Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I thought I had bought Civ5 at some point, but...it's not there. What's the cheapest the Gold Version has been? Cheaper than the 50% it is now?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Sometimes, people here can gift it to you... there are some good people with extra keys.

Then it is 10 bucks right now to upgrade to Gold.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Edit: Never mind...I clicked on the game on Steam and it said I had it, like I initially thought...went through my folders and found it hidden.
Thanks, though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I picked up Defender's Quest since it's on sale during the summer sale. It's a great game (I played 5 hours straight last night), but I don't know if I'd say it's a better tower defense game than Defense Grid. One of the things I like about Defense Grid is how simplistic and pure it is in terms of tower defense. There aren't really any gimmicks or special mechanics; you build towers and upgrade towers. It's just personal preference.

Anyway, Defender's Quest is less than $5.00 for the duration of the summer sale so now is the time to pick it up.
I feel the same way. Definitely worth the money, and I've been playing it off and on and work, which is awesome. It has certain elements I really like, like the skill trees and leveling, but it isn't a whole lot more advanced than flash games like Protector. It isn't even on the same level as Defense Grid, in my opinion.

Also, two archers with the best bows you can buy and rapid fire just own most things. The rest of my guys are essentially cleanup for stuff that makes it past the archers. That sort of thing doesn't really happen in DG at all. I still really like Defender's Quest though, so I'm not bashing it. Just not the same experience really.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn I'm torn. Trying to really stay within budget this time and trying to decide whether to jump on XCOM or wait and hope Dishonored shows up at the end again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've heard fans of OMD may enjoy that Sang Froid game that is on flash sale right now

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Stillborn: Serious? That looks as fun as watching paint dry to me.
Lol, kinda what I said before playing it. It's not for everyone I agree. Download the demo and give it a whirl. I don't care for Sim City myself, yet tons like it. Similar situation here.

It's also not just about driving the truck but building and managing/growing your trucking business.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, ok I can see that being remotely fun once you mention the non-driving bits - almost like a.... non-violent (or is it! DRAG RACING BIG RIGS!!!!) Privateer you're making it sound like.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Nice Dungeon Defenders is on sale again. Picked up 2 copies at 7.50 each for game and all DLC.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just picked Chivalry since it's on sale again, why is there a beta client and why is it almost twice as big as the game? Are they still in beta?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just picked Chivalry since it's on sale again, why is there a beta client and why is it almost twice as big as the game? Are they still in beta?
No but they are always testing and adding content, full game is very stable and fantastic. Just played another 2 hours or so. Duel maps are good times.

Finally grabbed all the DLC for Magicka and Dungeon Defenders. Time for some serious co-op action.