The Beer Thread

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Becoming a huge fan of 'Urban Artifact' (based out of Ohio) brewery's sours/tarts, specifically 'Gryoscope' (Rasberry Fruit Tart), 'Paperweight' (Apricot Fruit Tart), 'The Gadget' (Raspberry & Blackberry Fruit Tart). It has been hitting some stores here recently (Indiana & Kentucky; some select small stores and the big chain Liquor Barn) and I cannot get enough. Pretty mild tart so it's more drinkable and enjoyable on a hot day. Not the best overall sours I've had, but a very good sour with good availability (as of now) for me so has always been in-stock within the household.

Urban Artifact

Their website is total shit though...

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Becoming a huge fan of 'Urban Artifact' (based out of Ohio) brewery's sours/tarts, specifically 'Gryoscope' (Rasberry Fruit Tart), 'Paperweight' (Apricot Fruit Tart), 'The Gadget' (Raspberry & Blackberry Fruit Tart). It has been hitting some stores here recently (Indiana & Kentucky; some select small stores and the big chain Liquor Barn) and I cannot get enough. Pretty mild tart so it's more drinkable and enjoyable on a hot day. Not the best overall sours I've had, but a very good sour with good availability (as of now) for me so has always been in-stock within the household.

Urban Artifact

Their website is total shit though...

Two good friends work there. They do make some damn good sours. Not Rare Barrel level, but really f'ing good.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
:oops: I have 2 of these to pick up

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw some Sam Adams Oktoberfest in the store today! The Fall beers are arriving!!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Paging Deathwing Deathwing to the white courtesy phone.

I'm going camping with a couple friends in your neck of the woods this week, near Canandaigua. As we're all beer people are there any breweries nearby that we should check out?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh god damnit, now I have to admit to other men that I'm not really a beer person. But, just to give you an idea of the few beers I do like:

Ommegang Abbey Ale
Troegs Mad Elf

Ithaca Beer Company has a pretty good restaurant and the other more testosterone-laden members of my family seemed to enjoy their samplers.

I have not been to Liquid State but my coworkers frequent it often. Given its location though, I can't imagine it's a traditional brewery with the tour and all. I haven't been to any other breweries in the area, sorry.

I can recommend Buttermilk Falls and the gorge in Watkins Glen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh god damnit, now I have to admit to other men that I'm not really a beer person. But, just to give you an idea of the few beers I do like:

Ommegang Abbey Ale
Troegs Mad Elf

Ithaca Beer Company has a pretty good restaurant and the other more testosterone-laden members of my family seemed to enjoy their samplers.

I have not been to Liquid State but my coworkers frequent it often. Given its location though, I can't imagine it's a traditional brewery with the tour and all. I haven't been to any other breweries in the area, sorry.

I can recommend Buttermilk Falls and the gorge in Watkins Glen.

I figured it was worth a shot. We're probably going to check out a winery or two as well. Only thing I know for sure right now is we'll be at the Alice Cooper and Halestorm show on Wednesday. Thought It might be a good idea to have a few suggestions on places to check out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Question for y'all old timers. So is White Claws of 2019 the Zima of the 1990's or whenever? I remember seeing those commercials but obviously never tasted one as a child.

White Claws are way too popular for being so stupid. Mike's Hard Lemonades were better.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't had any either, but have seen them at Costco. Maybe I'll have to grab some... for science.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Question for y'all old timers. So is White Claws of 2019 the Zima of the 1990's or whenever? I remember seeing those commercials but obviously never tasted one as a child.

White Claws are way too popular for being so stupid. Mike's Hard Lemonades were better.

I just started noticing White Claws this summer but they've been a thing for a year or two now apparently. It's for the folks that love La Croix and want an alcohol version.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's just seltzer and a small amount of cheap vodka. I can understand picking them up for a day at the beach or something where an open cup would get sandy or be a pain in the ass to keep mixing yourself but a lot of my friends have these at home or bring them to house parties and it's just a waste of money compared to making your own vodka soda.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Corona Premier. Have any of you guys tried this yet? Its actually a really good lager. Legitimately.

• 1Seriously?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1566851341120.jpeg

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Modern Times just opened a location in Oakland and I gave it a visit yesterday. Place is huge. Fantastic selection.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was knocking back a few Sam Winter Lagers with a shot of Fireball mixed in. Got me pretty tanked.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw a Coors Light advertisement on Instagram today. Something about Hawaii loves Coors. Almost all of the comments were bashing the company. I wish I had a link to it, but it went away and I'm not able to search for the advertisement.