The Book of Boba Fett

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh I'm sure they'll make one-off movies set in the Mando timeline. They've already discussed films set in the High Republic era and there were even murmurs of a new trilogy set in a different galaxy entirely. I agreed those were plausible earlier.

But retcon the last three main SW movies? That's pure hopium.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh I'm sure they'll make one-off movies set in the Mando timeline. They've already discussed films set in the High Republic era and there were even murmurs of a new trilogy set in a different galaxy entirely. I agreed those were plausible earlier.

But retcon the last three main SW movies? That's pure hopium.
i'm just saying they can pretend it doesnt exist as long as they dont go 30+ years after RotJ. a lot can happen between now and then. but i am also saying if later on they wanted to, nobody would care if they did retcon those disney films. i dont even think Solo and its storyline will ever be referenced again. i know Screen Crush thinks Amelia Clark is going to show up in BoBF. he also think Un-Palpatine is behind the tattooine plot. i disagree.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still a huge Star Wars fan even with all the substandard stuff that has come out in the last few years.

This show is disappointing so far, not necessary because it's bad exactly but because my expectation for Boba Fett were very different than what we're getting.

That said, they've been setting stuff up, and I hope we have an interesting payoff. The flashback have shown a certain relationship with the Pyke Syndicate, and stuff in the present is going to involve them...so hopefully that ends up being interesting and worth the wait.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In an NME interview with Morrison and Ming-Na Wen, he expresses the idea that he thinks Boba Fett talks too much in the show, and needs to remain more mysterious, like when we first met the character in the original trilogy.

He’s kind of joking around, but I think the point he’s making is true. Here’s what he had to say about it:

“I wasn’t very successful, I was hoping not to say as much as I have already in the first two episodes. I speak far too much. In fact, in the beginning, I was trying to pass my lines onto Ming-Na. ‘Excuse me, director, I really feel like Ming-Na should say these lines, because I want to stay mysterious. I want to stay quiet.’”
Morrison also talks about trying to cut some of his dialogue when writer Jon Favreau wasn’t around, but he couldn’t get away with it:

“Sometimes I’d say ‘I think this is too much.’ I remember Jon actually went away to Atlanta so I rang Noah that night and I said ‘Noah, the scene tomorrow, I’m talking way too much. Boba doesn’t talk this much! I’ve got all these paragraphs here. I think we should get rid of it. And Jon’s gone to Atlanta, so don’t tell him.’ The next morning I get a call from Atlanta: ‘Jon wants you to say all that dialogue, he’ll cut it out later.’”

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They for the most part addressed if not fixed most of the worst element of last week's episode in the first 4 minutes this week. Faith quite a bit restored.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess i already forgot what happened in the first four minutes that fixed everything. it was the best episode so far at least. this show is inching along, slowly filling some gaps. i think they used up all their flashbacks on how Boba got his groove back. and he literally gets it back this episode. so the next 3 episodes might not be mostly filler and hopefully more consistent.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
leak of trailer of Knights of Ren, most think its fake while some think it'll be the post credits sting at the end of Book of Boba Fett

I'm sorry, the fuck is the point of the Knights of Ren?

They took part in kidnapping Kylo Ren as the dark messiah or some stupid shit then they... completely abandoned him to the First Order and were never spoken of again. I'm sure their story is very amazing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm sorry, the fuck is the point of the Knights of Ren?

They took part in kidnapping Kylo Ren as the dark messiah or some stupid shit then they... completely abandoned him to the First Order and were never spoken of again. I'm sure their story is very amazing.

There isn't a point, which is why Disney hasn't announced a Knights of Ren series. This is just a terrible fake.

As for Boba Fett, this was a very good episode in my opinion. I think the flashbacks are done, Boba is "fully healed" and the past story has caught up to the present, so the story will move forward now.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just got through watching episode 3 and now I’m about to watch 4. Ummmm….. what was the writer /writers thinking? Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but why didn’t the wookie just shoot Fett while he was inside the bacta tank? Wouldn’t that been much easier than slapping him around and not being to kill him. I’m sure someone had to think about that. Anyway off to watch episode 4.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got through watching episode 3 and now I’m about to watch 4. Ummmm….. what was the writer /writers thinking? Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but why didn’t the wookie just shoot Fett while he was inside the bacta tank? Wouldn’t that been much easier than slapping him around and not being to kill him. I’m sure someone had to think about that. Anyway off to watch episode 4.
At least scroll up to the top of the page.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

While I'm not a fan of the endless trope of "super strong characters keeps throwing his prey around and into walls instead of just punching through them" (see : Terminator Salvation), it's worth noting that Boba Fett and this wookiee have worked together in the past for some contracts (in the comics). So it is possible that the wookiee decided he wanted to fight "fair" against Boba and not immediately kill him while he was in his bacta tank. But yeah it's a cliché obviously, and it's probably going to stick around for a long time yet.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
While I'm not a fan of the endless trope of "super strong characters keeps throwing his prey around and into walls instead of just punching through them" (see : Terminator Salvation), it's worth noting that Boba Fett and this wookiee have worked together in the past for some contracts (in the comics). So it is possible that the wookiee decided he wanted to fight "fair" against Boba and not immediately kill him while he was in his bacta tank. But yeah it's a cliché obviously, and it's probably going to stick around for a long time yet.
Yeah you have a point. I completely forgot the wookie was a gladiator who use to fight in battle arenas. So it does make sense he would pull him out the tank and beat him into a pulp.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm assuming from the audio stinger at the end of episode 4 that Shan intends to hire Din Djarin as 'muscle', so we are gonna get him in the show.

Sterling

El Presidente
So his armor was now Beskar?

As an isolated thing this episode wasn't bad like the previous ones, but it's hard to get past them basically changing the character so fundamentally.