The Book of Boba Fett

fris

Vyemm Raider
They are more likely to find a time traveling machine and retcon everything then rewater tattoine.
imagine the script a bluehair could write through. backstory that the empire's greed mined the plant's renewable resources that resulted in the planet barely being habitable, and the mission of the capt planet crew (my 1st thought at the biker gang) to 'save the planet'

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the premise of themed planets is silly. a volcano planet or a desert planet or a water planet or a jungle planet or swamp planet. why does this have to be?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

the premise of themed planets is silly. a volcano planet or a desert planet or a water planet or a jungle planet or swamp planet. why does this have to be?

Besides being a popular trope, it also isn’t that much out of the realm of realism. If you traveled to Earth at different times in its history, you’d literally find an ice planet (ice ball Earth theory), a swamp planet (Carboniferous period), a mostly desert/arid planet (Permian/Triassic boundary period), volcano planet (very early Earth)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or 80% of a planet is uninhabited leaving only one region where people live / farm resources

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
it might be something like that, sans the massive jar jar rapes. there must be some reason why all 3 episodes are "water once was abundant on tattooine" themed.
I dunno, you have a lot more faith in disney writers than I do. About the only reason I can think that they'd do the ole magic terraforming of tatooine is because it'd piss lots of people off. If it's one think woke writers like doing its shitting on things.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno, you have a lot more faith in disney writers than I do. About the only reason I can think that they'd do the ole magic terraforming of tatooine is because it'd piss lots of people off. If it's one think woke writers like doing its shitting on things.
probably, im just trying to figure out why they're harping on the water thing. they seem to intentionally be talking about how important water is on tattooine and how it was once a planet with water. the tuskans had to go into hiding when it disappeared and the water mongers are screwing the citizens over on water prices. if it turns out to be nothing then thats gonna be a real headscratcher. maybe thats the big reason why the Pykes want that sandy shitball so much, they intend on drilling for water or something like a big lake. i do expect some kind of payoff, at least locally.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Ooof, just saw Episode 3.

Damn, they really jumped the shark.

I mean, that's it.... how do you rebound from that shitheap?

• 1Dislike

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I had high hopes after episode 2 when I thought “finally the fucking flashback scenes are over”

I started episode 3 and thought that it was getting good when he starts building underlings and then BAM. Another fucking flashback scene.

I don’t really give a shit anymore.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i actually feel a lot more confident in this show now after ep3. i know what its about and how they intend on proceeding. the show is a comedy about Boba Fett doing whacky retarded shit because he sees himself as the savior of Tattooine. thats all they needed to convey for me. i can look forward to more lolz in the remaining 4 episodes.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah it was extremely unlikely they'd retcon or sideline the main Disney SW sequels before, but it's practically impossible now after watching this.

I could see them maybe going ahead with a new trilogy based on the High Republic stuff or maybe even that SW in a totally different galaxy.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem comes from the fact that its Starwars and its interesting enough, regardless of how good or bad the interesting parts may be, that people will still watch it. So even though all these reviews will come out "This is laughably bad!" - it'll still be a success on viewership alone. All the people that got involved with Mandalorian have likely watched at least one episode and are quite likely to have watched every single episode so far. But I highly doubt that Captain Planet in star wars is going to bring in more than a handful of NEW viewers.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing that killed the episode was the 5 dollar speeder bike gang. Hopefully they all die.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
If I were writing a Star Wars script, a line like "we heard back from the mayor's office" is definitely something I'd want to keep in there

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah it was extremely unlikely they'd retcon or sideline the main Disney SW sequels before, but it's practically impossible now after watching this.

I could see them maybe going ahead with a new trilogy based on the High Republic stuff or maybe even that SW in a totally different galaxy.

You don't understand time travel or alternate dimensions then

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
You don't understand time travel or alternate dimensions then
I'm not saying they can't write their way around it. I'm saying I doubt they would try to handwave the last three SW movies with some macguffin from an animated series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not saying they can't write their way around it. I'm saying I doubt they would try to handwave the last three SW movies with some macguffin from an animated series.
they may not need to write their way around it since the disney sequels take place 30+ years in the future. they can write whatever they like as long as its before that timeline. my theory is they will continue to do that and stall until Kathleen Kennedy is out of the picture. whenever the fuck that happens. this year, 3 years from now or whenever. i think they will take a serious look at what direction they wish to go. the disney sequels are not remembered fondly, by anyone. not even the SJWs, there would be very mild pushback if they choose to sort of forget about that whole thing. we want to remember Luke and and Han as heroes, not fuckholes. Chapek has stated recently that his new direction is audience based. or profit based. that means what sells is whats driving the current Disney model. if profits dictate Luke and Han get a reset, then they will be reset. at least thats the hope.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah nah, I don't see them pretending the three movies didn't happen lol.
not now, no. maybe later when the atmosphere changes. they wont even need to go 30+ years in the future. with de-aging software, they can make a whole series of films set just 5-10 years in the future from ROTJ. I'm telling you, they have a lot of leeway even if Hamill or Ford drops dead. their likenesses have already been sold. they can make them do whatever they want. the tech is only going to keep getting better.