The Book of Boba Fett

Jive Turkey

Karen
I am hoping that small comment about the multiple tribes means we get a 1000+ Tusken Raider attack near the end.
I'm fairly sure they just threw that in so they can still use Tuskens as desert savage fodder in other situations.

Cybsled

It does make sense - they are basically nomadic tribes. It stands to reason you would have different types of tribes vs. some hive mind that are all the same.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The flashback stuff sucks and takes up way too much time. I don't care about Boba finding himself on ayahuasca trips. I'm gonna finish the show out, but this is pretty lame so far.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mando could fight and he was fucking brutal.
iu

iu

iu
This.

Mando seems way more of what the Book of Fett should have been. Instead of the above badass you showed, we get Mr Scrotumhead Dentures taking his helmet off every scene and whenever you see his face he looks like he's grimacing trying not to shit his diapers.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fett seems like such an easy intro into making great stories, too. Just have him on a new planet in new situations capturing new bounties each episode. Perhaps the joke is that he makes a less money if they're dead and he almost always ends up killing them because they're too badass to take in alive. That's why he's a badass going around in the rickety old slave one, and even ends up losing it. Maybe he's stuck with some even worse ship now. You can show off tons of ideas and planets, and let the fans sort through it and decide on what's cool and interesting. From there, if something strikes gold, make a movie.

Mando did that so well. This show sucks in comparison.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Maybe they are showing all this because its explaining why Boba Fatt isn't the character we expected at this point in his life. He is still recovering from the Sarlacc Pit and during that period of time he learns a new way to do things via the Tuskens who became a family to him that he hasn't had in a long time. Hopefully this season he learns that the true bad guys will never respect him and its time to get dirty when his new family is wiped out. By then hopefully he has healed and is ready to become the Boba Fett we all really want to see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe they are showing all this because its explaining why Boba Fatt isn't the character we expected at this point in his life. He is still recovering from the Sarlacc Pit and during that period of time he learns a new way to do things via the Tuskens who became a family to him that he hasn't had in a long time. Hopefully this season he learns that the true bad guys will never respect him and its time to get dirty when his new family is wiped out. By then hopefully he has healed and is ready to become the Boba Fett we all really want to see.
this is likely the problem the show is facing. Mando is already a brutal killing machine, if they also made Boba a brutal killing machine in a Mando suit, then that sounds a bit redundant. so instead they made Boba the guy who sometimes wears a mando suit, but also goes without it and likes to bonk you with a nipple stick. i really dont know what i expected this show to be like a year ago. i guess since he killed Bib Fortuna and took over Jabba's palace, i expected Boba to become a crime lord himself and engage in space crimes. i guess i wasnt expecting old softy Boba.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the issue is that fundamentally The Mandalorian show was a Boba Fett but not named Boba Fett.

Now they want to do a Boba Fett show, but they already have it and need to do something different. They're doing a lot of setup, hopefully there's some payoff, because right now this is not that good.

They should have just used Boba Fett in The Mandalorian to be honest.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe what was supposed to happen is that since Mando was becoming less a bounty hunter and more of a rebellion leader, then Boba would take over Mando's bounty hunter duties and we would get an actual Boba Fett as bounty hunter show. maybe that will still happen.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
They should have just used Boba Fett in The Mandalorian to be honest.

They only called it "The Mandalorian" because they couldn't get away with calling it "Revenge of Filoniverse".

Because that's exactly what that show and this one is.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know why you would sit on the fence on this. If you like Mandalorian, this is more of the same. If you don't then, not sure why you'd waste time in the thread in the first place.

The biggest problem I see with the show is it might as well be Mandalorian. It hasn't really differentiated itself at all yet.

Its fine though. First two episodes have been like 6 or 7 out of 10.

This is 100% true. But imo, the biggest issue with the show is Bobba himself. Rather than being a brutal Mandolorian, he's a fat old man looking to do some cultural exchange. They really have 1.) Get him to keep the fucking helmet on more and let his younger, in better shape stunt double do more work. (Play up that distant, stoic, man of few words but a lot of action mystique that makes these westerns work). 2.) Make him quiet but brutal.

