Summoner's War - Sky Arena

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This guy did a big advanced rune breakdown. It's a little bit confusing at first, but it's great info and notthatconfusing.

http://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-f...u-need-to-know

One of the biggest takeaways for me is that 4* runes are kind of shitty upgrades to 3* and not really worth it if you're replacing the same % stat.
Hrm some interesting food for thought there - thanks. The latter info about higher levels using runes we don't makes sense, esp some (I thought) weird rune choices the #1 arena player has, such as having single runes with no set bonuses. But when dealing with such godly runes, some set bonuses themselves pale in comparison.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is this event wind inugami sd worth doing? The mon itself doesn't seem that great and I imagine you probably get more skill fodder just from doing Faimon?

OneofOne

It's not, it's really just skill food for the Fire and Light Inugami. IMO not worth the effort. Assuming you can run it well and get 3 pieces each run, you'll still have to run it 14x, meaning 70 energy. I'd rather spend that in Hard Faimon 1. I might think differently if I had a Light Inugami, but I don't /shrug

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this event wind inugami sd worth doing? The mon itself doesn't seem that great and I imagine you probably get more skill fodder just from doing Faimon?
Faimon 1 or Hell difficulty of the last stage of the first dungeon. Water Inu's and Energy Runes(up to 5*), which never go out of style.

Also fuck them for making Light Dungeon day on Sunday. FOOTBALL DAY! Motherfuckers, I need Inu, Bearman, and Fairy today. Have a couple hundred energy saved up and everything.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Patch hits tomorrow. Sounds like new monsters + additional fusion choices. Really was hoping for guild stuff, but more monsters is always + gooder

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
The fusion choices might be good, any idea what they are?

The light dungeons on sunday sucks big time. I'm just busy with the family on Sundays. I get to play, but I don't have time to monitor chat and beg for SDs. That said, I found a inu SD (maybe Gurgeh's?) with like 4 minutes left. Then a friend happened to have light bearman open up, and I got to 37/40 before my phone battery died. Killer.

So - I am unable to play this game on WiFi now. On my phone I have to turn off wifi. I can't play it on the tablet any more. It really sucks. When on WiFi, it does Checking for Updates, then Unable to Connect to Network. No idea what's up, it worked fine 2 days ago.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
No details until tomorrow / tonight unfortunately other than all the datamined new monsters portraits;
rrr_img_77046.jpg
rrr_img_77047.jpg

OneofOne

Got into a Light Fairy SD last night literally right before bed, but I fell asleep after cashing in some stored energy and this fresh dungeon in front of me. Kids man, they wear you the fuck out haha

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was playing super late last night and made about 30 new friends when I opened the Light Bearman SD. Except apparently it "fills up" somehow and people couldn't get in, so I only got 12 free pieces. Ran it myself and got up to 32, but now I have to compete with all the others spamming they need it. Hopefully some of my new friends (or you guys) opens one up today and I notice it. Of course, not sure that I'll use it anytime soon, but sitting at 32/40 I feel like I have to finish now!

My light fairy is up to 5* level 23 now, but severely lacking in the Despair runes that guide says she needs. Once I get decent runes I'll share her instead of my Water Warbear because it seems everyone has one of those anyway. As Grimm said, so many things to do all the time! Oh, and I had fairies falling out of my ass last week, but now that I need to skill one up, I can't even get one.

OneofOne

I'm fairly sure no one from here is actually running the Light dungeon today, or they are having as much luck popping ANY SD as I am. Really hate begging in channels, but it's what I'm reduced to heh

Thengel

I was playing super late last night and made about 30 new friends when I opened the Light Bearman SD. Except apparently it "fills up" somehow and people couldn't get in, so I only got 12 free pieces. Ran it myself and got up to 32, but now I have to compete with all the others spamming they need it. Hopefully some of my new friends (or you guys) opens one up today and I notice it. Of course, not sure that I'll use it anytime soon, but sitting at 32/40 I feel like I have to finish now!

