Summer 2022 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like Tower of God is getting a Season 2 in 2023. My expectations on the studio/CR doing justice to the stories in those arcs is very low.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looks like Tower of God is getting a Season 2 in 2023. My expectations on the studio/CR doing justice to the stories in those arcs is very low.
s2 of tog was my fav season, actually like new team bamm (team sweat n sour) more than the og crew

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lol holy shit. The episode this week of Tensei Kenja no isekai has to be one of the most extreme examples of "Oh shit we're behind schedule" animations I've ever seen in an anime. The guy fucking drawing his sword for 20 seconds, like 30 different scenes of still, screwed up faces zoomed in super close for 5-10 secs each. It's so bad I'm laughing at it. How could they feel good putting that shit out?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Meanwhile in Isekai Harem, tiddy animation got unlimited budget.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Been getting into 80s and 90s anime kinda lately and just thought I would share this here. This series is pretty awesome.

Dream Hunter Rem

EDIT ADD: This is NOT for average consumption. Holy shit. Just saw the first 2 episodes (which are on youtube) and holy cripes. Ultraviolence, Blood, gore, crazy stories. It's quite something to behold.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
been binging shit i didn't have time last season, and if you have not watched summertime render, go watch it right now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's DanMachi was A+. I so enjoy the story for the simplicity of it all. Bell is such a good OP character that was weak as shit in the beginning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if the first season was all that good, but it was definitely memorable for blindsiding you with a garbage truck of feels running your ass over all in 1 episode. This time around, I'm braced, the fuck you got.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I knew I shouldn't have raised my expected quality for a DBZ movie after enjoying the Broly movie, but this new movie is a pretty stark contrast follow up. It's not big dumb fun, it's big dumb and unpleasant. It had me thinking the writer was taking the piss out of the expectations ("MORE BIGGER. MORE TRANSFORM. SPLOSIONS"), but it was genuine enough to convince me it was just that dumb. The comedy was mostly recycled gags too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I knew I shouldn't have raised my expected quality for a DBZ movie after enjoying the Broly movie, but this new movie is a pretty stark contrast follow up. It's not big dumb fun, it's big dumb and unpleasant. It had me thinking the writer was taking the piss out of the expectations ("MORE BIGGER. MORE TRANSFORM. SPLOSIONS"), but it was genuine enough to convince me it was just that dumb. The comedy was mostly recycled gags too.
This is disappointing but from what I heard of the premise I never had particularly high hopes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, has anything about Gohan lived up to expectations? =/

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lycoris recoil is good. Animation is S tier and the story is engaging tbh.

Also Chisato is wagyu grade best girl. Her voice actor is fucking amazing.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Very few things to watch this season.
"I can't belive is not hentai" is so wierd this gets air time.