Star Wars: The Bad Batch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Seems the release date is September 28, its popping up on D+ apps on iphones and ipads. And somewhere along the line they announced its 16 episodes again, but today was the first I saw it seemingly confirmed. This series will overlap with Andor for quite a stretch, probably almost 2 months. Lots of fall Star Wars this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

kinda weird. andor will be dropping 3 episodes Sept 21st, She Hulk will be going on till mid Oct, and Disney is adding Bad Batch a week later instead of pushing it out a month or two?

I have to imagine close to 100% of the people watching Bad Batch are also gonna watch Andor so I wonder why Disney does this. weird.

it is funny how now every Star Wars show is basically "gruff person takes care of kid". It would be hilarious if Bad Batch dumps Omega but I doubt it'll happen. Ok show, nothing close to Clone Wars or Rebels yet.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

kinda weird. andor will be dropping 3 episodes Sept 21st, She Hulk will be going on till mid Oct, and Disney is adding Bad Batch a week later instead of pushing it out a month or two?

I have to imagine close to 100% of the people watching Bad Batch are also gonna watch Andor so I wonder why Disney does this. weird.

it is funny how now every Star Wars show is basically "gruff person takes care of kid". It would be hilarious if Bad Batch dumps Omega but I doubt it'll happen. Ok show, nothing close to Clone Wars or Rebels yet.
They were gonna push Bad Batch back but people were complaining. So they put it back on schedule.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Omega is a such a boring character. One day I'll finish that season

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
On the bright side, the gaps between shows seem to be getting smaller. Andor won't end until Thanksgiving. In the middle of that we get Tales of the Jedi (fucking hyped through the roof for that, I think this is going to turn into a whole new series, its totally open ended exploring different jedi/stories from any era). That gives us 5 weeks till Bad Batch. 2 episode premiere and 16 total episodes puts that ending April 12th. They are definitely pushing Mando s3 back from February which they clearly stated at Celebration, but now just say coming in 2023, seems like a May 4th or 25th for either Star Wars day is likely although both are Thursdays. Ahsoka should be right behind that in August or September. Skeleton Crew wrapped filming yesterday so that could be a late 2023. There's also a rumor of a season 2 of Boba Fett that didn't get any confirmation today.
Definitely most hyped for the animated stuff right now.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is a hell of a delay... especially given the likely merchandise tie ins with Lego / Hasbro etc

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The flaw in series and episodes like these is that the status quo doesn't change.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This episode was fucking awesome, the most Clone Wars of all the eps so far. Huge Crosshair and
Commander Cody
advancement.
And not a single second of the Bad Batch in it. Fucking awesome ep.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome episode. Best in the series so far. Even better that it had zero Omega in it..

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Episode 3 was great, then they followed it up with such an awful episode 4 that It made me lose interest in the series. Every scene with that racing droid was like nails on a chalkboard, and it was completely intentional by the writers. fuck that shit

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The third episode was always going to be a tough act to follow. It ranks up there not just in Bad Batch, but among all the animated Star Wars stuff.

Fadaar

That guy
SW animated shows have always been like that. Flips back and forth between A+ serious stuff and filler fluff.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of these days they'll secure the payday before Omega gets them in trouble. One of these days...