The Book of Boba Fett

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed it. Good first episode to lay the groundwork.
On a different note, seriously Ming-Na Wen is 58, she looks great, and I don’t mean she looks great for her age…she just looks great.
Yeah my mom is Asian and about 7 years older than Ming-Na Wen. They stay youthful looking until 65 and then it starts to drop off pretty quick. Looks like she did well with the choreograph parts she had too, which is not easy for a 50+ woman.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty good! It is of the same production quality of The Mandalorian. So, if you like that show, this looks to be more of the same. Good to get some value out of the Disney + subscription.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Would love to watch it, but until they rehire Carano (not holding my breath) Disney+ ain't getting a dime from us.

I'll pirate it. I've been a conscientious objector to giving disney money for a while. Gina was just an extra nail in the coffin

the more i think about it, them firing Gina soured me on this whole franchise. i was up for Luke returning, but when they just randomly fire the costar, i am like, fuck these people. even if they hire Gina back, its still these awful people in charge and the show is really just fan service+member berries to sell merchandise and Disney rides. i dunno. maybe l'll come around by December

I'm not even going to steal this garbage.

Lol, imagine watching Disney content in 2021, much less giving Disney money.

Star wars died a long time ago.

EU was awesome tho.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
i respect anyone who stands for what they believe, if you think Hollywood is full of retarded faggot SJW pedo ass raping cheese eating surrender monkey cucks who take arab dick in the ass then enjoy Bollywood, Christian movies, Telenovela movies, Billy Bob's bass fishing channel or whatever the fuck other options there are

time however is the most valuable commodity in your life, and its bizarre to me that you somehow justify "i don't pay for it, but ill watch about it and talk about it". You've already spent the most valuable thing you have.

Paying, and watching, is giving time twice.

Unless your Folgers and riding daddy's money train.

I'm conflicted giving it enough time to even post about it...

But fuck it, injecting vile into this shit is about the only way I can justify any time spent on Disney or star wars shit.

It's just member berries milking you faggots

• 1Garbage
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not even going to steal this garbage.

Lol, imagine watching Disney content in 2021, much less giving Disney money.

Star wars died a long time ago.

EU was awesome tho.
I'll get to it. After Gina, star wars doesn't matter anymore.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

joz123

Potato del Grande
Paying, and watching, is giving time twice.

Unless your Folgers and riding daddy's money train.

I'm conflicted giving it enough time to even post about it...

But fuck it, injecting vile into this shit is about the only way I can justify any time spent on Disney or star wars shit.

It's just member berries milking you faggots
Did you pay for the TV or monitor you watch stolen shit on?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was ..ok.

I know Boba Fett is a popular character but after having watched the Mandalorian, its going to have to come way up for me to be impressed. We shall see.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I enjoyed it. Good first episode to lay the groundwork.

Yeah my mom is Asian and about 7 years older than Ming-Na Wen. They stay youthful looking until 65 and then it starts to drop off pretty quick. Looks like she did well with the choreograph parts she had too, which is not easy for a 50+ woman.

We don't have a middle age, just young and old.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess i was the only one that thought it was pretty bad.
Pace felt so slow it kind of bored me and it felt like they turned Boba into a preachy moralist grandpa which feels like out of left field when he's supposed to be a badass bounty hunter thats worked for the empire and the hutts so where is all the moralism coming from?

This from the perspective of someone that used to watch EP. 4-6 almost religiously when i was younger but havent kept up to date on any EU or cartoons or what have you and only watched the newer movies 1-2 times and mando 1 time.
- Why is he afraid of a Tusken kid and his "dog" but he can choke out a freakin monster 5-10 times his size in 2 seconds?
- Parkour made me roll my eyes

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Sterling

El Presidente
It's kind of fine for what it is, but it also isn't great. The negative thing to me that stands out is how slow the fight choreography is. Everything just feels so slow that someone's decrepit grandmother could avoid or counter it. Not sure if that's an intentional throwback thing or just all the people involved are just too old, slow, and unathletic to the point where you can't do it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed it. It was super fan servicy but hey, I'm a fan so it works for me. Be curious to see what people who have little experience with Star Wars think of it.

Temuera Morrison (and Ming Na) are awesome, fucking major props to both of them for putting in the work and getting in shape. His bacta scenes showed the body of a dude in his 40s, and he's in his 60s (or older?).

Yeah, its not as good as Mandalorian and probably will never be but its enjoyable and has some great atmosphere. Love seeing Mos Eisley as a living city, hope we get more of that kinda stuff.

I didn't think Boba Fett was preachy, he just seems to focus in on a few things like honor, word is your bond, rule through respect not tyranny. So far I'm really enjoying the small scale of the show and hope they keep that tone/vibe. Timing seems odd though, he escaped sarlac pitt in the flashback scenes so thats right after ROTJ, but Mandalorian takes place a few years after (~8-10?) so by the time he takes over Jabba's gig thats a bit of time has passed.

Sand monster was neat, when it first came up I thought it mighta been a Krayt Dragon but way too small. Apparently its called a Goro Gorno, kinda looks like MK Goro!

season 1 is 9 episodes long.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Pace felt so slow it kind of bored me and it felt like they turned Boba into a preachy moralist grandpa which feels like out of left field when he's supposed to be a badass bounty hunter thats worked for the empire and the hutts so where is all the moralism coming from?

I don't think the characters journey from orphaned cloneboy who watched his father get decapitated by a jedi to Bounty Hunter working for the Empire to this version makes any sense. They've basically ret-conned him.

Cybsled

I’m not getting preachy moralist from him. Fennec is telling him to go brutal, but that doesn’t mean she was right. Like the 2 guards kind of remind me of Scarface, when he offers the bodyguard a job instead of killing him and that dude remains super loyal until the end. The flashbacks clearly are going to tell the story of how we get from ROTJ to current, so presumably it will better explain his current disposition

He had limited options in the Tuskan raider village surrounded by hostiles. Him not hurting/killing the kid or dog and trying to escape is smart: a runaway that didn’t really do any damage in theory would be less of a concern than someone who killed shit and ran. His plan only failed because that other alien ratted him out.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I thought this was fine. We will see how the plotline plays out, but it was enjoyable for what it is so far.

I quite liked having Matt Berry as 8D8 and the cameo appearance by the Boston Dynamics robots.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm ok with fan service, looking forward to more

Again, zero woke ness so happy to watch on d+

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lol imagine fan bluing out for a 40
Year late spin on a dead character - played by the redo of the character 22 years after the first run, who is a half way shitter version of your already failing character.

I grew up in the 80s thinking Boba Fett was tits. Then I saw a fat Māori sort of play him 20 years ago. Now he has a show for faggots.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Lol imagine fan bluing out for a 40
Year late spin on a dead character - played by the redo of the character 22 years after the first run, who is a half way shitter version of your already failing character.

I grew up in the 80s thinking Boba Fett was tits. Then I saw a fat Māori sort of play him 20 years ago. Now he has a show for faggots.
English translation please, 50/50 I agree with you.

• 1Like