Star Wars Battlefront II

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone got a code? No biggy as I can just wait till tomorrow, but have nothing to play today so figured why not ask :p I want to mess around before I think of buying.

I had some fun with the first and I hear this is much better, so at least thats good.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It seemed kind of dishonest to me, I will wait.

If anyone sees the download become available for open, say something. I want to get it started early if possible as I have potato internet speeds.

spronk

FPS noob
beta is on all platforms - ps4, xb1, pc - and it goes open beta tomorrow

and yeah DLC maps will be free the entire lifetime, there are gonna be microtransactions in the form of loot boxes and shit like every other game released in 2017

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This works.

I tried. Never a response to the ticket.

Edit. Tried once more, since it didn't even make previous ticket it seems(doesn't show up under my cases). This time it did, and got an email about 3 minutes later, but it was just telling me about opening a case and my reference number. Accidentally had it for ps4. Closed that and did it for PC, and worked that time.

Last edited:

Nija

<Silver Donator>
While the process to get a beta code worked fine for me, I would get error code 729 when trying to go online in game on the PS4. Tried it about 3 times tonight, spaced out hours apart. Either the servers are full or they're on to it. Open beta is tomorrow I guess?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm so how do you get in on the beta? It should be available now. I don't see any signups or keys or anything on the site or origin.

Found it! Just have to reload origin's main page

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are all free. No DLC this time.

Specifically because they did not like how it splintered the player base in the last one. It looks like the new pay stuff is loot box stuff but I was getting loot boxes pretty fast during play so not sure if thats much of an issue or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Games awesome. P2W aspect in the loot boxes is not. Some skills get 50% better with certain cards. No thanks. Not buying.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Games awesome. P2W aspect in the loot boxes is not. Some skills get 50% better with certain cards. No thanks. Not buying.

I would not be averse if the govnt decided to call random loot boxes 'gambling', because I've seen fellow gamers drop thousands on crap like this for one game (ie random +exp pets in BDO, kid in guild dropped 2k still didnt get what he needed).

I hate the whole microtransaction loot box randomness ;\ sigh....

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've played an hour and it has gone about like all new fps go.

The melee has this horrible animation lock, if you ever use melee you are going to die. You can't even turn with it active.

The short range charge and shotgun switch has a long animation lock as well. You can move but usually if you need it you are going to die before you can use it. The shotgun is an instant kill for everyone except me.

Severe "favor the shooter" stuff going on with cover not being much good if the bullets just come right through and kill you anyway because your enemy has a huge ping.

Geometry is very sticky, constantly getting stuck on rocks and furniture.

And the main problem is the crosshair. No options to change color, they chose white which constantly blends into the background. No size options or borders. If I want to play this I'm basically going to have to tape something onto my monitor.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This game is terrible. I'll be playing for the next 12 hours, lets team up!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user