Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Carl_sl

shitlord
This is one of the games that really excites me. I need more gaming time!
I've kinda shifted my attention to this from eqn and other fantasy mmos simply because this is the only one i see actually worried about immersion, AND occulus rift is gonna be the cats ass, the bees sneeze. Can't wait to put it on and blow people out of the sky.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the bees sneeze.
sensible-chuckle-gif.gif

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I threw $40 at it for alpha/beta access. I'd have to build a new PC to give this game justice, and I wanna see if it would be worth it. Wing Commander constantly gave me erections longer than 4 hours, so I hope this game can do the same.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I threw $40 at it for alpha/beta access. I'd have to build a new PC to give this game justice, and I wanna see if it would be worth it. Wing Commander constantly gave me erections longer than 4 hours, so I hope this game can do the same.
playing back through heart of the tiger is hilarious on a 4in x 4in dos box window.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I tried to get Privateer 2 running in dosbox and could never get it right. It was the only game of the whole series that I never played.

It works, but then you run into a pirate ship immediately upon leaving the station and it is absolutely impossible to kill it. I don't know if the timing is fucked up or if the game is moving too fast or what, but I couldn't even get its shield to move as it zips around on screen like a fucking Tie Advanced. (sub note: fuck Tie Advanced) For all I know it is intentional but I never managed to get past it. Google was no help.

ZeckEQ_sl

shitlord
I tried to get Privateer 2 running in dosbox and could never get it right. It was the only game of the whole series that I never played.

It works, but then you run into a pirate ship immediately upon leaving the station and it is absolutely impossible to kill it. I don't know if the timing is fucked up or if the game is moving too fast or what, but I couldn't even get its shield to move as it zips around on screen like a fucking Tie Advanced. (sub note: fuck Tie Advanced) For all I know it is intentional but I never managed to get past it. Google was no help.
GoG.com has it for $5.99, listed compatible with Win7. Your issue sounds like a CPU clocking issue I ran into trying to run Wing Commander on a newer CPU. I think GoG builds in fixes for that. Game has 1002 reviews there.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Privateer 2, isn't that the part where they steal your Steltek Cannon? Boy, but nowadays, Privateer would remind me a lot of EVE Single Player mode. Even though it's based off of wing commander.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Last week they sold a limited availability ship before the LTI offers end forever at the end of next month. There'll be a few more special sales so expect them to jump several millions before december.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats just sick that everyone loves their ideas so much that they are giving them that much money. Hope this game is everything we all hope it is!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've been loosely following this game, but I haven't had time to look into it for a month or two. Did they ever say they would be doing OR support?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd be cool to be able to have little video portraits of people when they speak over VOIP like they usually have in space sims, but I don't see how that's plausible if the person is wearing a rift?

edit: I guess they're just talking about having 3d characters reacting to player movement in the rift, so the quality of the conversation will degrade if the person is moving his head around, lol.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm interested in this game only because of the first 20 seconds of their video in the "About Star Citizen" page the "I am a PC game." part in particular
tongue.png

Is there still chance for a Slacker Backer kind of deal?
What's the ETA of Alpha/Beta?