Supergirl

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah that's one of the signs this is pretty much renewed. You don't announce casting for the second season before you know what is going on.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Haven't watched this since the first couple episodes, but I do have them all recorded. Did this pick up and turn out to be a good show?

Obviously I'm going to be watching the flash crossover episode, but are the rest worthwhile and should I try to catch up first?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive only watched the flash crossover episode and the pilot but the production is much worse that the other CW shows which is weird

Haven't watched this since the first couple episodes, but I do have them all recorded. Did this pick up and turn out to be a good show?

Obviously I'm going to be watching the flash crossover episode, but are the rest worthwhile and should I try to catch up first?
it gets better at around Episode 8? I think, the one with the Martian Manhunter reveal

Caliane

everything with Flash was far above the norm for this show.
Melissa was really doing a great job as well. (Wynn/Olsen stuff too.)

Everything involving livewire and Banshee was pure utter crap. Bad/lazy acting, bad writing, horrible, horrible costume design.
Only thing that could have saved that horrific final fight is if they broke out some hostess fruit pies and started sharing them.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I like that they had fun with the episode at least, even if the villains were pretty terrible. Flash was awesome like always, but some of the comments were golden. My favorite was the part where Cat told them they looked like the pretty young multicultural cast of a cheap CW show (or something like that). They were even kind of posing, as if for a photo shoot, while she said it. Also, Wynn having a bro-out with Barry was great. Only thing dumb was Jimmy getting jealous of him, but it was part of that storyline they were pushing so whatever.

I know the show is cheesy at times, and like any superhero show they have things that defy explanation (not superpower-wise, but I'm talking things like how 3 of her employees manage to disappear for hours at a time, constantly), but to answer the question above, I've really come to enjoy this show. It isn't high cinema, but it is light enough without being silly, which really came to the forefront this week after watching the grimdark BvS movie and realizing how terrible that is for certain characters. Supergirl is fun, Flash is fun, and together they were even more fun. I hope she comes over to their world soon because I *really* want Cisco to a) tell her he could come up with a better name, and b) have a crush on her.

I really like that Melissa clearly had a good time with the episode as well. I love her reaction here:
(after much trial and tribulation, it seems I can't embed gfycat anymore, which Fedor has made abundantly clear)

Flash treats supergirl to ice cream - Gfycat

Homsar

Calista Flockhart seems like the best part of the show from what I can tell, the villains and fights were just awful. Even the special effects seemed worse than the stuff on the CW or Sify

Devlin

Golden Squire
Couldn't agree less but I've actually watched all the episodes.

SFX in this are decent, as good or better than Flash. I have no idea about Arrow because Arrow is awful.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I only hear the show going on while my wife watches it downstairs but the dialog is horribly sophomoric and it plays extremely heavily on "girls can do anything boys can do!" angle. Personally the show itself makes my ears bleed just hearing it because it is written like dogshit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, not really sure where you are getting the low production values thing from, but maybe something just struck you wrong in the two episodes you watched. It isn't amazing, but none of these shows are due to budgetary restraints, and considering her powers and the powers of many of the villains and other characters, they do a decent job. You're certainly welcome to not like or watch the show, but two episodes isn't really enough to judge the entire show on.

EDIT: That's in response to Homsar, not Tenks.

Homsar

Just all of the CGI looked terrible, helicopter, flames, Electricity
11mcme.gif

11mdak.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't watch any cable superhero shows but I agree with Homsar the CG looks like shit. I can't say if it looks better or worse than any other show I can just say from my view it looks bad.

Homsar

Flash has a much more difficult CGI and it's somewhat decent and thats on the CW
9GU7tP0.gif

tumblr_nnwt6dJAiI1r6vy8ho7_500.gif

Ganthorn

N00b
seriously. wtf was the production team thinking? winners of Faceoff on syfy or something?
I give silver banshees look a pass because the two of them obviously went and did it themselves in a few hours and they aren't professional designers. The CGI is another issue.