Summer 2013 Anime Thread

nuday

Golden Squire
And to no one's surprise, Titan is still going strong as a motha fucka. Damn, this is a great anime.
I just started Titan this week, and I'm ten episodes in. Do they ever stop spending ten minutes per episode on some random character pissing and moaning about how shitty they are as a person? I really enjoy it until the inevitable slump of emotional reflection.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just watched first episode of Gin no Saji, not sure if I'll like it more than Moyashimon yet, but holy shit they had me laughing hard when suddenly the fat girl started flying away in the wind. Also watching Blood Lad and Watamote (most awkward anime ever), anything else I really should be watching this season? I'll be getting to a few more soon.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I just started Titan this week, and I'm ten episodes in. Do they ever stop spending ten minutes per episode on some random character pissing and moaning about how shitty they are as a person? I really enjoy it until the inevitable slump of emotional reflection.
Not so far, everything after the first big fight has been a long meandering slog, with occasional good moments that really serve to highlight how much time is being wasted on random bit character introspection.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really wish someone would takeover HxH, following the author's proposed plans to finish the story. Even just finishing the story through anime would be amazing. Is there any precedent for something like this to happen?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
HxH, Titan, Highschool DX(something), and like 3 other shows only shits worth watching - Terrible summer outside a few gems and the ongoings from before.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i wonder if anyone is putting themselves through the pain and horror that is saint seiya omega?... I watched saint seiya in 1990, and when i mean watched, i rewatched, hell that's how i learned the zodiac in chronological order... is the order in which they go up to athena! And here's the thing... seiya is my least favorite saint, but i have literally probably logged 1,000 hours of saint seiya, the VHS tapes were getting grainy! (and yes when i found out about the Hades arc, i ordered ghetto almost read dvd's from yes asia... anime was still hard to get in the early 2000).

Now i put myself through the pain that is saint seiya omega... it's an absolutely putrid show, i can almost say the animation is worse than from 1988!, and somehow, they've made EVERY character unlikable. then episode 50... i got seiya... for once in 30 years acting like a badass, for 10mins...

i don't recommend anyone watch it, i just can't help it... every episode i'm just praying maybe they'll kill this new cast.

btw if you've never watched saint seiya (and it's really old) and you like bleach, it's always been my theory that bleach is just a big rip off of saint seiya. bleach tells the story of a noob, ichigo who takes along his friends, chad/big boobs and arrow guy and goes on adventures, but you don't really care about the story, until you meet the goeti 13, and you're like WOW why are these captains and their stories so much better and more interesting than the main cast?

That's saint seiya... seiya and his merry band of lowly saints run around on adventures and are pretty insignificant, until you meet the gold saints which comprise the zodiac (12 if you don't know) and their stories are way more interesting than the main cast.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Check out some of the anime forums, a lot of people seem to be all over the "Kirino ending". People are fucking retarded.

Most romance comedies are pointless anyways, only rare ones ever give you a good solution.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Those people should be punched in the face for being that retarded.

OreImo is now easily in the top 5 worst things that I have ever watched and I have watched many, many fucking awful things. Kirino is also one of the most awful characters that I have ever seen.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah she is, and the only redeeming quality of the show were his relationships with the other girls.

I haven't really been satisfied with many romantic solutions in anime since as far back as fucking Robotech. At least Rick Hunter got his shit together.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I read the synopsis for OreImo, and it sounds like it would easily be in the top 5 worst things that I have never watched.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Funniest shit ever.

rrr_img_41137.jpg

Szlia

I saw the movie at a festival: It's hilarious for about 45 minutes, it peaks when the antagonist send a number of silly super hero after Hentai Kamen (Macho Kamen, Cool Kamen...), but then it severely looses steam and it become quite verbose and boring up until the end.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
so, downloaded a batch of HxH episodes (the first 80 in fact) a few weeks back, and this weekend i geeked out and watched all of them
smile.png
though highly predictable and formulaic it was none the less fun to watch and entertaining, i can see why so many here are fans.
just started on the insect arc, but don't feel it yet. the talking upgrading insect thing (cell anyone?) doesnt seem to fit in the world. well, 13 episodes to go until i catch up with the latest ones
smile.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The chimaera ant arc is pretty meh thus far. But I still enjoy the show.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It gets pretty good once they stop dicking around. If you look at chapter 338 page 17 (just a tiny/big? spoiler) the chimaeras make a little bit more sense. I hope Togashi starts back up.
frown.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The ending to OreImo is retarded as fuck and absurdly insulting.
Blame the author, it ended pretty much the same way as it did in the novels. The author said he wasn't able to do the ending he wanted because the publishers wouldn't allow it (aka explicit incest).

Bring on Golden Time from ToraDora creator, that's an author I can get behind.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I could be wrong but I am pretty fuck sure the reason people hate the ending isn't because he didn't fuck his sister. It was a pretty good harem anime with good characters and a shitty side character that wasn't even an option and then 3 episodes before it ended the main char was like "OH WAIT, I WANT TO FUCK YOU." Ugh that bugs me. They legit had no romantic moments and they just toss it in.