Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The robot episode stacks up about the same as the other Clone Wars robot episodes, and I should have known to just skip it entirely. Instead I got about half way through before stopping and it made me lose interest for a bit.

I picked it back up today with the treasure hunting episode and it was mediocre, but watchable, for the most part. An adventure of the week format. Modern politics, that Kathleen Kennedy help push, tainted it a bit, but that's not the episodes fault. In another timeline I would have enjoyed it more.

The last episode (Tribe) was good, with a neat tie in with more Clone Wars stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Good to see Gugni survived. It would be great if he showed up in Mando as an adult.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah binged through the dropped episodes over the last few days and really enjoyed it. Omega is pretty low on the "what a fucking annoying kid character", although the accent does not help at all.

It does all feel slightly side story and not important, so I don't think its really a must watch show like Andor or Rebels but its good extra stuff. Does make you wonder if Gungi will be in the next Jedi Fallen Order game or why he wasn't in the last one lol

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
One of these days they'll secure the payday before Omega gets them in trouble. One of these days...

Look here mister. She's the oldest sibling and therefore is the natural leader of the group. If you don't like her leadership style then find another A team knockoff to watch.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Good to see Gugni survived. It would be great if he showed up in Mando as an adult.

30 years between the serieses and wookies live to 500. He may not be all that grown up yet. But yeah, would love to see him in live action.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Awesome eps, especially the second one. Hoping this is lore focused the rest of the season.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pretty simple plot this week, but excellent character development for Tech and Omega, and Wrecker to some extent. Omega is definitely hurting a ton from what's happened so far. I expect the last 6 eps of this season to not fuck around one bit.
And the background/landscape art and music of this ep were pretty incredible.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pretty simple plot this week, but excellent character development for Tech and Omega, and Wrecker to some extent. Omega is definitely hurting a ton from what's happened so far. I expect the last 6 eps of this season to not fuck around one bit.
And the background/landscape art and music of this ep were pretty incredible.
The animation has been amazing this season.

• 1Like

Burns

It looks like they are using their newer tools to make everything but the character models for the series. The intro of them flying down into the planet really made me wish they would just commit 100% into using the updated software that they used for Tails of the Jedi.

Also, the last 4 episodes have been good and the show is back on track. Omega wasn't obnoxious in this last one. I keep reminding myself that Filoni's writers room is probably trying to plot the same path for Omega as he did with Asoka: start off annoying and character build to be likable over the course of 3 or 4 seasons.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Wait, was it tails of the jedi or tales? goddammit now I have to go look.

So does anyone else think echo left because he was tired of being called eeko? teek might be the next to go.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I really love how Filoni is doing his best to backfill so much lore about the prequels and fill out the world, it really is pretty fascinating. Just finished the episode with the Stormtrooper senate bill and that was amazing stuff.

Only minor thing is I wish they'd explain why the Bad Batch don't just steal some clone trooper outfits and pretend to be regular troopers, I know the big one wouldn't fit but its gotta be a better way than fighting hundreds of people. When "you know who" came up in the Senate, just *chefs kiss* Coulda spent a little more time on making a bit more complicated double cross plot there though.

I just looked and there are a total of SIXTEEN episodes of Bad Batch season 2, wow! They really went all out, awesome. I totally bet grown up Omega shows up in Ahsoka sometime down the line.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Excellent episode, callback to a Clone Wars plot point as well as the first season.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For some reason I thought this week was the finale (probably since Mando is now back). This was a nice call back to existing plot lines. I am getting tired of the 'adventure of the week' format. I don't mind the concept but the adventures in question have been 'meh'

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
For some reason I thought this week was the finale (probably since Mando is now back). This was a nice call back to existing plot lines. I am getting tired of the 'adventure of the week' format. I don't mind the concept but the adventures in question have been 'meh'
Well looks like it will ramp up after his episode. I wonder if Cid is gonna sell them out to the Empire.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
huge day for Star Wars. Strong season premiere for Mando, and one of the best eps this season for the Batch. Loved the Clone Wars call back, they finally name checked Mt. Tantiss, and Omega seems to be getting better and better each ep this season. The animation in this show is just crazy good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Great episode. Echo leaving looks like it is telegraphing a Crosshair redemption arc. Although, it looks like something more diabolical may be happening to him.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Great episode. Echo leaving looks like it is telegraphing a Crosshair redemption arc. Although, it looks like something more diabolical may be happening to him.

It always shocked me that Crosshair put up with being called by his CT number and the imperial disrespect as long as he did, but yeah, it looks like what would have potentially been a redemption arc is gonna be something far darker with him ending up in the hands of the cloners.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The Crosshair bottle episodes have been fantastic. The slow realization that no matter how good a soldier he is, he is destined to be thrown on the heap and wasted on meaningless missions

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the Crosshair episodes have been the best part of the season by a wide margin. But of course the rise of the Empire is something fans have wanted for decades, just not done by hacks. The retirement of the Clones has been one of the best done arcs in any SW series or movies.

• 2Like