Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Derek Smart is absolutely salty and more than a little out of his mind. But he isn't entirely off the mark when it comes to Star Citizen.

I don't know about the off shore stuff and the extra financing, but their public funding numbers rather suspiciously match their (estimated) monthly burn rate almost exactly. If I worked for a publisher reviewing a game company's financials that would set off all sorts of alarm bells for further investigation.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've posted before I think they are buying a large part of their own ships.

They put up a $1200 ship, 5000 available, and buy 4000 themselves, to trigger whales to buy the last remaining 1k available, and since it "sold out at record speed" it creates the environment for the next whaletrap.

They'll claim to have sold 6.000.000$ in ships, which technically they have, but in reality they only generated 1.200.000$, which is enough to keep the scam running.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Nah, they actually released half-life 3.

Turns out it was a reddit thread, not a game. But still a release!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've posted before I think they are buying a large part of their own ships.

They put up a $1200 ship, 5000 available, and buy 4000 themselves, to trigger whales to buy the last remaining 1k available, and since it "sold out at record speed" it creates the environment for the next whaletrap.

They'll claim to have sold 6.000.000$ in ships, which technically they have, but in reality they only generated 1.200.000$, which is enough to keep the scam running.
It'd be funny to find out that CIG is actually owned by some huge conglomerate like EA or Microsoft, and their owner has been fronting 90% of the crowdsourced $. Once that leaks then SC becomes more a micro-transaction game for whomever is still playing it since nobody buys the macro-transactions anymore.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Is this game really only 25% done? Does that mean in another 21 years and $600,000,000, they will release the game?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is this game really only 25% done? Does that mean in another 21 years and $600,000,000, they will release the game?
Hard to put a % on completion of SC. If you compare what the original funding campaign was to what has been done to date, SC is 400% done!

But I think SC is going to be 100% done when the funding collapses and CIG needs to avoid a lawsuit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Could we not just have a new updated WingCommander plix? This is fucking retarded.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could we not just have a new updated WingCommander plix? This is fucking retarded.
If Chris Roberts just burned it all to the ground, declared bankruptcy and said he was going to make a crowdsourced Freelancer 2 with whatever he could salvage I'd probably give the same amount I gave to SC for it ($45).

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
1545336990950.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
"CIG will release full historical financial details from 2012 through to 2017 via a new corporate website."

This will be intresting.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
"CIG will release full historical financial details from 2012 through to 2017 via a new corporate website."

This will be intresting.

They must feel somewhat confident to do this, or feeling some external pressure to do it to quell rumors of their impending doom.

One thing for sure, no matter what they post, good, bad, incomplete or fictional...Derek Smart will say it proves what he's been saying for years and CIG only has a few months left. :)

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's interesting is seeing if they can keep the same level of funds coming in through ship sales since at least some of the motivation for keeping that going was that it was fully crowd funded.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
What was the reason they had so much contracted dev costs in 2015. Was this when they were pushing release on the FPS module?

aa05a2fe21d345debe836de5a2224b56.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They must feel somewhat confident to do this, or feeling some external pressure to do it to quell rumors of their impending doom.

One thing for sure, no matter what they post, good, bad, incomplete or fictional...Derek Smart will say it proves what he's been saying for years and CIG only has a few months left. :)

Oh Come on, DS was a fun ride on the SA forums for a bit until he could no longer contain his doxxing and idiocy. He is banned there (for the third time?) for a reason. Noone besides the cultists pay any intrest in his 1 billion word blogs anymore.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What was the reason they had so much contracted dev costs in 2015. Was this when they were pushing release on the FPS module?
Wasn't there another company working on the FPS/Single player module ? or it's them outsourcing for Ship models.. Who know's