Street Fighter 6

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see a lot of talking and not a lot of being online and fighting!
Was hockey tonight. I'll be gaming tomorrow. Still don't know what main I want.

Game is a 10/10 fighting game though. It's very reactive which makes it pretty damn hard. Probably the best SF they've ever made

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I picked it up on ps5. I'm on the fence, drive impact is really annoying and gets spammed too much. I played guile in sf5 so I will stick with him, he seems to go well with my geriatric reflexes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm sticking with Dee-Jay for now. Bought a second hand hori fighting stick mini last week. It was better than pad for SF2 turbo but I was struggling with sf6. Had to watch a youtube video for better hand positioning and now my move execution is improved.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
lol Zangief on modern controls is some bullshit....they can press one button and SPD rush/grab you from half the screen lmao

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Like this:

Yeah the replies to that vid and a similar thread on reddit back me up. I said to Kyougou Kyougou when he apologized for being "cheap" that there is no such thing as "cheap" because the Sirlin play to win manifesto makes that point. But that's not the same as pointing out something is broken

edit* ok just played an M Zangief at Silver 1, all I did was neutral jump+HK when he tried to grab. Pretty easy win but if he gets close its still bs

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Throws in general seem to be more powerful in this SF then most others. They beat most normals, counter drives and give decent knock down. Can't wait for Akuma so I can get fools in a vortex.

However the counter to throws is jumping and jumping heavies usually lead into the free-est damage in the game.

Unfortunately none of this meta applies to me cause I suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gotta say, the music in this game fucking sucks. None of it gets me pumped at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, this is the first Street Fighter game I've bought in decades. I succumbed to all of the "PERFECT GAME!" hype and was looking forward to it. The actual fighting mechanics / matches are definitely fun and satisfying. The world tour mode was weird at first but I'm enjoying it now. However, I threw on the old SNES soundtrack the other day to get pumped up for this and that was a mistake. The music is terrible and it brings down the game. Is there any chance that Capcom will include classic tracks or something in an update / future DLC? You can already unlock the classic costumes which makes it easy to launch precision strikes directly into Cammy's butthole, so it seems like a small ask.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, this is the first Street Fighter game I've bought in decades. I succumbed to all of the "PERFECT GAME!" hype and was looking forward to it. The actual fighting mechanics / matches are definitely fun and satisfying. The world tour mode was weird at first but I'm enjoying it now. However, I threw on the old SNES soundtrack the other day to get pumped up for this and that was a mistake. The music is terrible and it brings down the game. Is there any chance that Capcom will include classic tracks or something in an update / future DLC? You can already unlock the classic costumes which makes it easy to launch precision strikes directly into Cammy's butthole, so it seems like a small ask.
If you go to options there's a little slider for music. Turn it all the way down. Then browse to youtube.com and type "classic street fighter ost"

But yea the music is absolutely garbage. Only made it to 3 character selects before muting it. There was some shaolin techno that was decent but fuck it. Just put in your own shit. Definitely nowhere as good as arcsys osts

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Approximately 95-97% of all music produced in the last 20 years or so is worse than getting an incurable ass cancer diagnosis, change my mind.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users