • Arrive at destination planet, still 300km from objective. Start flying towards the nav point.
  • Still flying
  • It's also night on the planet and I don't have my space ship headlights on so I fly into the side of the mountain because I'm just following the waypoint which I guess didn't take the whole planet being in the way into account when flying somewhere.
  • Lose one wing but still can fly. Keep on trucking.
  • Finally reach the cave I'm suppose to go look for someone at. Land my space ship. Go to exit the cockpit and it ejects me from the seat and I go flying a 100ft in the air and come down without a parachute and die. Just Star Citizen things.

• 23Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 26 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So have they explained if Industry will be coming sooner or later ?

Looking thru the website I only see "Buy or whaling ships for more INFOz" grrr

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So have they explained if Industry will be coming sooner or later ?

Looking thru the website I only see "Buy or whaling ships for more INFOz" grrr
They are starting to show info about some kind of salvage mechanics and salvage facilities on the way station places.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Considering they can't even get something as baseline simple as a fetch quest working properly, the likelihood of even remotely functional "industry" features is non-existent.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users