Summer 2015 Anime Thread

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Overlord was a cock tease episode. It seems like next week will be good stuff, though.
A part of me feels like next week isn't going to have anything too major happen and will be more cock teasing to set up episode 13 for the season end.

I'm also gonna guess that the season ends with the reveal of the player that did whatever they did to Shalltear to set up the next season. I don't think Ains and Shalltear will have a big fight or that Ains will kill her (unless her and Sebas are doing their own thing and not actually following orders from him like Sebas keeps saying they are).

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Super magic that was won through the spending of real money, mind you. Giving the unseen glimpse into the Asian gaming mindset.
Honestly I laughed. They really do understand the average asian mmo that isn't FFXI/FFXIV, haw. The pawn creation stuff is pretty out there, though, as far as I know.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Super magic that was won through the spending of real money, mind you. Giving the unseen glimpse into the Asian gaming mindset.
Not just spending real money. Spending real money on the /random chance to win the item/

It's the RL equivalent of cases in counterstrike.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Catching up on Gate, just watched the battle at the Hot Springs episode--hah, man I hope the author of the magna didn't pull a muscle jerking Japan's military off. That was almost as bad as Michael Bay for the U.S. (Almost...) Honestly, the Anime has been great so far, a little idealistic in terms of how the soldiers act, but really good, I love how they emphasize the reactions of a medieval society seeing modern tech. But the whole modern political message is pretty obtuse...Its nearly the opposite of the actual relationship we have with Japan in terms of antagonism. (Hell, we have been their biggest cheer leader in their arms build up since we realized in Korea we fucked up by making them a protectorate rather than a powerful regional ally.)

Just hope it drops the whole antagonistic story line, and gets back to the emphasis on medieval world clashing and mixing with modern values and technology.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Shokugeki no Soma won't be airing this week. ep 24 will show up next week.

If anyone watched Kekkai Sensen from last season, supposedly its last episode will finally air on October 3rd.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gate's 2nd cour is skipping Fall and will continue in Winter, makes me somewhat sad.

Catching up on Gate, just watched the battle at the Hot Springs episode--hah, man I hope the author of the magna didn't pull a muscle jerking Japan's military off. That was almost as bad as Michael Bay for the U.S. (Almost...) Honestly, the Anime has been great so far, a little idealistic in terms of how the soldiers act, but really good, I love how they emphasize the reactions of a medieval society seeing modern tech. But the whole modern political message is pretty obtuse...Its nearly the opposite of the actual relationship we have with Japan in terms of antagonism. (Hell, we have been their biggest cheer leader in their arms build up since we realized in Korea we fucked up by making them a protectorate rather than a powerful regional ally.)

Just hope it drops the whole antagonistic story line, and gets back to the emphasis on medieval world clashing and mixing with modern values and technology.
The Japanese nationalism was actually toned down in the anime.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked the latest episode of GATE. This is a good story. Plus, I've always wondered just how much of a crushing victory modern warfare would have over that of the olden days.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I liked the latest episode of GATE. This is a good story. Plus, I've always wondered just how much of a crushing victory modern warfare would have over that of the olden days.
I've kinda been wondering if Rory is unkillable enough to take down a modern army, and if there's others of her power level in the world. I also wonder when she is finally going to manage to force herself on Itami.

And I laughed my ass off when the Princess received her "art." Why must I wait for more of the show!

I've kinda been wondering if Rory is unkillable enough to take down a modern army, and if there's others of her power level in the world. I also wonder when she is finally going to manage to force herself on Itami.

And I laughed my ass off when the Princess received her "art." Why must I wait for more of the show!
LN/manga spoilers if you want answers to your questions. Don't click if you don't.

can Rory defeat a modern army? By herself no. She could inflict large amounts of casualties but as shown by her taking bullet wounds in the hot springs episode she can take damage. While she is pretty much invincible against a medieval army because they can't do enough damage fast enough, a modern military can beat her with tanks, jets, etc by doing damage faster then her body can recover. She won't die because she can't until her thousand years are up but they can render her ineffective by dealing continuous damage.

However she isn't the only demigod so the jdsf is leery about picking a fight with any of them because if they banded together things could get ugly.

Does Rory ever catch itami? Nope.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I knew the bitch was crazy, but I didn't know she was /that/ crazy. I almost made her my wallpaper too, but I settled on a Shigatsu wa Kimi No Uso one instead!

Now who is the new 7th? Logically you'd say Goldov, but what you've seen from his conversations with Nashetania, he seems genuine.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I knew the bitch was crazy, but I didn't know she was /that/ crazy. I almost made her my wallpaper too, but I settled on a Shigatsu wa Kimi No Uso one instead!

Now who is the new 7th? Logically you'd say Goldov, but what you've seen from his conversations with Nashetania, he seems genuine.
Can tell you if you want, but it would ruin the surprise if they going with few more seasons. Truth to be told, while i immensily enjoyed the lns, i think they lost way too much time on the part where adlet was blamed... they could have resolved it pretty much in 2 episodes... maybe ius the type of story that translate bad from book to tv.

There are 5 books out atm iirc, and they did 12 episodes for the first one if im not mistaken. So potentially there is enough material for more seasons.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Are there any new shows today? Specially, Aslin, Gangsta or God Eater? I haven't seen anything appear on nyaa yet.