Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like that article would have made more sense had it been from the Babylon Bee, or The Onion.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just invested in four Talons. I figure I'd wnat the same number as a Bald Eagle has on each foot.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You know what’s insane about this game...2020 so far has been their biggest year of funding with 48M. There’s 4 1/2 monhts left in the year. 8 years and not close to release and they are raising more money than ever. Simply crazy.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1597638599772.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't understand how it raised money in 2020.

The game is a hollow junk of shit and the devs proved they can't allocate resources. Who keeps pouring money into this piece of shit?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

The game is a hollow junk of shit and the devs proved they can't allocate resources. Who keeps pouring money into this piece of shit?
"There's a sucker born every minute" - P. T. Barnum

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seems like a good way to launder cash.

I mean what are we supposed to believe?

When the budget crosses 1 billion raised, this is officially a project thats been subverted for ill-intent. The believability that its raising good-will money from grass-roots interested parties falls wayside once we reach a certain critical mass.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a good way to launder cash.
That or they have somehow accrued private investors but only publicize their resources enough to keep afloat.

Private investors would be a good thing for SC. Only way it'd get finished is with a publisher sticking his foot up their ass.

Cybsled

It's basically a gambling addict mentality - the player has already lost so much playing Blackjack, but they're convinced that this next hand will be the lucky one and make all that prior "investment" worth it.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any idea as to the total cost for every ship since Kickstarter?

Over/under 25k?

I was curious so:

Survey says : over

Yikes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have any idea as to the total cost for every ship since Kickstarter?

Over/under 25k?

That was all ships available in December 2019, so add to this the cost of all the ships they've announced in 2020. :)

92RxM9G.png

• 2WTF
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This fucking "game". It will never release in any way, shape or form of what was originally promised.

I didn't give him any money, but that is only because of laziness and luck. If I had gotten of the couch back then, he would have tapped my wallet too.

But I would still buy this game if it released and was even close to Freelancer 2.0. That's how much I want it. So do millions of other people, and Chris is sucking them dry.

• 1Pathetic

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Chris Roberts found the golden goose demographic of middle aged men with tons of disposable income, low expectations, and unlimited patience to collect digital ships. SC is going to be everything and nothing at the same time. You’d probably get a completely different answer about what kind of game SC is going to be if you asked everyone that has spent over $1k on it already.