Summer 2014 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
Why isn't rwby bought out by a full studio? I love the comedy of the writing and the action scenes.
Food fight!!!
I doubt that'll ever happen. The guys over at Rooster Teeth have mastered the art of comedy in the last 10+ years of their existence. Season 1 of Red vs Blue is still some of the funniest shit I've ever seen.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm betting that big daddy emperor believed Slaine, but realized he had to go along with the knights since his only hope to save his daughter was the Terrans.

edit: serious FF8 music vibes from that Mahouka Koukou episode

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The Irregulars is great as always. SAO is finally picking up. Not sure why Kirito was so out of breath...but hey.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Definitely want to see more badass-ness from Tatsuya. For people that have read the light novels, roughly how much longer until we see what Tatsuya is really capable of?

And as always, Aldnoah continues on being great!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So... What is the music during the middle breaks of Haikyuu? It sounds really familiar, but I can't place it.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely want to see more badass-ness from Tatsuya. For people that have read the light novels, roughly how much longer until we see what Tatsuya is really capable of?

And as always, Aldnoah continues on being great!
Well, he is already capable, he just dont/cant show it (he is like a WMD, as his CO says, and the show/novel does a very good job in portraying that, without having him to go full power at evey moment for whatever silly reason). If you recall the first episode when he blows up the fleet in the flashback, he did that at 10?
Anyway next arc (yokohama), which i supposed is the last for season, will have him basically in full powermode, and it will reveal lot of details of his power/retraints, platoon and family, but it will also spread around on the other characters (also his schoolmates will become more aware of tatsuya capabilities) . From yokohama onward is pretty much always him in full power mode engaged in something more serious than school related stuff (even tho school will always be a central part ofc), and it will deepen the story of yotsuba family (past and current), relations between the 10 master clan, and strategic class wizard.

Anime follow the novels word for word almost, so i really expect a second 24 episode season if not a third (as novel are still going and the story after yokohama is pretty long and intertwined)

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm betting that big daddy emperor believed Slaine, but realized he had to go along with the knights since his only hope to save his daughter was the Terrans.
Interesting that Saazbaum thought it was ironic that Slaine was opposing them. Obviously a lot going on under the surface there.

Also interesting that apparently only the royals can activate the Aldnoah tech - the emperor appears to be bedridden and faking being well with holograms, and Asselyum is presumed dead - doesn't look like the Martian empire has a lot of future. That being the case, letting her go to Earth is possibly the most terrible strategic decision ever made by a planetary government ;p

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well, he is already capable, he just dont/cant show it (he is like a WMD, as his CO says, and the show/novel does a very good job in portraying that, without having him to go full power at evey moment for whatever silly reason). If you recall the first episode when he blows up the fleet in the flashback, he did that at 10?
Anyway next arc (yokohama), which i supposed is the last for season, will have him basically in full powermode, and it will reveal lot of details of his power/retraints, platoon and family, but it will also spread around on the other characters (also his schoolmates will become more aware of tatsuya capabilities) . From yokohama onward is pretty much always him in full power mode engaged in something more serious than school related stuff (even tho school will always be a central part ofc), and it will deepen the story of yotsuba family (past and current), relations between the 10 master clan, and strategic class wizard.

Anime follow the novels word for word almost, so i really expect a second 24 episode season if not a third (as novel are still going and the story after yokohama is pretty long and intertwined)
Well since you read the manga..

The guy that Tatsuya has dance with his sister...Is that the same dude he defeated in the monolith game? Is he setting him up with his sister, or more of a "no hard feelings" gesture? Just wondering if these two team up is all.

Also, did they previously mention that the student body president was the future head of one of the 10 houses previously? I can understand whatever that guys name is wanting to attach him to a house by telling him to marry in, but don't they know who the sister is? Knowing that, they should know what house he's attached to?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well since you read the manga..

The guy that Tatsuya has dance with his sister...Is that the same dude he defeated in the monolith game? Is he setting him up with his sister, or more of a "no hard feelings" gesture? Just wondering if these two team up is all.

Also, did they previously mention that the student body president was the future head of one of the 10 houses previously? I can understand whatever that guys name is wanting to attach him to a house by telling him to marry in, but don't they know who the sister is? Knowing that, they should know what house he's attached to?
Yeah it is the same guy, who has a crush on miyuki. Tatsuya has basically no feeling towards ishijiro, think he was just being well mannered, its more ishijiro that regard tats a a rival (but not in a negative way). Up until ive read tho there is no direct confrontation, between the 2. Next arc both will kick ass in their separate ways tho. This series is cool cause there are lot of of characters, with their own story that progress steadily, its not focused only on the sibling (at least on the novels).

Also no one in the school know that the siblings are Yotsuba. Very few know of it outside, and no one of the regular 10 master clan's leaders. The reason its cause in the past there was some nasty attack on yotsuba heirs (the sibling's aunt), and since then the yotsuba policy its to keep heirs anoymous for protection. The backstory of the Yotsuba is really kick ass, and also explain part of the reason why tatsuya is the way it is.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So HxH... Killua gets lockdown restrictions and can't even hint at Alluka's power to anyone while Illumi goes and details all of the known rules to Hisoka without any repercussions?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I know this is anime thread and all but this game tickled my fancy by its cast.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alluka's powers boggle the shit out of me, maybe I just need to see it all written down somewhere to comprehend. Seems like a very complex power, especially with Killua saying all how he knows certain aspects of it that others don't.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah have been my favorites so far. Tokyo ESP and Tokyo Ghoul have been pretty disappointing.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm, quite dislike tokyo esper as well, but tokyo ghoul i found it quite good. Sure it doesnt follow the manga step by step, but i think its better that way (manga is very slow in the character progression, anime seem a bit faster). I just wish it had no censorship.

Terror/aldnoah are certainly two of my favourite of the summer season, togheter with akame ga kill.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So HxH... Killua gets lockdown restrictions and can't even hint at Alluka's power to anyone while Illumi goes and details all of the known rules to Hisoka without any repercussions?
Their dad figures killua is more likely to do something stupid. Illumi had known for years and hadn't done anything to threaten the family so why would he be on lockdown?

The viewer knows Hisoka is a complete fucking lunatic, it's not certain Illumi does.

Also, in old news - I was impressed at the way the ant arc ended. Everyone came out of that war a little more dirty and morally compromised, which wasn't an expected result for something that was so clearly set up as good vs evil.