Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yo....what if the people wanting to collect all of Darth Vader's stuff is to like "resurrect" him. That's why they would cast Hayden Cristensen. They resurrect or "clone" a non-scarred Vader.

Seems super tinfoily but I don't know what else they could do to bring him back.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they want bring darth vader, is just for nostalgia. But if they put hayden chriskefubefbfry, it's just to piss off fans imo.
But i hope they don't bring darth vader in a flashback or whatever.

Siliconemelons

did that book that was released explain anything? I mean at the end of 6...in the "new version" it seems- due to all the "cut to here, cut to there" everyone was celebrating and shooting fireworks because...we assume the empire has fallen and everyone is free?

Yet now it looks like the empire is quite back into crazy big power mode w/o the emp at the helm...

Or we could ignore the new ending and just keep the party on Endor- as we know that was just a battle and killing the emp was a big blow to the empire but there are many things to take his place and now the rebellion has a lot of work to do..

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
did that book that was released explain anything? I mean at the end of 6...in the "new version" it seems- due to all the "cut to here, cut to there" everyone was celebrating and shooting fireworks because...we assume the empire has fallen and everyone is free?

Yet now it looks like the empire is quite back into crazy big power mode w/o the emp at the helm...

Or we could ignore the new ending and just keep the party on Endor- as we know that was just a battle and killing the emp was a big blow to the empire but there are many things to take his place and now the rebellion has a lot of work to do..
Blowing up the death star II and killing the Emperor would be like a desert tribe/militia blowing up an Aircraft Carrier with George W Bush on it. There would be people dancing all over the middle east, but that would cause the US to regroup and glass the entire area.

I think you're correct that it's a major blow to the Empire, but you don't have to ignore the celebrations.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I never saw anything I thought Hayden Christensen was even remotely decent in until Shattered Glass which I thought was great. He plays a total whiny heel so maybe it was just a fitting casting. Are there other examples?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I havent checked but is the special fluff editions cannon? I dont remember reading anything about this.
Small changes but it would remove the celebrations and allow the original force ghost for Luke....or
Anakin force ghost for Kylo.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Blowing up the death star II and killing the Emperor would be like a desert tribe/militia blowing up an Aircraft Carrier with George W Bush on it. There would be people dancing all over the middle east, but that would cause the US to regroup and glass the entire area.

I think you're correct that it's a major blow to the Empire, but you don't have to ignore the celebrations.
There's no real world equivalent that pops off to the top of my head but imagine a pyramid scheme where the top guy and his BFF get axed. The power structure is actually still there, it's just a matter of it now being x number of direct subordinates instead of just one guy. It will be interesting to see how they end up filling that void from end of 6, start of 7. The old EU had the Republic back in place within 5 years, but I always thought that was unrealistic even for Star Wars.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Thrawn trilogy had the foundation of a Republic, and even that was tenuous at best. There were still vast Empire-controlled sectors. It was more akin to American Civil War era, the galaxy basically split into two.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I always assumed that the various planets wouldn't exactly be down with forming yet another giant cohesive republic after the last one turned all Nazi. They'll only be forced to when Empire 7.0 starts gobbling them up.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
i would really like to see them do some shit on Corellia, han and wedge's home planet, at least according to the EU. the books made it really interesting. i have no clue what about Corellia is canon anymore though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
i would really like to see them do some shit on Corellia, han and wedge's home planet, at least according to the EU. the books made it really interesting. i have no clue what about Corellia is canon anymore though.
You never tell them the odds, man!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
FkUg9rR.jpg

Arakkis

N00b
This could go one of two ways: 1) Hayden gets great direction and dialogue, and redeems his godawful prequel performances or, most likely 2) his shit acting ruins a well written scene and breaks immersion. Hopefully they shoot with him and cut the entire thing if it sucks.

Sterling

El Presidente
This could go one of two ways: 1) Hayden gets great direction and dialogue, and redeems his godawful prequel performances or, most likely 2) his shit acting ruins a well written scene and breaks immersion. Hopefully they shoot with him and cut the entire thing if it sucks.
Well, I doubt the movie will win any writing awards or anything anyways. He could be just fine if it's a relatively small role.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Well it would be more like blowing up the carrier with george W bush, his vp, most of the congress, most of the pentagon leadership, as well as a lot of their research development/ship building experts. While it does not mean the empire instantly goes poof they basically cut most of the main leadership of the military and political wings with one fell swoop. Given the nature of the government to reestablish power with the chain of command decimated the knives came out and back stabbing/empire building broke out which destroyed the unity the empire had which is how the rebels began to peel off more and more planets.

Siliconemelons

Well it would be more like blowing up the carrier with george W bush, his vp, most of the congress, most of the pentagon leadership, as well as a lot of their research development/ship building experts. While it does not mean the empire instantly goes poof they basically cut most of the main leadership of the military and political wings with one fell swoop. Given the nature of the government to reestablish power with the chain of command decimated the knives came out and back stabbing/empire building broke out which destroyed the unity the empire had which is how the rebels began to peel off more and more planets.
Why is it always GW eh? why not the one before him? or the current one? why go back in reference specifically to him? was he THE EMPEROR?!

just messing with ya ;-)