Summer 2023 Anime Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So the first episode of Kenshin is slightly different from the original one, but I never read the Manga. Is this reboot more or less faithful than the original one if anyone knows?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Reign of the seven spellblades feels like another harry potter rip-off. Not quite as explicit, though there is a hogwarts and magical wands, the main characters still seem to be sword fighters or what not. Is that gonna become a thing? Mashle was pretty damn lol, but this one just feels okay so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reign of the seven spellblades feels like another harry potter rip-off. Not quite as explicit, though there is a hogwarts and magical wands, the main characters still seem to be sword fighters or what not. Is that gonna become a thing? Mashle was pretty damn lol, but this one just feels okay so far.

Mashle is just pure comedy, Seven Spellblades is heavily inspired by Hogwarts and the Harry Potter world, but its darker and also does its own things and has its own story.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Mashle is just pure comedy, Seven Spellblades is heavily inspired by Hogwarts and the Harry Potter world, but its darker and also does its own things and has its own story.
I liked it when it was pure comedy. Reign of the seven spellblades gets rejected. Waiting for boozecube to watch reborn as a sword.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I watched vending machine out of horrified curiosity. It's... not bad actually. +1 bonus points for the 'fight' with EQ frogloks and how completely pointless it was.

Rurounin Kenshin e1 did nothing for me. Blah blah my ancient sword skill is all powerful, lets have people stop midfight to gush about how amazing the MC is.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I watched vending machine out of horrified curiosity. It's... not bad actually. +1 bonus points for the 'fight' with EQ frogloks and how completely pointless it was.

Rurounin Kenshin e1 did nothing for me. Blah blah my ancient sword skill is all powerful, lets have people stop midfight to gush about how amazing the MC is.

I mean it''s episode 1, need to set shit up.

Art and animation is really good, and that's enough for me considering i loved the original.

JJK ep 1 was good, different art direction but i liked it, very reminiscent of chainsaw man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering Toji was in ep1, I imagine shit will hit the fan from ep2 onwards.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yeah its ep1. It just has to establish who Kenshin actually is. The feared swordsman manslayer of the revolution who killed countless people.

It comes out later from other characters but the reason for this is that only the highest level leadership of the revolution knew anything about him and he disappeared into obscurity the moment the war.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh good, a whole 'nother series where they have to mention how strong Kenshin is in every fucking episode.

Can't wait.

• 1Worf

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
So the first episode of Kenshin is slightly different from the original one, but I never read the Manga. Is this reboot more or less faithful than the original one if anyone knows?
This first episode was 100% faithful to the manga. I went back and re-read the first volume and they were nearly scene-for-scene, line-for-line identical. The only change was the longer intro introducing Saito up front and pulling back on the more excessive 'comedy' panels.

Pretty excited.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I didn't realize sugar apple fairy tales was back already

Fuck

yes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Oh shit bleach started again too? This season will have too much shit to watch.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I saw Bleach pop up as well. I quit Bleach at the appropriate time when SSJ4 Turbo Ultra Ichigo 1 shot Azien. I tried to watch a few episodes after but it seemed pretty stupid, either way I hear this 1000 year war shit is actually good. Can I pick up at the start of it and know whats going on or do I need to watch 300 episodes of nonsense before? Tempted to check it out because Bleach was actually pretty damn entertaining for a while but it did seem to go off the rails.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
SubsPlease still the go to for getting anime or is there a better way now days?

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So I saw something that caught my eye. it's less than 4 mins long:

Yami Shibai - Japanese Ghost Stories

Supposed to be scary I think but I laughed a couple times.

Apparently this is it's 11th season? Gonna binge it from the beginning. Pretty decent:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I saw Bleach pop up as well. I quit Bleach at the appropriate time when SSJ4 Turbo Ultra Ichigo 1 shot Azien. I tried to watch a few episodes after but it seemed pretty stupid, either way I hear this 1000 year war shit is actually good. Can I pick up at the start of it and know whats going on or do I need to watch 300 episodes of nonsense before? Tempted to check it out because Bleach was actually pretty damn entertaining for a while but it did seem to go off the rails.
never finished bleach back in the day and picked this up and it's been fucking amazing.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want Chainsaw Man to come back for season 2. And One Punch Man to come back for season 3. That would be nice. Oh yeah, Goblin Slayer season 2 would rule as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ep 1 of Pervert Tensei is good. Really good. How Rudy Got His Groove Back.

• 3Like