Summer 2018 Anime

Fadaar

That guy

Digi covered it pretty well. Dude is a self admitted weirdo but he's got this one covered quite well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I downloaded the first 7 episodes of High Score Girl on nyaa yesterday. I'll start watching tonight and tell you if it's any good. That's the one that references arcade games from the 80's and 90's.

EDIT: Ok, I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. First episode was very entertaining. The animation is shit horrible, but the story is fun. And I love the games. Episode 1 is all about dominating on Street Fighter II.
booman :: Nyaa
I downloaded from this guy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy christ that episode of Overlord. I didnt think he would be that brutal towards the end. Ains is definately heading towards not being human anymore in his thinking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The way the episode showed the "big sister" Arche with Shalltear was unfulfilling. So I found online how the actual light novel wrote that sequence. It's quite a bit more detailed.

“…Mm, the smell of sweat…”

Not being able to keep one’s body clean was part and parcel of the worker’s life for Arche. This was true for all workers, adventurers, travellers, and anyone who spent time moving around outside. Even if they got dirty, the appropriate response would be “So what?”

However, she still felt deeply ashamed at being told this by a girl who was younger and more beautiful than her.

The girl’s face left Arche’s neck. A feeling of revulsion swept up over Arche as she looked into those crimson eyes. Within those eyes burned a lust for the female body, stained with the same carnal desire that men possessed for women.

“When we reach home, shall we shower first of all?”

“――!”

Arche wanted to respond, but instead all she felt was surprise – surprise at the fact that her body had been immobilized. It was as though those crimson pupils had stolen away her soul. And at last, Arche realised the true identity of the girl.

Not a human――but a vampire.

“After that…” the girl started, before drawing her face towards Arche’s, and slipping her tongue past her lips to lightly lick at Arche’s cheeks. “…Salty.”

The girl laughed in satisfaction, and Arche’s heart creaked with despair.

The girl simply laughed harder.

Her lips split apart to her ears. The red of her irises spread to engulf their respective eyeballs.

With a cracking sound, she opened her mouth. What had once been neat, pearly white teeth were now things that made people think of medical syringes, in multiple rows like those of a shark. That pink and obscene oral opening shone with a slimy light, and transparent drool spilled from its corners.

A terror from the depths of Arche’s heart, rose to envelop her completely.

“AHAHAHAHAHA. THAAAAT’S RIIIIGGGGHTTT. I’M GOING TO MEEEESSSS UP YOUR HEEEAD WITH SOOOO MUCH PLEASURE YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO THIIIIINK STRAIIIIGHT. JUST HOOOOOOW LONG WILL IT TAKKKKE UNTIL YOU BEGGGG FOR IT YOUUUURSELLLFFFF, I WONDERRRRR!”

Arche’s mind lost hold on consciousness in the face of the laughing monster that reeked of blood.

The last thing that went through her mind was the faces of her two sisters waiting for her.

“HMMMMMM? FAINTED ALLLLREAAAADYYYYY? WELLLLLLLL THEEEEEN, WHEN YOU WAKE UP WE’LLL HAVEEE SOMEEE
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

*imouto*

………………………

*imouto*

“Now then, how is that woman? I did promise to hurt her as little as possible after all.”

“That woman… You mean Arche-chan, yes? Right now I’m in the middle of giving her a tail.”

“Tail…? Did you turn her into a lycanthrope or the like?”

Did there exist some method to turn people into the beastmen, lycanthropes? Wondering this, Ainz had asked Shalltear about it.

“No, ana-…”

“Enough.”

Ainz immediately cut off Shalltear’s reply.

“However, Ainz-sama. Please allow me to ask this much.”

“What is it?”

Although Ainz was getting a terribly bad feeling about this, it would not do to refuse her. Listening to one’s subordinates was the duty of a good ruler.

“You ordered us to hurt her as little as possible. However, …just taking her virginity would be fine, yes?”

“――PERORONCINOOO!”

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, last two episodes of Overlord have been great. I guess I am being impatient in wanting to see more interactions with the really strong characters that exist in the wider world, we've gotten some little hints about them, but that is all.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It looks like they've skipped over about 4 or 5 arcs according to the wiki. But yeah, that episode was insane.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I downloaded the first 7 episodes of High Score Girl on nyaa yesterday. I'll start watching tonight and tell you if it's any good. That's the one that references arcade games from the 80's and 90's.

EDIT: Ok, I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. First episode was very entertaining. The animation is shit horrible, but the story is fun. And I love the games. Episode 1 is all about dominating on Street Fighter II.
booman :: Nyaa
I downloaded from this guy.
So the 2nd episode was all about the Japanese version of the Turbo Graphics 16. It also involved some old style "table" type video games. Where the screen points straight up into the air. The game they focused on for that was Final Fight. I dug it. This show rules.
3rd episode takes place in an amusement park, playing the parks arcade games. It isn't very game centric. Just continues the story, plus shows the growing connection between the two MC's.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
So the 2nd episode was all about the Japanese version of the Turbo Graphics 16. It also involved some old style "table" type video games. Where the screen points straight up into the air. The game they focused on for that was Final Fight. I dug it. This show rules.
3rd episode takes place in an amusement park, playing the parks arcade games. It isn't very game centric. Just continues the story, plus shows the growing connection between the two MC's.
I've only had time to watch the 1st episode but I liked it even with the all CGI animation. I guess it makes it less jarring to swap between game footage and CGI so that's nice. I really love the manga so I was a bit irritated that no official fansub group picked it up and instead you have to rely on 4chan posters to translate it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This passage "might" be from the next season of SAO. But it could also be from the season after that. Depends how many episodes we get. I just read it, and it was a pretty cool moment, so I typed it out here.

Eugeo felt his ears ringing in the sudden and complete silence that fell over the room. He glanced to his right. Kirito was paused in a low crouch, his right arm extended as far as it could go.
The light that covered the black sword's surface vanished, and the tail of his coat flapped once more before it hung still. Right before Eugo's unbelieving eyes, Kirito's appearance went hazy and changed back to the way it had been before.
Kirito still didn't move after he was back in his simple black shirt and pants. Eventually, he let his right arm drop until the tip of the black sword landed on the carpet, and he hung his head.

I liked that brief description. PS - SSJ4!

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I was told to check out Asobi Asobase, as the summary of the show is sort of misleading. Don't let the girly opening credits fool you, the show is pretty goddamn funny and the ending credits are a complete 180 from the opening. If you liked Hinamatsuri you'd probably like this.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So I was told to check out Asobi Asobase, as the summary of the show is sort of misleading. Don't let the girly opening credits fool you, the show is pretty goddamn funny and the ending credits are a complete 180 from the opening. If you liked Hinamatsuri you'd probably like this.

Yeah, I recommended it earlier in the thread to someone mentioning Hinamatsuri.

The ED is one of the best this season and the show is funny as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
There is one thing I love in both shows : reaction faces.
Some of them are priceless.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I will start this then!

I've been enjoying the Demon Lord of Fan Service!

Seriously do that. I'm caught up now and it's fucking hilarious, near Konosuba levels of hilarity. The style of humor is similar to Hinamatsuri, with lots of great reaction faces. Each episode is in 3-4 parts that are pretty much self contained skits.

• 1Like