Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I lost interest when they insisted on putting planet surface stuff in the initial release. Too much scope creep.

A good flight sim where you could attack and board larger ships in FPS mode, plus fight inside stations/derelicts etc, and walk around a few large hub stations with shopping and social areas would have been more than enough scope on launch.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sooo... apparently alpha 3.0 got delayed once again. The "VIP tester group" should have gotten access to 3.0 this week or next week, now its delayed by at least 2-3 weeks. Gamescon/Citizencon will be really interesting this year ;)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sooo... apparently alpha 3.0 got delayed once again. The "VIP tester group" should have gotten access to 3.0 this week or next week, now its delayed by at least 2-3 weeks. Gamescon/Citizencon will be really interesting this year ;)

That pushes back Beta by another 4 years. Time dilation is somehow involved.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Time dilation is somehow involved.
Only the backers deep into RSI-CIG's gravity wishing well will live to see release, while the rest of us observing from an impartial reference frame will be long gone.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
I finally bailed on this. I had a fair chunk of change invested in the game from ship purchases over the last couple years but even my faith in it has chipped away and I sold my account to a reseller on reddit. Only got about 2/3 of what I spent but I guess that falls into the "lesson learned" category. Or maybe not cause I spent some of that money on Fortnite's early access. At least that's playable (and fun).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They do, i got mine refunded a few weeks ago. Not sure why they are still doing it after changing their policy. Took a little while, they go out of their way to talk you out of it.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Must be on a case by case basis because I had no luck with a refund. Maybe I didnt cause enough of a scene. I dunno.
I didn't cause a scene, it was pretty easy but I also didn't have a pricey package. I have read some comments elsewhere on refunds and have heard the same thing which is why i was surprised that they would do it, so it might also come down to who your ticket was assigned to.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I really hope this games failure will end the early-acces pest and severely hit the kickstarter hype.

It will be a glorious spectacle even if neither happens, but lets remain optimist.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There are 1.85 MILLION backers right now according to the RSI website. If this fails and does not release i guess chances are pretty high that there are some backers who *desperately* want to personally tell CR what they think about that....

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I doubt it'll hurt Early Access at all. Minecraft kicked that whole thing off and it's probably here to stay, at least for the indie studios that can't front the money to develop without income. The kickstarter model on the other hand... since this is the golden boy of Kickstarter games it could have quite an impact once it fails.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's definitely going to fuck over the virtual space ship market for the foreseeable future.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's definitely going to fuck over the virtual space ship market for the foreseeable future.

Since they don't exist and they market is only online, isn't it the Virtual Virtual Spaceship Virtual Market?

• 1Worf

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I doubt it'll hurt Early Access at all. Minecraft kicked that whole thing off and it's probably here to stay, at least for the indie studios that can't front the money to develop without income. The kickstarter model on the other hand... since this is the golden boy of Kickstarter games it could have quite an impact once it fails.

The difference being Minecraft was a playable game in early access, and charged $10 initially. They didn't then try to sell you different colored blocks for more money. CR is running the biggest scam in gaming history right now. It will remain a scam until he actually ships a playable game, and not just this very limited shell of a piece of a game.

• 1Like