Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why does this remind me of that weird gothic game some shill promoted here heavily for a few weeks/months where you had to buy ingame assets to not be super gimp, as well as a super high sub fee like Stormhammer nonsense?

Oh yeah, fleecing fools. That's why it reminds me.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Chris Roberts found the golden goose demographic of middle aged men with tons of disposable income, low expectations, and unlimited patience to collect digital ships. SC is going to be everything and nothing at the same time. You’d probably get a completely different answer about what kind of game SC is going to be if you asked everyone that has spent over $1k on it already.
This is like buying a Harley for Gen X/Millenials. We could be colonizing mars for real with the money we light on fire on a daily basis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hey guys, I think we should invest in a javelin to be ready for the almost-here SC release. Please venmo me $100 if you want to be part of my crew.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I feel reassured now and will talk with the bank tomorrow about another loan. If they ask what I need it for I will tell them 'vehicles'.

• 6Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
For those who were on the fence about the $35K package, there's a free fly event until the 24th where you can fly 16 ships for free. Good time to see if you should take the plunge an "invest" that $35K. :)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I feel reassured now and will talk with the bank tomorrow about another loan. If they ask what I need it for I will tell them 'vehicles'.

Present a business plan on how you'll buy multiple vehicles and have workers lined up to start doing distribution at the lowest market price possible.

The package is obviously the best deal, so you need 35k - though you'd probably want to contact Christ Roberts regarding an arrangement if you buy multiples.

Good luck.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I believe the Kickstarter was Oct 10th or 18th in 2012?

Someone has a birthday coming up!

Sheesh....8 years.....

Edit: 300m for 8 years is better than most NBA/NFL deals.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
8 years is a long time, especially considering how far they are from any sort of release(if ever).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boggles my mind where all the money went, just insane. And the fact that they still have developer time going to making new ships and packages to try and get more money.

• 2Solidarity

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boggles my mind where all the money went, just insane. And the fact that they still have developer time going to making new ships and packages to try and get more money.

Most likely all the cash they raised is spent as it comes in. So those people making the ships are what is keeping the project going. Without that there would be no more money coming in and the scam would come crashing down.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The longer this goes on the more I think there isn't all that much $$$ actually going into the game and it's being funded through other means. There are just way too few existing and new users to generate the 3 million USD monthly cash flow this game reports.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The longer this goes on the more I think there isn't all that much $$$ actually going into the game and it's being funded through other means. There are just way too few existing and new users to generate the 3 million USD monthly cash flow this game reports.
Any investor would require specific milestones by now.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Probably. It's also pretty obvious now why Chris never managed to finish a game at Digital Anvil. He just spends money and is incapable of managing time or feature creep.

I have serious doubts that this will ever launch in any sort of polished / playable state as long as he is at the helm. Chris is a bit of a con man, although not consciously so.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
jesus fucking christ. Reading those quotes is a sure way to get a brain aneurysm

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There's a Free Fly event going from the 20th to the 29th where you can try ships for free. Every 2 days is a different manufacturer.

So I said why not...logged in walked to the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Hall to view the ships. I get disconnect entering the Expo Hall. I get back on, get to the Expo Hall and crash.

Well off to play AC:Valhalla. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a Free Fly event going from the 20th to the 29th where you can try ships for free. Every 2 days is a different manufacturer.

So I said why not...logged in walked to the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Hall to view the ships. I get disconnect entering the Expo Hall. I get back on, get to the Expo Hall and crash.

Well off to play AC:Valhalla. :)

Don't worry , a new ship/bundle will come out next month.