Steam Deals and Digital Sales

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Steam Lunar New Year sale started today. Picked up The Forest for me and the wife to tackle head on in co-op

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Found 2 small gems on the steam lunar sale.

Kingdom Rush Frontiers - first one was one of the best tower defense games ive played, this is just as good.

LISA - hilarious dark retroish rpg like a fucked up earthbound.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couple of bundles worth looking at :

Fanatical

Fanatical
That second bundle has Rise of the Triad, and dang does that bring back some memories. Family had just gotten their first Pentium 75mhz , and that's the game we bought along with it. It was so amazing, and of course as a teenage kid, I thought it was so cool the level of blood and guts in the game as well.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Humble Classics Return Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

$1 - broken swords 5, shadowrun returns, tesla effect tex murphy, shadowrun dragonfall
$bta ~$7: shadowrun HK, wasteland 2, age of wonders 3, xenonauts
$15: torment tides of numeria, dreamfall chapters

Lots of good games in that bundle, sadly I own most of them already. Also if you do want Age of Wonders 3, Wingamestore runs a sale for the complete edition for it for 10$(less if it's your first time ordering from them there's a voucher), which has both expansions which otherwise cost a bunch of money and add quite a lot to the game. I picked that up last month and it was a very enjoyable game, now I'm hoping they're making a 4th one although not sure since they were acquired by Paradox so they might have dismantled them to work on Paradox games instead.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Those were the good ole days. It was before internet was available and if you did have a modem it was 2600 baud local BB type shit. No walkthrus tempting you. You solved the damn problem if you wanted to move on.
Back when computers made minds great again.

Meanwhile, back in reality, a lot of games just got abandoned and never played again

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Meanwhile, back in reality, a lot of games just got abandoned and never played again
Won't lie, there is some I got stumped on so much I gave up and it wasn't super hard puzzles I couldn't solve just sick of trying stuff.
Ultima series, especially 3+ where you had to figure out keywords, timing cycles and digging spots and more I never gave up on. Completing one of those games was like winning a gold medal.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Babbage's/Software Etc had a book section with walk through books that helped solve some of those ridiculous puzzles. I don't know if anyone ever bought those books because they were all tattered and worn from kids reading them in store. I remember using them for some Zork and Planetfall roadblocks. But yea, there were a lot of games that I never solved due to difficulty as opposed to today where I don't finish mostly due to boredom.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Earliest/only memory I really have of that was the pirate ship on SM:LotSS where the answer was Pearls. Had to crack open the dictionary's for that one but such a fun game

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Earliest/only memory I really have of that was the pirate ship on SM:LotSS where the answer was Pearls. Had to crack open the dictionary's for that one but such a fun game

Pfft you couldn't figure that one out?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Living in a landlocked state and never really being exposed to seafood/ocean life, nope. Being 6 or 7 it took me a while