Summer 2014 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not watching HxH is somewhat criminal since its better than the other 4. I would say Irregular is only one with enough tech depth to be along side HxH.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck, Inaho gets more awesome every episode of Aldnoah. I can't stand Slaine.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If I hear one more 'Touka-CHAAAAAN' in Tokyo Ghoul I got to punch someone in the face. Fuck that stupid maincharacter and his annoying voice actor.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If I hear one more 'Touka-CHAAAAAN' in Tokyo Ghoul I got to punch someone in the face. Fuck that stupid maincharacter and his annoying voice actor.
Yeah i really hate when they make a useless main character who has 0 depth. Then again i hate all stupid unbelievable situations. You'd think he'd be curious how to control those crazy ass powers he has after hearing the doves are in town and shit, but hes just going to school, being hunted by gourmets, and serving coffee...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I just watched up to episode 7 of Tokyo Ghoul. I really dislike the main character at the moment, think I'll just pass on that show until (if ever) he becomes interesting. The pacing seems off as well, that couple of episodes dealing with The Gourmet character just didn't fit, though it set up things with Touka.

I am liking HxH, but I will never watch that show from episode 1 onwards, just too slow. =)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is up with Pyscho-pass extended taken off hulu and the regular only has 4 episodes now?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not watching HxH is somewhat criminal since its better than the other 4. I would say Irregular is only one with enough tech depth to be along side HxH.
About hxh, i heard its a long series and i got back into anime/manga recently. I cant comment on story/depth of it, except that the chars/art, from the little ive seen, are not my taste (remind me too much of early db with main chars resemble a kid etc); i heard from many tho that the story is worth reading/watching so ive been tempted to start digging into it, just havent had the time yet, but i prolly will soon.

As story developing, char progression and backgroun, tokyo/akame are imho on par with mahouka (opinion formed from reading the manga for both). Cant comment on aldnoah/zankyou cause they just have 7 anime's episodes, so its too early, but so far, always in my opinion, anime wise they are all on par.

Yeah the main char of tokyo ghoul really start as being rly pathetic/crybaby annoying. I kinda hate that sort of characters too, but he is going to do almost a 180 degree change during the aogiri arc, which supposely shud be the next (hopefully). That is why ive said before i really hope they conclude with that arc (in the manga, the arc is pretty deep on the story, anime is being faster), otherwise there was really no reason to make an animated version of this story.

What id really really really love is an animated version of the breaker/ tower of god and feng shen ji... even tho i doubt it will ever happen.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
About hxh, i heard its a long series and i got back into anime/manga recently. I cant comment on story/depth of it, except that the chars/art, from the little ive seen, are not my taste (remind me too much of early db with main chars resemble a kid etc); i heard from many tho that the story is worth reading/watching so ive been tempted to start digging into it, just havent had the time yet, but i prolly will soon.

As story developing, char progression and backgroun, tokyo/akame are imho on par with mahouka (opinion formed from reading the manga for both). Cant comment on aldnoah/zankyou cause they just have 7 anime's episodes, so its too early, but so far, always in my opinion, anime wise they are all on par.

Yeah the main char of tokyo ghoul really start as being rly pathetic/crybaby annoying. I kinda hate that sort of characters too, but he is going to do almost a 180 degree change during the aogiri arc, which supposely shud be the next (hopefully). That is why ive said before i really hope they conclude with that arc (in the manga, the arc is pretty deep on the story, anime is being faster), otherwise there was really no reason to make an animated version of this story.

What id really really really love is an animated version of the breaker/ tower of god and feng shen ji... even tho i doubt it will ever happen.
HxH is at it's roots a typical anime growth story, but while it follows alot of the standard tropes it really shines with its characterizations. You have very few annoying characters and all the main characters and antagonists are well fleshed out. Hisoka (one of the major antagonists) is probably one of the best I've seen done across all media. Also when they bring in new characters, even ones that may eventually be killed off, they are all generally well developed with unique abilities and motivations.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Unfortunately the thing with HxH is that after the current arc there really isn't much left for Manga content, everything will just kind of end abruptly. There are only 7 total episodes left in the anime. It has been almost 2 years now without any new content from the manga, unless Madhouse continues the story on their own, HxH for me will go from a show with infinite potential to a "could have been" show.

Aldnoah.Zero still holds the most potential for me out of the new shows, it is an original script with no manga content.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Unfortunately the thing with HxH is that after the current arc there really isn't much left for Manga content, everything will just kind of end abruptly. There are only 7 total episodes left in the anime. It has been almost 2 years now without any new content from the manga, unless Madhouse continues the story on their own, HxH for me will go from a show with infinite potential to a "could have been" show.

Aldnoah.Zero still holds the most potential for me out of the new shows, it is an original script with no manga content.
I've gotten more entertainment out of HxH than any anime to date. I wouldn't say it's a "could have been" show. It delivered.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't watch HxH. I tend to avoid any type of lengthy series because they either go to hell after an arc or two, or it stops publishing after a while. I've also lost interest in most fighting/power-up types of shows too (even the short ones).

Watch what you feel like watching, we all have different tastes. We're a small crew of people, so there's bound to be differences in our interests. Don't feel guilty about it. I watch a wide variety of stuff, but there's always a particular show everyone is into each season, that I don't check out.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm excited for the second season of Mushishi Zoku Shou, and Log Horizon 2 this fall. Fall line up should be pretty good.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So HxH is setting up this whole story about the chairman election and then it just ends all of a sudden?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So HxH is setting up this whole story about the chairman election and then it just ends all of a sudden?
The manga stopped at chapter 340 while the author took a sabbatical for a couple of years, since then the anime has already reached 329. It resumed this summer but is only at 349 and practically all of those have been dialogue and setup for the next arc.

Expect the anime to be on hiatus for a year or more.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
SAO has been getting worse since the 7th EP or something, it's impossible to watch now. Aldnoah Zero is quite entertaining this season though.