The Book of Boba Fett

Fadaar

That guy
I thought this was fine. We will see how the plotline plays out, but it was enjoyable for what it is so far.

I quite liked having Matt Berry as 8D8 and the cameo appearance by the Boston Dynamics robots.

i want one now just so i can dress it up in stupid ass outfits and have it prance around like they did in the show

joz123

Potato del Grande
Lol imagine fan bluing out for a 40
Year late spin on a dead character - played by the redo of the character 22 years after the first run, who is a half way shitter version of your already failing character.

I grew up in the 80s thinking Boba Fett was tits. Then I saw a fat Māori sort of play him 20 years ago. Now he has a show for faggots.
On Fire What GIF

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The first episode blew fucking chunks. I'm not really sure what you guys see in it. The sets looked great, that's about it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had fun watching it. There was some good parts and some slow parts. It’s only the first episode so I’ll judge it more as the show goes on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
very slow fight scenes. i guess they had to knock back the pace for old man Bobes. its not bad. maybe when they give Bobes a purpose this show might get better. what is this even about?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We are supposed to believe the man in charge of the crime syndicates first action is to walk in the middle of town with almost no defense so he gets worked by some assassin goons.

Some crime boss.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We are supposed to believe the man in charge of the crime syndicates first action is to walk in the middle of town with almost no defense so he gets worked by some assassin goons.

Some crime boss.
Jabba seemed more badass at this point. he laughed at Luke's Jedi trcks. a few glow stick bonks and the pigmen have to dump Bobes in the water tank to recover.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob

Some crime boss.

i mean thats kinda the point, Boba Fett has this weird idealized version of what kind of crime boss he would be, but he literally has neither the skills nor knowledge to pull it off. Chasing criminal scum, being good at combat, and escaping sarlacc pits is usually not the grooming process for crime bosses. He's a guy who mostly worked alone, and as I recall from Rebels TV show (he was younger there I think?) he always screwed up in a crew. I mean jeez, from this timeline it took him nearly 8 years (?) to just track down his fucking armor from a bunch of goddamn Jawas. Thats some shitty detective work!

Darth Maul was definitely a big time crime boss who made his bones by failing over and over, but I think he's dead by the time this show is airing - I'm not really sure of my timelines.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for those complaining about the pacing... this show is a western. same with mandalorian. while the pacing of the show is a legitimate complaint, it is on purpose.

it's also not really about boba fett, even though that's the name everyone calls him. boba fett is a morale-less badass who has to be told to stop disintegrating his targets. this show is about a guy who is upset because some rando rodian wouldn't let him rescue him.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
What's' with the super slow shield / stick fight? I mean, that scene made Bloodrayne the movie look like art.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lot of people seem to be falling on one of the spectrum or the other with this. I'm kinda Tuco Tuco ing after watching it. Felt it was kinda slow and not that impressive, and the writing was a bit well... lacking, but didn't strike me as aggressively bad. And it did have some positives, but they really should have cast someone less fat and more capable of action scenes than whoever this guy is. At least they can put a stunt double in the armor. Other than that, there was some good stuff, and it had a pretty similar feel to mando.

I'm teetering one way, but it wasn't enough to get me off the fence.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lot of people seem to be falling on one of the spectrum or the other with this. I'm kinda Tuco Tuco ing after watching it. Felt it was kinda slow and not that impressive, and the writing was a bit well... lacking, but didn't strike me as aggressively bad. And it did have some positives, but they really should have cast someone less fat and more capable of action scenes than whoever this guy is. At least they can put a stunt double in the armor. Other than that, there was some good stuff, and it had a pretty similar feel to mando.

I'm teetering one way, but it wasn't enough to get me off the fence.
I'm not angry about the slow fight scenes, i dont care that much. i mostly just want to know what the show's purpose is. Mando was a bounty hunter who bounty hunted until he came across baby Yoda and tried to protect it til he found where to put him. Bobes is a former bounty hunter who declares himself a crime boss, but doesnt commit crimes or has a gang, but he has bad dreams about getting beat up by Sand People. what do Sand People look like under their clothes? what do Sand People do actually? just walk around the desert digging up random water jugs?

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Boba Fat kinda makes the show lose its immersion.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What's' with the super slow shield / stick fight? I mean, that scene made Bloodrayne the movie look like art.
Boomers are doing the fighting.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm not angry about the slow fight scenes, i dont care that much. i mostly just want to know what the show's purpose is. Mando was a bounty hunter who bounty hunted until he came across baby Yoda and tried to protect it til he found where to put him. Bobes is a former bounty hunter who declares himself a crime boss, but doesnt commit crimes or has a gang, but he has bad dreams about getting beat up by Sand People. what do Sand People look like under their clothes? what do Sand People do actually? just walk around the desert digging up random water jugs?

• 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was awful lol. I think we can all agree modern digital media entertainment is suffering from a massive lack of talent. Diversity hires and black lives mattering has decimated creativity and quality.

The most powerful part of this show for me is Boba's dentures. Fixodent is most likely a sponsor, holy fuck are his fake teeth distracting. The massive overbite doesnt help.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Feel like the Sarlacc pit fucked up Boba permanently, kind of like how some venomous bites do to people (certain people have reoccuring pain after Black Widow bites their entire life), and that's why he's gotta Bacta nap all the time. That'll also be why the explain he's not the one man army badass everyone expects him to be.

Overall it was kind of meh. It's interesting that it's the opposite of the Mandalorian. In the Mandalorian we never saw the man and were supposed to watch him do what he does best, but this one we're seeing the man behind the legend and in foreign territory.

The Dances with Wolves Sand People shit was a bit meh, but they had to explain his warstick from Mandalorian somehow I guess. Also why the fuck is the Kraken-Gorro chilling on Tatooine? You'd think we'd have heard something about them as they seem to be a good source of protein if you could kill them.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they should have had an episode 2 bundled in with this one. probably would explain some things and we wouldnt be scratching our heads as much.

• 3Like