Summer 2013 Anime Thread

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
That's the most likely theory. Dunno if I even want to continue watching. Not upset with the show or anything, just weighing whether I would prefer to just leave this a vignette or whether there's anything much compelling for the expanded story. "I'm going to wander around and do things maybe somehow" isn't much of a hook.
I agree there is a very high chance that the story will fall apart from here on in. Which I suppose will be finding her mother performing random burials. That being said the city they showed in the preview did look exotic enough to give the next episode a watch just for the character designs alone.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it seems like he wanted to die like in a tv drama, surrounded by friends and family, only in his mind, he has no friends or family left since they're all dead or long gone. the realization of him having a daughter and then being surrounded by his best friend rifle guy and gavekeeper woman that cleans up after him makes his wish come true and he can truely die. the first eps was like wtf? looked like a weird "magical girl" anime, then you watch 3 eps and it's like a pretty damn good ova, i'd actually would just want the series to end like this lol, didn't expect it, was a nice change.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...or-of-robotech
Leonardo DiCaprio Passes on "Star Wars" in Favor of "Robotech"
Nic Mathieu tapped to direct movie back in January

Not for the first time, Leonardo DiCaprio is in the conversation for a live-action, Hollywood adaptation of anime. He was in talks to produce Ninja Scroll and produce and maybe star in Akira. Now, he might be in line for a Robotech role. Latino Review has been going through Star Wars chatter leading up to Disney's D23 and mention that DiCaprio turned down a role in Star Wars VII in favor of Robotech.

The movie site has reports that Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are up for Star Wars roles

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, some updates on the media player front:

MPC-HC now has the LAV Filters pack built into it so no need to install them separately (it's about time). Note that you can still install LAV separately from it.

xy-VSFilter has finally been updated after forever and now has a new version called XySubFilter which is specifically for use with the MadVR renderer.

Here's a good link to download files at:http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A few more eps of Yamato were released this week (are these OVA's?). Great show considering other then Kyojin, we are lacking a lot of high quality shows this season. Although some are watchable to somewhat-enjoyable they don't approach the quality of these.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
I've basically given up on the summer season exceptKitakubu Katsudou Kirokuwhich i think is fucking amazing. thank [insert deity here] for the spring season.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I've basically given up on the summer season exceptKitakubu Katsudou Kirokuwhich i think is fucking amazing. thank [insert deity here] for the spring season.
rrr_img_39444.jpg

Sorry but this hottie begs to differ.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Sorry but this hottie begs to differ.
Sorry, but this turned out to be a HUUUUGE disappointment for me. I was not expecting a Cluedo anime and a shitty one at that. I hate ALL the characters (except perhaps the bear), the fake violence/violet blood, the "trial" every second episode with the most idiotic arguments/clues/detectives (cross dressing victim anybody?). But hey, everybody likes different things right?

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Sorry, but this turned out to be a HUUUUGE disappointment for me. I was not expecting a Cluedo anime and a shitty one at that. I hate ALL the characters (except perhaps the bear), the fake violence/violet blood, the "trial" every second episode with the most idiotic arguments/clues/detectives (cross dressing victim anybody?). But hey, everybody likes different things right?
Your not supposed to like them, watching the bear kill off the annoying characters is the fun part! The trial and the psudeo detective stuff is just a side show to the awesomeness of the bear.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit, Fate/kaleid linear 6. There's going to be some badass fanart spawned because of it.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And to no one's surprise, Titan is still going strong as a motha fucka. Damn, this is a great anime.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just started Mushibugyo, so far it reminds me of like, Gintama but with ridiculously drawn hair and 900% more action. I dig it.

Szlia

Gin no Saji- Loved this, the Agricultural setting is great.
For those it may concern: the manga the serie is based on is published in french (Silver Spoon: La cuill?re d'argent). I only read the first volume, but the mix of light comedy, original setting and agricultural lesson made for a very pleasant read (so, I'll assume, also a pleasant watch).

Btw, I was intrigued by that Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai movie that is listed and it appears to be retelling from another point of view of an anime of the same name... anyone saw the anime (aka Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day).