The Beer Thread

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Picked up a Fremont Rusty Nail for the 4th and it’s probably the best stout I’ve ever had. That said, it’s probably drowning out my cigar right now so pairing it might be tough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Been trying a number of Midwest brews my time in Cincy. And I've really been digging this brewery. Almost everything they make is really good. Sucks they're from shitass Cleveland though.

platform beer.jpg

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Question: with SO MANY craft breweries out there, are things like Zombie Dust and Pliny the Elder still that superior to everything else? Or are they just legends because of how good they were for the time? Like EVERYONE has a citra hopped IPA now, which is what Zombie Dust was. It just seems like there is SO MUCH BEER, and so many people are so passionate about it, its hard for me to believe that people haven't all caught up.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Others have definitely caught up but those beers are still, in my opinion, the gold standard for their respective styles. I still very much enjoy both Zombie Dust and Pliny the Elder. Pliny is still probably my go-to west coast style DIPA. Sure other local brewers might have slightly better versions, but Pliny is consistent and more widely available [now].

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The way they make those highly hopped IPA its all about freshness. They dry hop the shit out of them during ferment and they flavor starts to degrade only days after it is finished. So the shit you buy in cans and bottles that sits on shelves for weeks, even months is already trash. You want that sweet, sweet fresh IPA flavor go directly to source.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Zombie dust has been surpassed, but it's great that 3 Floyds is getting wider distribution. Gumballhead is a killer summer beer

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Local place typically has several Heist (Charlotte, NC) IPAs on tap - Citraquech’l is phenomenal if you enjoy a good IPA, Isle of Tortuga was good but a bit sweet for me.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Now that it's November, tis the season to start enjoying one of my favorite winter beers:

troegs-independent-brewing-mad-elf_1505837961.png

Tasty and also packs a nice punch at 11% alcohol.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Troegs is legit. One of the first craft beers I ever had in college was Troegenator and I was hooked on first sip.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have a bunch of stouts from Bruery to work on. Need to up my game if I'm going to solo a Black Tuesday o_O

• 1Like