Suicide Squad (2016)

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was better than RT score, I'd say on normal-human-being BvS scale of rating. Maybe 7/10? 6.5/10?

Will Smith did a classic Will Smith. It's funny if you don't expect him to be going for an Oscar. Some of the stuff was kind of meh, and I think Harley was definitely the focus of the 'bad guys'. I think they spent a little too much trying to make her seem super lethal and kickass, but it's whatever. Killer Croc was underused I think. Katana was like...filler? Captain Boomerang was great comic relief because him fighting with sharpened boomerangs is pretty hilarious at that level of combat.

Amanda Waller was awesome. She's like the good-guy villain you root for. Like she's doing good stuff in bad ways for good reasons and it works really well. The scene after the rescue where Will Smith says "that's gangster" was pretty awesome. She ain't fucking around.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The morbidly obese aspie at work asked if I'd seen it yet, and I said no, but that I'd read 'the reviews.' Cue a five-minute speech, wherein it is explained that everyone who dislikes DC movies is just spitting out the same biased jew shit they read on Rotten Tomatoes because they don't want DC 'to succeed'. 'Jew' is my phrasing, but I'm guessing he believes in some sort've entertainment industry illuminati.

I am now choosing to never watch this movie, just to spite the fat fuck.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Watchable at worst, pretty good in chunks. Really liked the cast. Really disjointed in parts after all the re-editing, like the opening scenes with Harley and Deadshot that seemed so out of place.

Caliane

The morbidly obese aspie at work asked if I'd seen it yet, and I said no, but that I'd read 'the reviews.' Cue a five-minute speech, wherein it is explained that everyone who dislikes DC movies is just spitting out the same biased jew shit they read on Rotten Tomatoes because they don't want DC 'to succeed'. 'Jew' is my phrasing, but I'm guessing he believes in some sort've entertainment industry illuminati.

I am now choosing to never watch this movie, just to spite the fat fuck.
that is reasonable. (not sarcasm. really. this is not remotely good enough to require viewing by anyone. go watch Dredd instead.)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My point was that Shonuff is almost certainly Lyrical. He even said he came over under a different name.

???.

I don't even know who that guy is, but it sure seems as if you are preoccupied with him. Maybe you want some of that BBC?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What was the point of putting Scott Eastwood in this movie? I dont think he said 1 thing

Really wanted to see more of the other characters kicking ass. Croc, El Diablo, Boomerang, and Katana were completely wasted

Last edited:

Homsar

4JFHiYg.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's because they're playing "Catch Up To Marvel" as opposed to letting the characters develop over multiple movies. Gotta jam as much shit as humanly possible into each one, otherwise they'll never hit The Avengers.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw it on Friday night and was entertained. It was a B- movie in my opinion. Definitely not as bad as BvS. I was a bit disappointed though as I thought they were going for a Guardians of the Galaxy type funny movie from the trailers only to find that the jokes in the trailers are pretty much it.

As for the bad guy being meh, if you think that, you honestly don't know who the real bad guy was. Which is my second gripe with this movie, the ending. That kind of pissed me off and was only slightly redeemed by the Harley Quinn ending.

As for Joker and people being pissed they thought he'd be more part of the movie...the movie is names Suicide Squad, not The Joker. I thought he role in the movie and his appearances were just fine.

Homsar

I was a bit disappointed though as I thought they were going for a Guardians of the Galaxy type funny movie from the trailers only to find that the jokes in the trailers are pretty much it.

This guy was maybe the best comic relief in the film, Ike needs to get more roles. Waller was the villain technically, she killed thousand of people with bungling enchantress, then gave away the location of all the top secret locations to Enchantress/Incubus. No idea why Flag would ever work with her again
back-to-belle-reve-deadshot-trailer-reveals-ike-barinholtz-s-role-in-suicide-squad-1067103.jpg

Last edited:

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
This guy was maybe the best comic relief in the film, Ike needs to get more roles. Waller was the villain technically, she killed thousand of people with bungling enchantress, then gave away the location of all the top secret locations to Enchantress/Incubus. No idea why Flag would ever work with her again

No idea why he didn't just shoot her in the head at the end of the movie.

Also a little confused about the bombs in their necks. Didn't the Joker turn at least Harley's off if not everybody's? If it was only temporary wouldn't Waller still be able to kill Harley when the scrambler was turned off eventually?

Caliane

No idea why he didn't just shoot her in the head at the end of the movie.

Also a little confused about the bombs in their necks. Didn't the Joker turn at least Harley's off if not everybody's? If it was only temporary wouldn't Waller still be able to kill Harley when the scrambler was turned off eventually?
he thinks shes a mean bitch, but doesn't actually think she is wrong. She is in charge. not going to shoot his superior NCO.
aftercredits thought.
it occurs to me, they bungled the after credits scene. If I read it correctly.
Waller lost her leverage, and needs Wayne to help protect her. and hands over intel on the Flash and Aquaman at least. which presumably leads to the Justice league trailer, where he recruits them.

What should have been, is bruce-"lets talk about the other files. Checkmate. The people you couldn't get leverage on." Waller-"you know if we can't get make work for us, we need options to put them down. We made plans.." Bruce-"I want them." At that point, Bruce looks at the files, with plans to kill Flash, Aquaman, etc, and takes them.

Homsar

I dont know how she can still have any power and not get killed after giving away their location and almost killing all of her superiors

Also did they mention Cadmus?

Last edited: