Terraria

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Anyone heard anything about this 1.2 update? I swear I read it was supposed to be released in July. Well, July is almost over...
His own wording was that he hoped to make July, I believe he's made some tweets recently about 20 hour days to get it out the door but it's more likely it will be sometime in August now.

Every time I see the update list that has been put together from hints comments and screenshots etc I'm more impressed on how much he has added, it could have been promo'd as a 2.0 easily.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Was going to edit but since an angry post appeared will add a new one
tongue.png

The list I referred to above, would have been nice for me to actually copy/pasta it eh? *whoops*

* Player and World limit increased to 1000
* Chests are double-sized
* Hallowed armor is around 4th best
* Inventory now has one more line:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/db2vchbl1r...rInventory.png
* Character screen has HSL interface (Hue/Saturation/Light) Shown here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa9d5zslu0lqvz7/colors.png
* 999 item stacks
* Terra blade is the most powerful sword, but not most powerful item, others are better
* Orichalcum armor with good set stats, numbers and effects
* He's considering another slot but there are more tinkers now
* Red's going on a very long vacation, can take anything from a month to a year, after 1.2 is finished
* Ton of new backgrounds set during world gen, drawn by Crowno along with a new Phoenix Blaster sprite
* Crowno was hired after his "best t-shirt design" in the contest, Red appreciates his work tons! Credits to Crowno!
* "Ice biome is kind of an alternate version of the regular underground, slightly harder w/ better drops to break up monotiny"
* Large map with all revealed:https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lcpbc5ox137kgh/IceMap.png
* Jungle dungeons are hard to get to, entrance has to be earned but no dungeon guardians of sorts
* Jungle Shrines are still there
* There are yet more biomes than have been shown, tons of items and NPCs unrevealed
* If you inflate the item count a tad, 600-700 new items ingame now (Again, exaggeration)
* Dyes and paint are about 100 of those items
* There are 12 base colors for dyes, and then different versions of those and gradients, etc
* You can make Gold look like Titan
* Still gonna do some more item/armor tiers, boss drops, rare drops, super rare drops
* Redigit has been reading TerrariaOnline to see all the suggestions and what people want, some that have inspired him
* He's making lot of effort to make playthroughs unique, aka things that are in one world aren't in the other
* "Ebony is more or less Ebonwood" (This does not spread corruption)
* There is a very valuable set of things that happen in hardmode to help you fight the spread (More than people know of) and you will gain a lot more control of how your world is
* Possibly a new time changer, and less likely chance of biome converting procedure. He's playing around with the idea of controlling time/events, but no promises
* He also considers implementing gear/accessories that help with building
* He's considering taking stuff from the console version, like the autodig (Hold down a hotkey, like CTRL, to remove all blocks/walls in that direction, Hold down CTRL to remove all the tiles in the direction of the mouse to make a tunnel the size of your character)
* He thinks Mounts could be super fun
Edit: Fixed first pic link.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Was more or less grring the fact that the new update won't be out this month. And I am doubting it will come out next month either : /

Disp_sl

shitlord
The timetable for this patch is like Starbound to me; shit could be anywhere from next month to next year. Hopefully it comes out soon, but I've set my expectations for 2014 so I don't get excited for it and expect it to be released in the near future.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm also trying not to get my hopes up, but it sounds like Redigit is pushing towards completion. August seems likely.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
While the wait goes on, Red Cloud has moved to 1.1 adding in multiplayer and a ton more content to go with a raft of bug fixes. It's pretty much a huge mod, almost a total conversion with new bits and pieces all over the place.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...d-cloud.87617/

There are some really nice maps in that link as well to give you an interesting world to explore using either the current base game or utilising the new mod.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
First off I want to thank everyone who has remained supportive and patient while waiting for this update! The team and I are working very hard and want to get it out as soon as possible but we do not want to release something that is not finished and polished properly. As far as things to finish go we still need to revamp the dungeon, give hell a facelift, finish up 5 bosses, and if time permits add the npc quest system. Most of the hard stuff has been finished but it is still very difficult to give an actual release date that isn't just, " I hope it is done by X" or " It's done when it's done." Just trust that I know what I am doing with this update, I really don't want to release something that lacks content and you blow through in 2 days.
Posted yesterday so I think I'll install Red Cloud once my current Minecraft kick wears off as that sounds like another few weeks of work before the patch is ready. NPC questing would be really nice!

Calac Oakshield

Molten Core Raider
bumping 1 more time for those that played together, Trying to get a server together to play the red cloud mod, Hathe I need yooooou. Kaige is in and hatorade wants to do it. Anyway I need to get ahold of vorph and some others but I wanna try to get this together.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was playing this again with my brother because I haven't played it since the whole hard mode section got added in. We had a good ~12 hours in the game or so, tons of stuff, were just about to go kill off that wall of flesh or whatever to start up hard mode, had a power outage, world got corrupted. Tried the backup, still corrupt, tried to recover previous version and still no luck.

Still have our characters but that whole world we've been playing for such a long time...gone -_-. raaaaaaaaaaage. And here I thought "well the game saves a backup of the world itself, it should be okay!" Nooooope.

So instead I searched online and found an "Adventure Map" that was multiplayer and had a story to follow. Was pretty enjoyable actually. Had cool dungeons with spikes and lava and traps and such. Still though, my motivation to start a new world is pretty low...especially if this 1.2 patch comes out sometime soon.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Was playing this again with my brother because I haven't played it since the whole hard mode section got added in. We had a good ~12 hours in the game or so, tons of stuff, were just about to go kill off that wall of flesh or whatever to start up hard mode, had a power outage, world got corrupted. Tried the backup, still corrupt, tried to recover previous version and still no luck.

Still have our characters but that whole world we've been playing for such a long time...gone -_-. raaaaaaaaaaage. And here I thought "well the game saves a backup of the world itself, it should be okay!" Nooooope.

So instead I searched online and found an "Adventure Map" that was multiplayer and had a story to follow. Was pretty enjoyable actually. Had cool dungeons with spikes and lava and traps and such. Still though, my motivation to start a new world is pretty low...especially if this 1.2 patch comes out sometime soon.
Name of adventure map?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/category/adventures
A bunch of maps.

http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/a...a-inspired-map
That's the one we played.

It got a little repetitive because every "dungeon" was jump over the spikes and shit. Will have to check out some of these other adventure maps. I assume with all the new boulder traps / arrow traps / dynamite traps or blob spawners and such could make them a lot more interesting.

Some of them require mods and such, so maybe I'll try some of them out later, but I choose that one just because it didn't require anything.

Calac Oakshield

Molten Core Raider
have only gotten a few replys and we need someone to host the server. Hoping to get hathe up to speed, and with donations. SOO lets reply!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Let's get this out of the way... NO it's not out yet. Latest official comment is "nearly finished"

Have a new picture to help the time go by

7X76nEf.png

Right click view image for a lot more detail.