Summer 2013 Anime Thread

Sean_sl

shitlord
aren't a lot of animes based on dating sims? like fate stay night, or is that more of a pc game?
Fate/Stay Night is based off a Visual Novel. Many dating sims are done in the VN style, but not all VNs are dating sims. There are also quite a few VNs, like F/SN, that are just stories with multiple arcs/path and have no game stuff in them what so ever.

Then there's stuff that's a lot more gamey like Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita game). It has a ton of different branching paths and choices and is a huge mystery story where you solve puzzle rooms in between certain parts of it. There's a bunch of stuff you can only do after having played through certain paths, etc. Took me about 27 hours to beat it and see everything.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Supposedly ufotable just got the go ahead to do fate/stay night heavens feel route
Cool. I'd rather they did a proper series out of Unlimited Blade Works though, the movie was just too short to do UBW any sort of justice and it felt more like a big highlights reel. It's really a shame that that's all it got, because UBW is by *far* the best arc of any of the Type-Moon stuff.

I do hope they do more than just a movie for Heaven's Feel too, there's just no way a single movie could pull it off at all. Heaven's Feel is also like, holy fucking shit fucked up. I have no clue how they're going to pull that off and still keep the vibe it gave unless they do not censor the material at all.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Both Fantasista Doll and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou took a step back for the second episodes in similar ways.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Think everything has aired now.

Gin no Saji- Loved this, the Agricultural setting is great.
Gatchaman Crowds- Fun and silly.
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation- Pretty much the games to a T.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya- Hilarious and awesome, like a F/SN gag reel.
Kimi no Iru Machi- Basically the only real Romance show this season and definitely worth watching, check out the OVAs beforehand if you do though.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
God damn, Titan has some of the best choices for intro music. Even the new one rocks.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ending music on Kamisama no Inai is good, pretty sure its same group from Deadman Wonderland.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Even though this isn't summer 2013 based, Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day is 100% Anime based. Not the hourly deals, but the full day one.

I just purchased Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Volume 1 & 2 for a grand total of $49 after tax. That's 66% off today alone.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yikes, Fate/Kaleid is a crime against good taste. It's like remaking Schindler's List as a slapstick comedy starring Tyler Perry.

Malakriss

Randomly saw this trailer, immediately thought of Sean:

I think the first episode publicly premieres... today?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Even though this isn't summer 2013 based, Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day is 100% Anime based. Not the hourly deals, but the full day one.

I just purchased Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Volume 1 & 2 for a grand total of $49 after tax. That's 66% off today alone.
Its back on Netflix, but ive seen it like 3x already =/ Series is soooo soo good! I wish to hell they'd put up jap audio on Guin Saga - cant stomach the english version for shit.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
This season is just, terrible.
Maybe apart from Blood Lad and Monogatari.

Thankfully there is still Titan and Railgun for now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gravekeeper = wtf, he was immortal then suddenly turned dead?!?!? HOW IN GODS NAME

Malakriss

I'm writing Genei, Fantastista, and Fate off at this point. They're not even trying.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Last few episodes of Hunter X Hunter have been turning into DBZ. Whole show is a buildup of one damn move. Then they pull a "to be continued!"

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Gravekeeper = wtf, he was immortal then suddenly turned dead?!?!? HOW IN GODS NAME
I believe earlier in the story he states he feels God is just being a moron and giving people what they wished for. He then states he wished he was immortal back when he was 17 or so and it was granted. Then just before he dies he states secretly he always wanted to die in a certain way. God then fulfills his wish and lets him die the way he wanted.

That's how it seems like they are presenting it, everyone says God has abandoned them. But surprise!!! Not really hes just been granting what people desired. (according to what the theory is that we know so far)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's the most likely theory. Dunno if I even want to continue watching. Not upset with the show or anything, just weighing whether I would prefer to just leave this a vignette or whether there's anything much compelling for the expanded story. "I'm going to wander around and do things maybe somehow" isn't much of a hook.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Randomly saw this trailer, immediately thought of Sean:

I think the first episode publicly premieres... today?
for info on this i'll give it a scoop.
this is from the mind and mo-cap of monty oum, he's the guy that made the "dead fantasy" series (dead or alive girls vs final fantasy girls) and haloid (master chief vs samus). the ppl at roosterteeth, who make the video series "red vs. blue" brought him on board to mo-cap rvb, (i think for season 8) and onward. Now he's created a signature series that doesn't "borrow" from other franchises.

Make no mistake it's an entire team doing this series, like 10 guys (or more). imo the series suffers from, the dialogue and voice acting, which is out of character since rvb has really good dialogue and voice acting, but the crew doing RWBY is entirely different than rvb.

the action isn't actually "played-out" yet imo, even tho i've seen all his stuff, it still manages to be refreshing.