Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
sweet track suit. he looks russian too.

Last edited:

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
However, the 15-episode first season of the sci-fi series will be split into two chapters. The first eight episodes will roll out through Nov. 5, and then the series will return with seven new episodes in January 2018.

tumblr_m8r6r1EAcB1rogwl3o2_250.gif

Jim Lanzone: The most successful version (of All Access) would be one that hits 4 million subscribers by 2020, has a healthy amount of usage and supports our overall strategy of being multiplatform. Les has said CBS is no longer just a broadcast television network, we're a premium content company that delivers content everywhere users want to consume it. That truly has become the internal mantra.

tumblr_m8r6r1EAcB1rogwl3o3_250.gif

Jim Lanzone: We started pitching the business plan four years ago, building it three years ago. It's funny. I remember HBO announced HBO Now the day before we announced CBS All Access. We actually launched it that day, but people who didn't pay attention said we launched it in reaction to HBO. I'm like, "That took over a year to build. We didn't do that in 24 hours." HBO didn't launch HBO Now for six more months.

tumblr_m8r6r1EAcB1rogwl3o1_250.gif

Good hustle CBS, that's one way to ensure you never see a dime of my money.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The captain needs to just go with the Cantonese accent. Nothing is worse than a poorly smothered Chinese accent. It creeps in at all the wrong times especially during emotional moments.

She would be better off playing the captain with more of a stone cold demeanor and a smooth Cantonese accent. Lose the whole emotional drama angle with the captain and fake American accent can fuck right off with it. The fact she is going to be a dramatic character kills it for me, accent complaint aside.

Off the trailer alone, calling miscast on the black chick now.

Star Trek: Diversity sucks so far. #NotMyStarTrek

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Sometime before TOS Klingons fuck around with gene manipulation. Something fucks up and they end up creating a virus that runs out of control and changes how they look. I guess they fix that shit before TNG starts. I think it's a storyline in the Scott Bakula series but I never watched that. I just like reading Wikias. Klingon augment virus

How this shit syncs up with the lens flare universe vs the main universe who knows.

The new trailer looks pretty. TV production is getting pretty damn good. But the actual show looks incredibly underwhelming.

Haven't read all the replies, but star trek enterprise series has a story arc that covers the augment virus (two of these arcs exists one with Brent spiner and one just starring the Dr to cure them). And there is an episode of deep space 9, that involves worf and others to go back in time during tos they question worf about the ridges and he also eludes to the augment.

Going by that logic, that explains why the klingons look different in the new movies, we can assume that the time-line split before archer and crew interacted with klingons. Or I way over think it and have watched far to much star trek.

*edit* typed on phone please ignore bad grammar and spelling.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
First of all the DS9 episode and that scene are making light of the limits of the time and a humorous scene not some neckbeard in universe reason why. Fuck Enterprise right in its stupid ass.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
All I remember is a scene in TNG with worf where someone asks him, "Hey. What happened? Why do you have forehead ridges anyway?"

And worf said, "We don't speak of it."

And it was a pretty obvious wink to "we didn't expect klingons to be such a central part of star trek. They were a throwaway one episode point that we were making back in 68!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds Jonathan Frakes as Director
Jonathan Frakes returning to the Star Trek universe? Make it so!
The major luminary from the Trek franchise will direct an episode of the CBS All Access show’s first season.
Frakes is very experienced behind the camera, having helmed several episodes of TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager, as well as the Trek films First Contact and Insurrection. In addition, he’s directed episodes of several non-Trek titles such as Leverage, Burn Notice, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Berg and Harberts previously worked with Frakes when he directed five episodes of CBS’ Roswell.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Frakes is very experienced behind the camera, having helmed several episodes of TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager, as well as the Trek films First Contact and Insurrection.

good good good love riker! go riker awesome stuff..

... fucking INSURRECTION GET OUT NOW RIKER!

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, there is certainly worse people to direct it. Frakes is a stage actor though and into plays and theater. He is at least very familiar with the Star Trek universe and even if they just redid some of the TNG stuff it would probably stand better than some odd director wanting to JJ it up.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
First Contact wasn't good either.

First Contact is not without some problems but in relation to all of the Star Trek films it's firmly in the category of "Good."

It also has a wonderful little bit of subtlety hidden within it. First Contact is Q finally proving to Picard that he is not quite as advanced as he thinks he is. Watch Encounter at Farpoint and Q Who (the episode where Q introduces humanity to the Borg) and then watch First Contact.

Q was right. Q was always right.

• 1Solidarity