Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wasn't there a Link cartoon on Saturday mornings? It's doable, if Tom n Jerry can fuck each other up graphically and still be for kids, then Link can filet Ganon and serve his pig ass at Memorial day cookout.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wasn't there a Link cartoon on Saturday mornings? It's doable, if Tom n Jerry can fuck each other up graphically and still be for kids, then Link can filet Ganon and serve his pig ass at Memorial day cookout.

Yes they had a Super Mario, Link, Mega man, and Captain N cartoons. They were dogshit and retarded as fuck. They don't work at all.

The theme song was also sang by Ron Jeremy fat Guido looking ass... ok I lie it was Lou albino but might as well of been Ron Jeremy.. shame they didn't do a pron parody

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes they had a Super Mario, Link, Mega man, and Captain N cartoons. They were dogshit and retarded as fuck. They don't work at all.

The theme song was also sang by Ron Jeremy fat Guido looking ass... ok I lie it was Lou albino but might as well of been Ron Jeremy.. shame they didn't do a pron parody
iu

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
For a Zelda adaptation I imagine they could pretty easily translate Ocarina of Time to the screen since if you remove most of the time spent doing dungeons in the game the story itself (while good) isn't super convoluted... special child raised by forest folk finds out he had a special destiny, meets a princess and embarks on a quest while Ganondorf plots in the background.. it wouldn't be too much more difficult than successfully adapting Mario, but they would have to cut a lot of stuff to make it just one movie, and it's always risky to play the part 1 / part 2 thing unless they're done all together and coming out 6 months apart.

Another possible Zelda adaptation would be A Link to the Past, and again two movies, the first one starting like the game with your uncle going to save the princess and quickly being defeated and you picking up his quest and going on adventures until you face the sorcerer Aghanim and he escapes into the Dark World and that's where part 1 ends, with part 2 about this weird dark world that mirrors Hyrule and this time Link has to save Zelda and finds out about Ganon being behind Aghanim and confronts him.

Both of those would probably work best in animated form, albeit darker than Mario but not too dark either, Hyrule has creepy elements but it's also very colorful and has a lot of funny characters.

For Metroid, the immediate thought is something like Aliens but the problem is that Aliens works mostly because of its cast and the marines crew and Ripley interacting while facing the xenomorph threat.. Metroid has similar elements since you're in space fighting monsters but what gives it its atmosphere in my opinion is the extreme solitude. In Metroid you're mostly on your own, exploring ruins and wreckages and you fight local creatures and space pirates but you rarely have any outside communication, and that's hard to translate into a movie. Even DOOM adaptations had to go with full teams because the lone protagonist (and mostly silent) doesn't work well. I guess they could add other bounty hunters to the mix like they did for Metroid Prime 3 but then it's not really capturing the essence of most of the franchise, unlike this Mario movie.

This might be doable as a live-action film but with so much CGI required it would probably be best as a serious animated film akin to Final Fantasy (except not shit), or similar to the last Starship Troopers film that was also animated.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For a Zelda adaptation I imagine they could pretty easily translate Ocarina of Time to the screen since if you remove most of the time spent doing dungeons in the game the story itself (while good) isn't super convoluted... special child raised by forest folk finds out he had a special destiny, meets a princess and embarks on a quest while Ganondorf plots in the background.. it wouldn't be too much more difficult than successfully adapting Mario, but they would have to cut a lot of stuff to make it just one movie, and it's always risky to play the part 1 / part 2 thing unless they're done all together and coming out 6 months apart.

For Metroid, the immediate thought is something like Aliens but the problem is that Aliens works mostly because of its cast and the marines crew and Ripley interacting while facing the xenomorph threat.. Metroid has similar elements since you're in space fighting monsters but what gives it its atmosphere in my opinion is the extreme solitude. In Metroid you're mostly on your own, exploring ruins and wreckages and you fight local creatures and space pirates but you rarely have any outside communication, and that's hard to translate into a movie. Even DOOM adaptations had to go with full teams because the lone protagonist (and mostly silent) doesn't work well. I guess they could add other bounty hunters to the mix like they did for Metroid Prime 3 but then it's not really capturing the essence of most of the franchise, unlike this Mario movie.
except that one Sandra Bullock flick, Gravity where she is alone in space for most of the film trying to Mcgyver her shit back home

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Gravity is a space drama with some tense moments, Metroid is a space monster edging into horror / exploration game (plus platforming obviously but I can't imagine Sandra Bullock doing a lot of morph ball shenanigans).

