The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

sebur

Bronze Squire
I didn't even think about it. I feel as if they go this route they might as well go similar to e-sports and just make all the foreign teams play each other then 1 or 2 of those come play in the playoffs, get smashed and go back home. Expanded playoffs solution as well! I still don't like the whole idea they are going after though. Just seems like a logistical nightmare.

Column_sl

shitlord
I already known how most feel about the London games but do you feel the same if they expanded them to other countries, ones that people might actually want to visit? Apparently there are seriously looking in to making places such as Brazil, Germany, and Mexico as other international venues.

They start doing that shit, and fuck the NFL.

That London game is bullshit, and they need to cancel that asap.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'd like to see 2 entire NFL teams go through the process of getting Visas to work in Brazil.

Yeah, I know they probably won't have to do it like normal schlubs, but I'd like to see it just the same.
I honestly don't know because I don't follow soccer, but was this an issue for teams traveling there for the World Cup?

I've always assumed when it came to international travel pro sports teams get special treatment for getting through customs. Hell, I've been turned away from getting into Canada because there was a guy in my car with a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge on his record. No way two NFL teams all go to Toronto to play without a handful of guys with rap-sheets who they let in...

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Damn, these QB contracts are absurd. He ain't even that good.
YXRQpSp.gif

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't the NFL tell players to not bring families to Mexico the last they played there? Either way, not a fan of any of these games.

sebur

Bronze Squire
They start doing that shit, and fuck the NFL.

That London game is bullshit, and they need to cancel that asap.
It was a quote from the commish saying they are seriously looking in to and "starting work" (whatever that means) on those 3 places I mentioned as other international venues.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
They really need to adjust the schedule if they are going to get serious about international expansion. Regardless of that, teams could use more time off and personally I'd love for the season to be longer even if that meant I didn't see my primary team every sunday (more bye weeks).

moontayle

Golden Squire
Their scheduling is bullshit anyway. I mean, just as a Dallas example, the fiasco that was the Thanksgiving game was a direct result of them playing the Sunday night game prior. In fact, they fucked up so hard the schedule makers basically went "our bad, that won't happen again". And this year? Giants and Eagles, all four games against them in the first half of the season. The two teams they are most likely to compete against for the division and no late season game against either?

When University of Buffalo did a study on the "fairness" of the schedule the NFL pointed out that one thing they were missing was the importance of matchups and their impact on their network sponsors and ratings, which is what the NFL schedule-makers throw in the mix (among some other things). I call bullshit on that based upon Dallas' schedule this year. I want to feast upon the tears of Eagles fans as Dallas crushes their playoff hopes in a late season matchup. But I am denied.

Sterling

El Presidente
Newton's contract just makes the Tannehill one seem better and better. Can't really blame the Panthers for it, it's so hard to get a legit starter at the position, you don't want to end up being the Browns.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Damn, these QB contracts are absurd. He ain't even that good.
Please...tell us who they should sign? We'll wait.

Cam Newton is good. He just has a FUCKED UP offensive line, and zero weapons.

In the next few years lets say 3 or 4, the Panthers will have a top 5 QB via attrition. No Brady, Breez, Manning. Romo will be 39? Ben Roth will be what? 36 37? You lock up a good QB in his prime and hope for the best. In no way will he be Luck...But he can be what Ben Roth was in his prime.

My ONLY beef with the signing is now they are in that boat with too much money dumped into one position. How you going to fix that o-line, and get weapons? Drafting will need to be absolutely perfect the next couple years. Let's be real...it won't be. BUT I would draft lineman before weapons if I was the GM of Carolina. Keep your guy upright and healthy.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Please...tell us who they should sign? We'll wait.

Cam Newton is good. He just has a FUCKED UP offensive line, and zero weapons.

In the next few years lets say 3 or 4, the Panthers will have a top 5 QB via attrition. No Brady, Breez, Manning. Romo will be 39? Ben Roth will be what? 36 37? You lock up a good QB in his prime and hope for the best. In no way will he be Luck...But he can be what Ben Roth was in his prime.

My ONLY beef with the signing is now they are in that boat with too much money dumped into one position. How you going to fix that o-line, and get weapons? Drafting will need to be absolutely perfect the next couple years. Let's be real...it won't be. BUT I would draft lineman before weapons if I was the GM of Carolina. Keep your guy upright and healthy.
I agree. He had an ok year last year even being injured most of it and having his WR corp decimated in the off-season. That front office did not do much to make his life easier. The NFL is getting more money every year so the QB contracts are going up as well. As you mention, the QB position is the hardest to fill in the league. It is basic econ that these guys will reap the benefits.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Best selling jersey last month: A certain Hawaiian sensation soon to be sweeping the nation.

WE'RE BACK BABY!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
ratings, which is what the NFL schedule-makers throw in the mix (among some other things).
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program...583&pid=500333, starting about 5 minutes in. One of the NFL's head schedulers all but admits that putting together lineups that will rate well (and bring in ad money) for all the broadcast partners is the #1 criteria of the schedule.

And the Cowboys got two highly viewed games in 5 days during November sweeps because nationwide audiences still watch them, despite their overall record in the last 15-20 years (though I believe they recently dropped from #1 in viewership). You're right, if people would stop irrationally watching Cowboys games, it would be better.