Superman & Lois

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Looks like the newest episode confirmed some theories about Captain Luthor

Superman from his universe was evil

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Looks like the newest episode confirmed some theories about Captain Luthor

Superman from his universe was evil

I can like and appreciate that. Sets up a proper bad guy, that being a bad guy who believes he is the good guy.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This doesn't "feel" like a CW show.
... and that's possibly the highest praise one can give it. ;)

Second episode done, still feeling cautiously optimistic about it. I can see the path the twins drama will unfold along, but that isn't bothering me much. I'm sure we'll have a steady diet of Small Town Reporter Lois Lane, but that doesn't really bother me all that much either. And there was enough of Supes doing Supes shit to cover that base.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
except it can all be solved if they would only talk to each other!
I don't think would resolve it. As he seems concerned that he's not like the Superman from his world... "yet". My bet to Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus was that this other Superman was essentially the version where something caused him to kill Lois (ala Injustice) and he turned on humanity.

I'm still confused though as to if this Superman and Lois is on the same Earth as the Flash and the rest of the Arrowverse (since they're confirming Stargirl apparently as being on Earth 2 by bringing in Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick in season 2)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm still confused though as to if this Superman and Lois is on the same Earth as the Flash and the rest of the Arrowverse (since they're confirming Stargirl apparently as being on Earth 2 by bringing in Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick in season 2)
Diggle is supposed to show up, so it should be Earth Prime. They are probably just building a base for the show before guest stars show up.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
For the love of God tell me you're being sarcastic...

At the very end, when he's back on his ship/base (apparently in some artic type area) and the ship/base computer is talking to him about analysis from the first fight and what needs to be improved/modified on the suit, and it refers to him as either "Captain Luthor" or "Commander Luthor".
Lol still no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like I missed a few scenes.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
except it can all be solved if they would only talk to each other!

Probably not. They already laid the groundwork with Lex in supergirl for a hero to know in their heart that the bad guy is only acting good, but the hero knows the bad guy's true nature.

Cybsled

Show is back from hiatus. Couple episodes already. Scene with the soldiers was pretty awesome in the 6th episode was pretty cool

Haus

<Silver Donator>
For all you people complaining about black Lex Luthor....yeah.....

I will admit, a very nice twist to play that one on the writers part. After watching the two "post break" episodes I'm glad this got renewed. Amazing what happens when you have writers who actually seem to give two shits about the characters and history behind them. That and apparently getting these characters out of the hands of the Supergirl writing team....

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finished this. Damn. As a long time DC comics fan... this is the single best superman adaptation of the modern era.

I disliked Clark a little at first, but what I initially read as kind of urban soy boy tendencies now comes across as just a modern version of the Clark Kent "aw shucks" boy scout type.

Both of the sons actually come across as believable and sympathetic, and they have good bro chemistry.

Really excellent casting across the board. Lois is an actress that annoyed me in other roles but she's absolutely perfect for Lois Lane.

And they succeeded in writing an interesting and sympathetic bad guy. The iron man style scenes with him and his daughter were great. And the complete absence of race bullshit here is awesome. Yeah he and his daughter are black, but that has nothing to do with anything, the point of his story is the same as the point of the story in the Gladiator, Braveheart, or similar movies. They werent sitting there in the warehouse listening to ghetto rap complaining about oppression. Just enjoying some quality father daughter time building weapons together. Great characters without any raceswapping or BLM bullshit who just happen to be black.

Just a great show all around. I can't believe how non CW this show was.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Really excellent casting across the board. Lois is an actress that annoyed me in other roles but she's absolutely perfect for Lois Lane.
Bitsie Tulloch makes an *excellent* Lois Lane. I guess the best since Margo Kidder? I can't think of any other adaptations that stood out.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Finished this. Damn. As a long time DC comics fan... this is the single best superman adaptation of the modern era.

I disliked Clark a little at first, but what I initially read as kind of urban soy boy tendencies now comes across as just a modern version of the Clark Kent "aw shucks" boy scout type.

Both of the sons actually come across as believable and sympathetic, and they have good bro chemistry.

And they succeeded in writing an interesting and sympathetic bad guy. The iron man style scenes with him and his daughter were great. And the complete absence of race bullshit here is awesome. Yeah he and his daughter are black, but that has nothing to do with anything, the point of his story is the same as the point of the story in the Gladiator, Braveheart, or similar movies. They werent sitting there in the warehouse listening to ghetto rap complaining about oppression. Just enjoying some quality father daughter time building weapons together. Great characters without any raceswapping or BLM bullshit who just happen to be black.

Just a great show all around. I can't believe how non CW this show was.

Yeah, until you just mentioned it I think it's been since the last arrowverse crossover that I actually remembered and thought about how she was in Grimm...

As for Clark, I also think this says something about getting the character away from the Supergirl writing team. Like Bitsie, I haven't thought a single time about him in Teen Wolf throughout the series so far.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'll wait for S1 to hit Netflix, but glad it sounds like they haven't shit the bed yet. Arrowverse series tend to have a good season or two before they go sour on wokester bullshit and awful writing.