Steam Deals and Digital Sales

uup2it_sl

shitlord
Defiance for 13.59 seems like decent deal. For that price a single char play through should be worth it. Definitely voting for dishonored for next sale.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If/when the sleeping dogs DLC goes on sale which ones do I actually need to buy and which are just shitting and/or cosmetic money grabs
Actual content worth playing:
Zodiac Tournament
Wheels of Fury (just don't use the car unless you want to cheat)
Year of the Snake
SWAT Pack (missions are decent but very short, content it adds is cheat-mode)

There's the Nightmare in North Point one too, but it's standalone. And terrible.

The rest are all cosmetic or pure cheats.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dishonored is up for a community vote at $10.20.

FarCry 3 is up for a community vote, but would only have '30%' off, at $24. Will wait for a daily deal on that and hope it gets 50%+ off.
If it follows previous sales, the community vote is mostly meaningless. In the last couple sales that have had them, nearly every deal eventually showed up as either a daily deal, flash deal, or even got put up for another vote. I also can't recall any times where a daily deal's sale was lower than a vote or flash deal, probably because they don't want people to regret buying something when they could've gotten it cheap later. $24 is almost guaranteed to be the best deal we'll see on FarCry 3.

If/when the sleeping dogs DLC goes on sale which ones do I actually need to buy and which are just shitting and/or cosmetic money grabs
The two DLCs that add story content are Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake. I believe Zodiac Tournament also has some story, but from what I can tell, it's mostly just a fighting minigame. The Police Protection Pack, Martial Arts Pack, and Triad Enforcer Pack all add some cosmetic items or vehicles, but each also has an additional side mission (like another car chase or fighting match), which makes theDragon Master Packa really good deal since it includes all of those and a couple other DLCs.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hotline Miami is a steal at $2.50. Figures they add trading cards to it after I beat it several times over. Guess I'll play again...

bayr_sl

shitlord
I thought all the Sleeping Dogs DLC sucked, though I really enjoyed the game itself. They don't really have story, just a short appearance from a character like the cop chick for Year of the Snake and Wei Shen doing a half dozen busy work missions. It made me realize just how generic GTA clone a lot of the missions in Sleeping Dogs were when they had no story to back them up.

Buy and play the game for sure, I strongly reccomend it, but avoid basically all the DLC even if you are craving more like I was

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought all the Sleeping Dogs DLC sucked, though I really enjoyed the game itself. They don't really have story, just a short appearance from a character like the cop chick for Year of the Snake and Wei Shen doing a half dozen busy work missions. It made me realize just how generic GTA clone a lot of the missions in Sleeping Dogs were when they had no story to back them up
Alright then that pretty much sums up I'll pass on the DLC. The game got somewhat tiring towards the end doing basically the same thing over and over. I still thought the game was fantastic but it certainly didn't really leave me wanting for more.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Defiance for 13.59 seems like decent deal. For that price a single char play through should be worth it. Definitely voting for dishonored for next sale.
I hope dishonored doesn't get it, pretty much picked it up during the get loaded offer for 7.50

Vaclav

BL2 Season Pass is 33% off all sale long, so I guess we hope for a 50-66% daily/flash sale at some point.
Looking at the current BL2 price and the 33% looking like it hits ALL the DLC (Plus the Season Pass) - I'd imagine if it comes up on a deeper sale for BL2 (and it's up for vote currently) the sale will extend to DLC as well.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
And so it begins...

Not sure how much I'm getting this sale. Between humble bundles, previous sales, amazon, I own so much shit it's not even funny. Not seeing anything today that jumps out (already got Hotline Miami). Dishonored may warrant consideration if it wins the vote.

It says you can trade summer sale cards, I'm always down for that if anyone is interested.

Vaclav

Yep, I voted for it in that exact hope!
Heh, same although I probably won't take advantage (already have game + 2 xpacs on PC and game + season pass on PS3 - really seems silly to complete both copies...)

spronk

FPS noob
defiance for $13.59 seems like a good deal, I just started watching the show (season 1 ended) so even a few hours of extra backstory should be worth it, and its a b2p game with no sub fee. I played the beta and thought it was really mediocre, but worth <$20. Only sucky thing is the season pass DLC is not on sale, and the first DLC should be coming out soon.

can't buy shit right now though, steam is pretty much down
frown.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Year of the Snake worth playing or is all the DLC fairly mediocre?
I liked both Year of the Snake and Nightmare on North Point, but then with as much as I loved Sleeping Dogs, I was happy to have an excuse to return to it for a little while longer.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, the summer sale trading cards are selling for far above the average (80 cents vs 10-40 cents) each. Sure it's chump change, but 3 quarters towards your next game is infinitely better than a fucking profile background, emoticon, and a -60% off coupon on a game no-one wants (plenty of people giving away their coupons if you're bucking the trend and just got-ta get some of that).

Troll_sl

shitlord
New flash sales.

Dark Souls, 75% off, $7.49
Bastion, 85% off, $2.24

Don't care about the other two.

Edit: Apparently Steam's prices didn't update properly. Lower prices than were first posted.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Mine say 75% Darksouls 7.50euros and 85% Bastion 2euros. Kinda tempted to grab Dark Souls to see the DLC content and just replay the game. Since I picked up Scriblenauts and Dota2 is probably patching a new hero this week I guess I'll just wait until it comes back again at the end of the sale or something.