Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
animation is amazing and its crazy to see the difference in quality between clone wars and this.
Animation is dogshit. I can't remember the original series well enough to know if it's better. It is better than rebels, but then again so was clone wars. They're all a step down from the cartoons I grew up on like Thundercats, Looney Tunes, and Transformers. An example, when hunter tossed the key to tech. It was so fucking awkward. They should have had him step across and hand the key over if that's the best toss they could do. Everything is awkward. They can't figure out how to have 2 characters in the same frame looking at each other. They always seem to be looking past each other.

Come to think of it, most of the awkwardness is probably when characters are interacting in the same frame.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Incredible episode. The use of music cues in this is absolutely top notch. This series had some bumps in the middle but the final three episodes are stacking up to be outstanding. Holy shit.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
By far the best episode of the series. Part 2 should be a good one!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I added this to my Sonarr and I was really disappointed to see it was animated. Is it kiddie shit?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
RIP Kamino. I suppose they shipped Nala Se and the other main cloners to Exegol...

Interesting detail about Omega's age. I had not considered the fact that she was the first 'mutant' clone given her apparent age compared to the others. They had accelerated aging whereas she does not.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Won't sugar coat it, the first part of this finale was stronger but this was a great finale. Tons of subtle dialogue along the way concerning Crosshair and how most of the Batch and Omega felt about him. Has to be by far the strongest first season of any animated series they have done. Looking forward to season 2 already.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At the end was that...
Wayland?

Big mountain facility? Seen in establishing shot. Check.
Subtropical environment? Also seen in establishing shot Check
Cloning facility? with Nala Se... Check

I think they just destroyed a major Star Wars lore planet and compensated us by giving us a new one.

The woman who greets Nala Se Brown hair, almond shaped brown eyes, serious goggles. Could that be a young Dr. Aphra?

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried, I really did... but I fuckin hate cartoons. I think I got to episode 8 before I just had to admit that I was bored and not having any fun.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried, I really did... but I fuckin hate cartoons. I think I got to episode 8 before I just had to admit that I was bored and not having any fun.
Im not big on them at all either. I havent watched Clone Wars or anything either. Bad Batch isnt bad but its definitely harder to get immersed in. Some of the characters are just so cheesy and cliche its cringy.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
At the end was that...
Wayland?

Big mountain facility? Seen in establishing shot. Check.
Subtropical environment? Also seen in establishing shot Check
Cloning facility? with Nala Se... Check

I think they just destroyed a major Star Wars lore planet and compensated us by giving us a new one.

The woman who greets Nala Se Brown hair, almond shaped brown eyes, serious goggles. Could that be a young Dr. Aphra?
Aphra is an archeologist, not a medical doctor. She basically the SW Indiana Jones. But yeah, I agree with your guess on the location.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scheduling-wise they should have released both of the last 2 episodes at once. Felt more like a goodbye to Kamino from the animators than part 2 of the season finale.

spronk

FPS noob
I really loved it, thought the visuals were stunning and the story telling was good. They didn't do any bullshit about Crosshair abandoning his beliefs and joining his family, they kept him super conflicted and interesting. I really, really, really appreciate that Omega is learning how to be a survivor through sheer grit and adversity instead of some magical bullshit "I'm a jedi now!" that has plagued star wars main shows/movies for years. Between this and Mandalorian I'm super happy at how Filoni seems to have a really good grasp of what being Lucas' successor means and building a believable world through small steps.

There's definitely a lot of filler and if the cartoon style is not for you, it is what it is. I don't think I'd want 5 of these kind of shows running all year round, and sadly that's probably whats gonna happen over the years as the quality goes down, but for now having 1-2 live action show and 1-2 cartoon a year is perfect, if they can keep it at this level.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
was wondering whats next for Star Wars since Bad Batch just wrapped season 1 and Book of Boba Fett isn't until dec. Turns out its anime star wars

starting sep 22, 7 episodes
will also be in japanese

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
was wondering whats next for Star Wars since Bad Batch just wrapped season 1 and Book of Boba Fett isn't until dec. Turns out its anime star wars

starting sep 22, 7 episodes
will also be in japanese

Pretty sure they are putting up all the episodes at once for this one.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At least The Batch of Omega Fett will do better than her brother's series. Also some Warhammer 40k vibes at 0:37