Still enjoying it, but that is a bit of a weakness in the show.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this is likely the problem the show is facing. Mando is already a brutal killing machine, if they also made Boba a brutal killing machine in a Mando suit, then that sounds a bit redundant. so instead they made Boba the guy who sometimes wears a mando suit, but also goes without it and likes to bonk you with a nipple stick. i really dont know what i expected this show to be like a year ago. i guess since he killed Bib Fortuna and took over Jabba's palace, i expected Boba to become a crime lord himself and engage in space crimes. i guess i wasnt expecting old softy Boba.

They had the same problem with the upcoming Obi-Wan series. They had to stop production and do full rewrites on the scripts because it was too much Mandalorian.

Sterling

El Presidente
Calling this show more of the same as The Mandalorian isn't really true. Obviously there's a lot of crossover both both in flavor and substance, but there's enough differences that people having divergent opinions on the 2 shows isn't that weird.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They both wear Mando armor. Basically the exact same show.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the guy from screen crush (ryan arey i think?) theorized that boba is different in this series because he's actively trying to move away from his father's legacy. the sarlacc and tuskans helped him come to the understanding that while he always thought it was his job to continue jango's legacy, that will always only lead to death. similarly to following in your father's footsteps not because you want to, but because that's what is expected of you. boba is now understanding that he needs to create his own legacy.

the interesting part about that, is that we the audience recognize boba as his own character because he was introduced first. jango was a bounty hunter because boba was, though that's backwards chronologically. i think this is causing such disconnect with the audience because the writers and the audience are approaching boba from 2 completely opposite places. this is just one of the many problems with having such a huge part of the star wars lore being from prequals. most of the canon on boba fett is a retcon.

edit: for what it's worth, i'm not hating the show... i just think that for anyone who's been a fan of boba this show is kind of requiring them to think differently about the character and lore and asking anyone to change how they think is always a tall order.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Fett seems like such an easy intro into making great stories, too. Just have him on a new planet in new situations capturing new bounties each episode. Perhaps the joke is that he makes a less money if they're dead and he almost always ends up killing them because they're too badass to take in alive. That's why he's a badass going around in the rickety old slave one, and even ends up losing it. Maybe he's stuck with some even worse ship now. You can show off tons of ideas and planets, and let the fans sort through it and decide on what's cool and interesting. From there, if something strikes gold, make a movie.

Mando did that so well. This show sucks in comparison.
So…Cowboy Bebop?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the guy from screen crush (ryan arey i think?) theorized that boba is different in this series because he's actively trying to move away from his father's legacy. the sarlacc and tuskans helped him come to the understanding that while he always thought it was his job to continue jango's legacy, that will always only lead to death. similarly to following in your father's footsteps not because you want to, but because that's what is expected of you. boba is now understanding that he needs to create his own legacy.

the interesting part about that, is that we the audience recognize boba as his own character because he was introduced first. jango was a bounty hunter because boba was, though that's backwards chronologically. i think this is causing such disconnect with the audience because the writers and the audience are approaching boba from 2 completely opposite places. this is just one of the many problems with having such a huge part of the star wars lore being from prequals. most of the canon on boba fett is a retcon.

edit: for what it's worth, i'm not hating the show... i just think that for anyone who's been a fan of boba this show is kind of requiring them to think differently about the character and lore and asking anyone to change how they think is always a tall order.
if he is trying to be a different Boba, then ok. Mando is already doing Boba's job, what people are having a problem with, is that the show is boring as fuck. Boba fights like a tired old man, he looks weird and the Tuskans are losers. its like some kind of space woke show. being inclusive to some shit tier race for space virtue points.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if he is trying to be a different Boba, then ok. Mando is already doing Boba's job, what people are having a problem with, is that the show is boring as fuck. Boba fights like a tired old man, he looks weird and the Tuskans are losers. its like some kind of space woke show. being inclusive to some shit tier race for space virtue points.
i thought it was HILARIOUS that boba needed to be taught how to fight from a tusken.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i thought it was HILARIOUS that boba needed to be taught how to fight from a tusken.
That seemed rather silly when watching it, but thinking more on it, what did Boba do in current Cannon to make him a great fighter?

In Clone Wars TV series and the prequals he was still a kid. The Clone Wars had some episodes of him under the tutelage of "evil" bounty hunters, but mostly to show him learning the ropes of a cutthroat underworld.

Is there anything else in current Cannon? The argument could be made that the Disney Boba Fett learned how to use the trinkets on Jango's armor and then just used his "fathers" reputation, as a great fighter, to get fame/jobs.

P.S. Disney tossing out so much material is annoying as it gave the world depth, even if I never touched the extended universe stuff.