Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Oh thats not tied to a specific module then as i had that happen even though i deleted every module it came with to start from scratch on a new design.

So fucking dumb theres no build a new ship option.
Yeah. You have to buy/steal some cheap dogshit if you want to leave something else you were provided stock.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So when can you add the habs with the crafting benches in your ship? I think I'm 35, and have design and piloting 4, but haven't seen them for sale yet. I know some components are level gated, just wondering when I can build my flying fortress.

Also, was watching this earlier and this guy does a pretty good break down of the weapons for ships. Might be useful for some of you, I know it helped me. Does a nice chapter based explanation.

He's got some other decent videos about ship building too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh thats not tied to a specific module then as i had that happen even though i deleted every module it came with to start from scratch on a new design.

So fucking dumb theres no build a new ship option.
Yeah, it makes sense throwing mods onto a weapon or gear, since you're just modifying the base item, and there are intrinsic base values that you can't change, but there are literally two different buttons in the ship builder, one to upgrade a ship and one to build one. I feel like the building part got scrapped/delayed and they just went with allowing the upgrade interface to delete shit and add new as a temporary fix, just with a different button.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So when can you add the habs with the crafting benches in your ship? I think I'm 35, and have design and piloting 4, but haven't seen them for sale yet. I know some components are level gated, just wondering when I can build my flying fortress.
Are you sure you can't? I can't look at it right now but I am pretty sure all those unlock at level 1, and most of the manufacturers have a variant of each. They are just called other things, like Science Hab would have a Research bench, etc.

Again, I'm not in game to confirm, but that link Vorph posted earlier shows them at level 1.

For example: HopeTech Science Lab 2x1 - ship module | Starfield | INARA

From that page: The interior of this module contains Research lab and Pharmaceutical lab.

If I'm wrong, sorry about that, but I swear I've attached some to my Frankenstein ship already. Maybe they were already existing on the Hyena and I'm mistaken.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
So when can you add the habs with the crafting benches in your ship?

I had them in my 20s. Called a workshop in the 2x1 habs of all brands. Stroud has one that includes the research terminal as well which is handy. Nova adds two passenger slots but doesn't have the research terminal.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Are you sure you can't? I can't look at it right now but I am pretty sure all those unlock at level 1, and most of the manufacturers have a variant of each. They are just called other things, like Science Hab would have a Research bench, etc.

Again, I'm not in game to confirm, but that link Vorph posted earlier shows them at level 1.

For example: HopeTech Science Lab 2x1 - ship module | Starfield | INARA

From that page: The interior of this module contains Research lab and Pharmaceutical lab.

If I'm wrong, sorry about that, but I swear I've attached some to my Frankenstein ship already. Maybe they were already existing on the Hyena and I'm mistaken.
I know they're called workshop, medbay, etc. Maybe I'm looking under the wrong tab? Aren't they under habitats? I built a ship's pad on Mars, I've gone to the different star yards and haven't seen them.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know they're called workshop, medbay, etc. Maybe I'm looking under the wrong tab? Aren't they under habitats? I built a ship's pad on Mars, I've gone to the different star yards and haven't seen them.
I'll look when I get home later if no one else has answered, but according to that link they are under habs like you surmised. That page should show you the vendors that definitely have it. I can say with some certainty that at least the 2x2 ones don't fucking exist on the outpost landing pad though, and likely none of the others do either, which is really fucking retarded. Probably going to fuck around with the mod/command to unlock all the parts on one vendor way out (because currently it is apparently a pain to revert them back once you unlock them, in the event of any bugs) just so I don't have to run all over.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have to select the 2x1 All in One hab and then scroll right with the dpad (or wasd, I guess?) to find all the other options for that size. Anything with a bunch of -------------- under the name is like that and has multiple versions. All habs are available at level 1, so you definitely have access.

I can say with some certainty that at least the 2x2 ones don't fucking exist on the outpost landing pad though, and likely none of the others do either, which is really fucking retarded.
Yeah, anything bigger than a 3x1 has to be bought at the home base for whatever brand you want.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You have to select the 2x1 All in One hab and then scroll right with the dpad (or wasd, I guess?) to find all the other options for that size. Anything with a bunch of -------------- under the name is like that and has multiple versions. All habs are available at level 1, so you definitely have access.

Yeah, anything bigger than a 3x1 has to be bought at the home base for whatever brand you want.
Fuck me I had no clue. Doesn't exactly explain that does it, or maybe I missed it. Thanks bud.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Suddenly Fallout prequel

1695430894740.png

• 3Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So I'm doing a MSL deal and I'm stuck in an elevator with Walter and he asks what I'm going to do. His wife is trying to guide us out of the problem.

I get this option, and it tickled my funny bone for some reason. I had added the extrovert trait via the console because it's supposed to open up some more interesting or funny dialogue. I don't know if this is a result of that, or if it does stuff like bounty Hunter and labels the response from that particular trait. I'm not just a few other moments in the game where it's pretty goofy dialogue that's gotten a chuckle out of me.

IMG_20230922_184345221_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230922_184401053.jpg

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So I'm doing a MSL deal and I'm stuck in an elevator with Walter and he asks what I'm going to do. His wife is trying to guide us out of the problem.

I get this option, and it tickled my funny bone for some reason. I had added the extrovert trait via the console because it's supposed to open up some more interesting or funny dialogue. I don't know if this is a result of that, or if it does stuff like bounty Hunter and labels the response from that particular trait. I'm not just a few other moments in the game where it's pretty goofy dialogue that's gotten a chuckle out of me.

Those are just regular options. I got them without extrovert.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The great Mossasaur, Zelazny II
View attachment 491823
Is there any idea of how many different alien creatures there are? Seems that there's a pretty large variety, how much they get recycled. It seems that the ones I encounter on different habitable planets are three different than other ones I've seen, apart from them being some sort of crab monster. I haven't seen a lot of dinosaurs yet other than some pterodactyls.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So is there a reason why outpost production keeps going down to 0?

It has the required power
Nothing is destroyed
Nothing needs to be repaired

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
In FO4 if I go into a place where I know I'm outnumbered, well I can do all kinds of things to make the fight more interesting and better. Here, no I cannot. There's no reward for battlefield wisdom. The generic scifi is dull, it's just dull. Boring. Badly written. The game is okay, it's playable to a high degree. But it's lifeless. It's like a Windows update.

• 3Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Random thought - You guys remember Battlefield Vietnam, and how it had a built-in playlist of songs that you could turn on while flying around (and also import your own music)? These games need to do shit like that more often. They should just make an integration with Spotify so you can create your own Starfield playlist and have it autoplay while you're in your ship. Maybe add some audio effects so different cockpits have different sound systems and sound different.

I mean, for that to be fun I'd really need the ability to fly over the surface of a planet and strafe indigenous lifeforms with gauss cannons, but adding a Spotify integration would be a good first step.

• 3Like