There's a reason why Aliens starts with 12 Marines + a few people and by the end there's 3 left + a survivor they picked up. Those movies work when people get decimated by the monsters or threats of the environment. In Metroid, if the game is played well, you're the only person facing the threat and you kill and destroy everyone in your way until you win. It doesn't make for a very compelling story unless you add several other characters, and then is it still Metroid?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For Metroid you wouldnt need to make a 1 for 1 adaptation. Samus could be a bounty hunter taking a job to deal with a weird alien on a new colony, or maybe she helps some scientist clean up a space station after an alien got loose. Half of making a good game>movie is properly translating whats perfectly fine in a video game to the big screen(something tells me a close 1 to 1 of motherbrain probably wouldnt work, or how do you portray a jellyfish that sucks the soul out of your body and turns you to dust, or hell the morph ball how does that work with a real living breathing person or Ridley, is he really gonna be a dragon?)

But an adult, serious Metroid akin to The Road or Gravity as mentioned showing Samus descend through Zebes as she learns about her history would be nice.
What are you talking about it was amazing.

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gravity is a space drama with some tense moments, Metroid is a space monster edging into horror / exploration game (plus platforming obviously but I can't imagine Sandra Bullock doing a lot of morph ball shenanigans).

There's a reason why Aliens starts with 12 Marines + a few people and by the end there's 3 left + a survivor they picked up. Those movies work when people get decimated by the monsters or threats of the environment. In Metroid, if the game is played well, you're the only person facing the threat and you kill and destroy everyone in your way until you win. It doesn't make for a very compelling story unless you add several other characters, and then is it still Metroid?
she can have a sassy but cute robot companion, one that can identify what some of the space monsters are and can help her defeat them. then at some point it gets destroyed so she has to face the increasingly harder beasts on her own with nobody to even talk to cept maybe a friend at HQ who is worried about her trying to get a ship to bring her back home. it all sounds like a serious movie. i dont know if you can make a fun exciting film out of this. there are no blowjobs and unicorns along the way.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
A Metroid film could start with a team of cliched action hero types who get killed about 1/3 of the way through and then introduce Samus as the Federations last option.

keep her a silent protagonist with some kind of Mission Control operator as the voice of the film and then reveal her identity and let her speak when it’s over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

At some point, John Woo's production company option'ed or maybe even bought the movie rights for Metroid. That would have been a weird one.

As far as doing a single protagonist movie, I feel like many horror and adventure movies, without even touching the more arty things, have huge chunks in them with only a single character. Things like The Decent or REC come to mind. The Revenant also... most of The Martian... Even not going that far into the arty territory, you have things like All Is Lost by Chandor with Redford alone on a sinking sailboat. If you feel things get too dry, you can always insert some flashbacks here and there, or have the character taking audio logs. A movie could also expand on the Metroid universe with the space pirates and the bounty hunters and places that are not ancient ruins and abandoned mining facilities. Personally, I would enjoy if somehow Metroid ended in the hands of some borderline experimental filmaker (I mean, we have Gerwig and Baumbach doing a Barbie movie, so anything is possible!) and we got an almost totally silent exploration movie all about atmosphere. Like a Terrence Malik or one of these Thai director like Pen-ek Ratanaruang or Apichatpong Weerasethakul (both made very atmospheric films set in the jungle).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Things like The Decent or REC come to mind. The Revenant also... most of The Martian... Even not going that far into the arty territory, you have things like All Is Lost by Chandor with Redford alone on a sinking sailboat. If you feel things get too dry, you can always insert some flashbacks here and there, or have the character taking audio logs. A movie could also expand on the Metroid universe with the space pirates and the bounty hunters and places that are not ancient ruins and abandoned mining facilities.
You forgot whats basically a blueprint for a Metroid movie, The Very Pulse of the Machine from Love Death Robots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They hate Pratt because he's a white Christian man who isn't shy about talking about how much he loves God and his church and stuff. Also he didn't participate in any of the Marvel star anti-Trump circle-jerks, so people assume he must be a republican to boot. I have no idea if he is or not, but since he actually keeps his political opinions to himself, he probably is.

Anything Pratt works on will get panned by critics. Not only for the aforementioned reasons but also because of who he married.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I checked best buy for a steelbook pre-order today. Looks like they put it up before the movie even came out, and the pre-order is already sold out. Sad Face IRL.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Great movie

fun times with the family

puss n boots now this

9/10

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
tried a few stable diffusion prompts to get a movie poster of zero suit blasting away while a dove flies in the background, couldnt get anywhere close

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mario had two extra days of play in this comparison, not quite apples to apples. First five days of release Frozen 2 handily wins.
Mario's Fri, Sat, Sun domestic beats Frozen 2 by 14 million.

144 million vs 130.

Mario 5 day domestic is 204M
So 60 million Weds/Thurs that takes away from Fri- Sun tally.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In a non-clown world media outlets would be running stories on how out of touch and worthless movie critics have become. 56% critic score vs 96% audience score.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users