My light fairy is up to 5* level 23 now, but severely lacking in the Despair runes that guide says she needs. Once I get decent runes I'll share her instead of my Water Warbear because it seems everyone has one of those anyway. As Grimm said, so many things to do all the time! Oh, and I had fairies falling out of my ass last week, but now that I need to skill one up, I can't even get one.
Yeah you should get a max of 10 free pieces. After 10 people, the dungeon is full, and no one else can enter. Kinda sucks on popular dungeons like these!

I'm not sure why you would put despair on light fairy? Seems like energy, fatal, or swift would all work better. She has no AE, which is where I've seen despair usually used effectively.

To skill her up, wait for wind day, and run the wind fairy SD. Since wind fairy is only 2* it's 3 energy to run and only takes 20 pieces to complete. Super easy.

Vinlorin

Trakanon Raider
I had around 600 energy saved up from events i've been slowly using and have spent 200 or so today trying for the light SD's with no luck.

I'm also at 749 crystals with a rival match about to pop so we'll see what happens but i'm not expecting much.Think this will be my 4th package now with not much to show for it but evolve fodder.

I started these games with P&D and then Brave Frontier and still like this more.I haven't touched P&D in months and barely play BF these days since i started this game.Seems like i never run out of things to do.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my Light Inugami before football games. Just lucked in to a Light Fairy dungeon invite from channel 133. Trying to grind that out now in one go.

Been running Light B2 in between, but not using refills to chain it. Only SD I've opened so far was Hellhound.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure why you would put despair on light fairy? Seems like energy, fatal, or swift would all work better. She has no AE, which is where I've seen despair usually used effectively.
With the 25% bonus and max skill, she has an 85% chance to stun one target with her normal attack. In that guide Grimm linked for beating all the B10s, every single team included the Light Fairy with Despair runes to help CC the mobs on the way up to the boss. I won't be seeing any B10s anytime soon, but perhaps some of you will and it might prove useful. And she's actually a pretty great addition to my team, so I don't mind leveling her up since I have nothing better to really offer in terms of sharing, other than the ubiquitous Water Warbear and Fire Inugami.

To skill her up, wait for wind day, and run the wind fairy SD. Since wind fairy is only 2* it's 3 energy to run and only takes 20 pieces to complete. Super easy.
Awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll be on the lookout for that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone who does get in a Light Fairy dungeon, after beating the whole thing once for the gems don't bother finishing unless your team is beefy as fuck. Last wave takes way too long with all the immunes and heals, just bail and take the 9 wave completion reward so you can start back up.

Thengel

With the 25% bonus and max skill, she has an 85% chance to stun one target with her normal attack. In that guide Grimm linked for beating all the B10s, every single team included the Light Fairy with Despair runes to help CC the mobs on the way up to the boss. I won't be seeing any B10s anytime soon, but perhaps some of you will and it might prove useful. And she's actually a pretty great addition to my team, so I don't mind leveling her up since I have nothing better to really offer in terms of sharing, other than the ubiquitous Water Warbear and Fire Inugami.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll be on the lookout for that.
I wonder how it actually adds up. On Reddit people seem to say that it's not additive, it's multiplied to the base. So light fairy would be 20% base, and +40% bonus means 20% + (20% * 40%) for a total of 28% chance to stun. I use a water fairy for my giant team, and I really think it's more than that. I would definitely suspect that the despair runes don't simply add on top though. I imagine there would be a chance for the fairy's base stun chance and the rune chance to overlap. Really though, who knows. Maybe when I'm bored I'll track 1000 strikes with my water fairy with despair runes.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I lost track trying to count, and I'm not sure how exactly the 15% base chance to resist factors in (I'd have to imagine B10 mobs have higher than base stats too), but if you watch the video from Grimm's link here:
it definitely seems like the stun works a lot more than 28%. It seemed to be over 50% easily, but as I said I gave up counting and many of the failures were on the level 3 boss, so chances are that one is fairly resistant too. Small sample size I realize, but I'm guessing if this guy uses it, it is fairly reliable.

Thengel

You can keep track how often it goes off by counting how many times it hits, plus how many times it's "resisted." Like if it were a 50% chance to go off, and 20% chance to get resisted, a sample of 100 would be approx. 50 nothing, 40 hits, and 10 resists. If it's resisted, it means the effect happened, THEN it was resisted.