The Beer Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I had a local blood orange beer on tap in Chicago a while ago, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It was delicious, though. There are various grapefruit IPAs that I enjoy, too.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a few bottles and a 4 pack today

1541896131613.png 1541896180187.png

1541896221002.png

1541896263320.png

1541896318196.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I bought a lot of crafts today for a party tomorrow night.

20181224_154310.jpg

And of course a decent amount of lighter beer is necessary for any party of this caliber.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Sam Adams Cold Snap just came out for the winter, my absolute favorite seasonal of there's!

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Drove down to San Diego for work today. Stopped in at Kilowatt for a bit before heading home. Beer - Kilowatt Brewing

Had a flight of
- Easy Crusher
- Heart of Starkness Apricot Wit
- Hazetastic Voyage
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Stout
- S3 Tangerine Sour
- Ziely Grapefruit Hard Seltzer

Everything was at worst solid and wouldn't hesitate to order again when in the mood for the style.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I went to Kona Brewing Company tonight and had one of the weekly beers. This week was their Pipeline Porter. It had a coffee flavor, and went down smooth. After one beer, I could feel it (not immediately... maybe 30 minutes later). It was lower Alcohol% (only 5.3%), but I still felt it. Granted my liver was lacerated 11 years ago, but this still effected me more than other beers.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Went to Costco yesterday and they had cases of Pernicious for $35 that were bottled less than two weeks ago... at 7.3% ABV I’ll have to pace myself.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Did some brewery tourism in Orange County. Holy shit Bottle Logic makes good barrel aged stuff. Should have bought some bottles to bring home.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Did some brewery tourism in Orange County. Holy shit Bottle Logic makes good barrel aged stuff. Should have bought some bottles to bring home.
They're under 30 minutes from me and I haven't been, though I'm pretty sure I've at least tasted one of their beers in a flight or something.

For next time you're down here:

Green Cheek Beer Co. - Great variety, 32oz can fills on the spot, awesome berliners/light summer sours

Phantom Ales - Great variety, small but solid food menu, their Cranberry Pomegranate mead is 13% and doesn't taste like it has any alcohol in it.

Cud

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're under 30 minutes from me and I haven't been, though I'm pretty sure I've at least tasted one of their beers in a flight or something.

Green Cheek Beer Co. - Great variety, 32oz can fills on the spot, awesome berliners/light summer sours

Phantom Ales - Great variety, small but solid food menu, their Cranberry Pomegranate mead is 13% and doesn't taste like it has any alcohol in it.
If you are that close and like stouts you should go to Bottle Logic. The special release stuff they do is amazing. Some of their bottles command a premium on the secondary market.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
If you are that close and like stouts you should go to Bottle Logic. The special release stuff they do is amazing. Some of their bottles command a premium on the secondary market.
Yeah, have only heard good things, just never quite made it out there. At least I have a bunch of Bruery stuff on hand to keep me occupied.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Came really close to hitting up Phantom Ales. Maybe next time.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was in Minnesota last weekend and I had one of the most interesting beers I've ever had. It was a jalapeno cream ale at Jack Pine Brewery. I've had chili beers and other "spicy" beers, but nothing has ever come this close to being so incredibly spicy. It felt like each sip had a slice of jalapeno floating in my mouth. It was good, and I enjoyed drinking it, but I'm not sure I'd want to drink more than one or two a month.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never found a spicy beer I've enjoyed. But I've only had a couple. I just don't find the pairing to be enjoyable.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was in Minnesota last weekend and I had one of the most interesting beers I've ever had. It was a jalapeno cream ale at Jack Pine Brewery. I've had chili beers and other "spicy" beers, but nothing has ever come this close to being so incredibly spicy. It felt like each sip had a slice of jalapeno floating in my mouth. It was good, and I enjoyed drinking it, but I'm not sure I'd want to drink more than one or two a month.
Yeah I can't stand spicy beers. You hit up anywhere else? I would have pointed you to some places but you're out in the middle of nowhere.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah I can't stand spicy beers. You hit up anywhere else? I would have pointed you to some places but you're out in the middle of nowhere.

The only other one I visited in central MN was Big Axe Brewing in Nisswa. They had a tasty red ale, but otherwise pretty average. I'll be heading up to Minnesota again so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. In the twin cities I've hit up Surly (one of the best sours I've ever had; wish I could get it around here), Invictus (decent, but the milkshake was better than the beer), and Bad Weather Brewing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The only other one I visited in central MN was Big Axe Brewing in Nisswa. They had a tasty red ale, but otherwise pretty average. I'll be heading up to Minnesota again so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. In the twin cities I've hit up Surly (one of the best sours I've ever had; wish I could get it around here), Invictus (decent, but the milkshake was better than the beer), and Bad Weather Brewing.
Barrel Theory, Steel Toe, Indeed, Fair State, and Pig Ate My Pizza (brew pub). Fulton is also great, and Dangerous Man. Outstate you have Schell's, Hoops, Fitger's, and Junkyard.