Summer 2015 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Probably GATE imo, though the second half of it won't air till January. Overlord is pretty good to.
Agree wholeheartly too imho, more so cause i didnt expect much from it when i saw the summer schedule. I just didnt think the modern army in a fantasy setting would work and thought it was something similar to outbreak company (which i didnt like that much). Glad i was wrong, the story of gate is really interesting, the various characters are well made and very likable, animations and settings are good as well. They also manage to blend comedy and tragedy in a very good way, dunno, this show is really the one that impressed me the most this summer.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This Season I watched Monster Musume, Overlord, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, God Eater, Gangsta, World Trigger, Rokka no Yuusha, Shimoneta, Charlotte, Gate, Prison School, Classroom Crisis, Shokugeki no Souma, To Love-ru Darkness, it's just been an embarrassment of riches.

Gate, Overlord, Souma being the ones I looked forward the most to every week, although Akagami was a refreshing change.

I am looking forward to Haikyuu!! next season though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you guys liked Gate, i think you'd appreciate that this manga illustration was cute, rather than just a bunch of words.
hgate004_127.jpg

btw, anime version is heavily censored, Gate is Berserk kinds of R++

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The 3 Chysa mentioned are my favorite 3 as well, although I look forward to them in different orders.

Gate, Shokugeki no Souma, Overlord. I'd put Arslan as my #4 though. I really like that show.

Gate's an awesome series, as is Souma. Overlord is very OP I can't be beaten, which is fun, but (like what they said in the first episode of One Punch Man) it'll get boring quickly. Hasn't happened yet, but if the series kept going on for a while it would, I bet.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Finished Gate, decided to rewatch Attack on Titan and learned something obvious but nonetheless unrecognized about my anime habits. Even though I don't know Japanese, I tend to multitask to an extent when watching anime. I'm not saying to play games or read the news or anything, but I tend to browse RR or sometimes the wiki to whatever I'm watching while I watch.

Obviously I miss some stuff when I do that - hell, I miss some stuff when i'm watching shit in english without 100% investment - but I've always felt like I'm privy to the bulk of the development of whatever series I'm watching.

Wrong. My semi-watch of Attack on Titan left me wondering wtf everybody was so impressed about. 100% investment - i.e., actually watching the anime without simultaneous web-browsing - has a 500% yield. It's so, so, so much better.

Anyway, what I'm getting it is that I watched Gate as I watched Attack on Titan the first time, and I liked but didn't love it. Now I know I need to rewatch it before season 2. ANd yes, I'm aware that it's stupid to multitask when watching subtitled media, but I thought it was working well enough. How very wrong I was.

edit: are the rest of the shows you guys have been recommending pretty much over (for the season) as well? If so, time for some binging!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished Gate, decided to rewatch Attack on Titan and learned something obvious but nonetheless unrecognized about my anime habits. Even though I don't know Japanese, I tend to multitask to an extent when watching anime. I'm not saying to play games or read the news or anything, but I tend to browse RR or sometimes the wiki to whatever I'm watching while I watch.

Obviously I miss some stuff when I do that - hell, I miss some stuff when i'm watching shit in english without 100% investment - but I've always felt like I'm privy to the bulk of the development of whatever series I'm watching.

Wrong. My semi-watch of Attack on Titan left me wondering wtf everybody was so impressed about. 100% investment - i.e., actually watching the anime without simultaneous web-browsing - has a 500% yield. It's so, so, so much better.

Anyway, what I'm getting it is that I watched Gate as I watched Attack on Titan the first time, and I liked but didn't love it. Now I know I need to rewatch it before season 2. ANd yes, I'm aware that it's stupid to multitask when watching subtitled media, but I thought it was working well enough. How very wrong I was.

edit: are the rest of the shows you guys have been recommending pretty much over (for the season) as well? If so, time for some binging!
The Summer season is wrapping up most of its shows this week. Autumn and a new batch of shows will be next week.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gate was my pre-season pick as a standout, Overlord and Gangsta ended up being pleasantly better than anticipated. The second half of Shokugeki has been pretty sub par for me, the current arc is dragging on a bit and I found myself skimming through the episodes. God Eater didn't live up to my expectations, but I still watch it. Charlotte ended up being a good mid-tier watch for me, and I think with this season I broke the 500+ completed series mark. So that's kinda depressing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the Summer season ending, the top 3 shows (in no order):

Gate
Gangsta
Prison School

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
God Eater episode 8 is finally out. I'm not sure why it took so long for it to come out.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
God Eater 8 has been up since Sunday on Horriblesubs. It's kinda meh but I enjoy the music.

Shokugeki ending makes me sad and hope they have another season soon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Overlord has been the biggest surprise for me this season. I thought it was gonna be just another "Stuck in an MMO HOW DID THIS HAPPEN" anime. But it's the best of the bunch so far. They took an entirely different route with it. The real people stuck in an MMO world takes a big back seat to the rest of the story. It's there but it's done really well, especially since he's the only one we know of that happening to so far.