The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_106473.jpg

This guy is still the best.
God bless you Philip.

Also this fuck yeah!

Philip Rivers agrees to contract extension with the San Diego Chargers | FOX Sports

A source told FOX Sports 1 NFL Insider Mike Garafolo that the deal is worth $84 million over four new years with $65 million in guaranteed money.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I look forward to seeing Rivers sacked many times over the next four years. Dollars to donuts he doesn't make the entire 4 years.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hell, until a few years ago (when he was caught biting that hooker or whatever) I didn't know they were married. I think it's because when I first heard of Kathy, I thought she was married to Regis and "Lee" was their last name.
Frank deserves a medal just for keeping some other poor schmoo from having to mary Kathy.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I missed watching the Chiefs first pre-season game tonight because of a couples dinner date of all things for fucks sake.

It looks like Smith played typically, but Chase Daniels had pretty good stats. I'm really hoping Daniels gets a chance to start once or twice during the year. If anyone watched, did Chase look as good as he did on paper?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I look forward to seeing Rivers sacked many times over the next four years. Dollars to donuts he doesn't make the entire 4 years.
I'm not sure the team even sees him making four years necessarily. Doesn't seem like the worst deal, what the hell else are you going to do? Let him walk? They get two or more years out of him, he gets his last payday, they go one and out of the playoffs at least one last time for nostalgia's sake. Then by the time he's retired they are in LA with their new stadium letting the team tank while they fold their money hats. Its a win-win-win! Have fun seeing if the Broncos can find a good future QB to determine the division.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
preseason is so fucking useless. "Games" are boring and utterly pointless. Just have 2 preseason games and be done with it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the coaches and bubble/camp body players might disagree? Other than the whole risk of injury thing. But this is where your rosters get solidified.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Poor Phil Loadholt must have thought the preseason games, and their pregame stretching routines, were pointless too. Probably out for the season with a torn achilles. That'srealshitty for the Vikings OL.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I think the coaches and bubble/camp body players might disagree? Other than the whole risk of injury thing. But this is where your rosters get solidified.
Again, no one is arguing that preseason should be axed, they just argue it should be condensed down to two games (even if the duration of "Training Camp" stays unchanged).

Hell, Preseason Game 4 is widely regarded as almost completely useless (a team might decide between the #4 and #5 WR, and that's it), and people were astonished Rodgers was in for more than one series in Game 1. That's a pretty convincing argument the process could easily be shrunk down to two games, though another round of joint practices with another team somewhere might be a good idea.

Edit: And yeah, I'm rapidly reconsidering who my #2 team in the NFC North is, probably to the Lions and out of Wildcard contention. So who gets the wildcards in the NFC? A West team and then, I dunno, the Giants? They're on schedule to squeak in at 9-7 and win the Super Bowl again, after all.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People make the final cuts in game four. More importantly for the guys whoarecut it gives other teams tape on them to help them possibly get signed somewhere. I don't know how coaches and teams actually feel about this, other than the injury thing being not worth the risks, but I bet some of them feel like the current schedule is worth something.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit: And yeah, I'm rapidly reconsidering who my #2 team in the NFC North is, probably to the Lions and out of Wildcard contention. So who gets the wildcards in the NFC? A West team and then, I dunno, the Giants? They're on schedule to squeak in at 9-7 and win the Super Bowl again, after all.
Cardinals seem like a strong contender for a WC again, if not possibly the division. Of course Palmer will probably disintegrate and vanish into thin air on live television by October so maybe not. Cut out your two team fuckery, you should hate every other team in your division!!! You can have an "AFC team" that's it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Where is Tebow dammit, I'm watching this damn game waiting for the moment.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Cut out your two team fuckery, you should hate every other team in your division!!! You can have an "AFC team" that's it.
Nice to see us getting up to mid-season form. But honestly, in the current Fantasy Football era, doesn't everyone have a rough idea ofeveryteam's likely outcomes this year? Off the top of my head:

Packers: Offense should be just fine, defense takes a step back, still win division.
Lions: Defense slides, so fantasy points everywhere.
Vikings: Good, now there's more room on my 2016 Vikings Bandwagon.
Bears: Could be bad enough they get to draft a top QB prospect and are dangerous in 17 or 18.

Cowboys: Until the OL goes down, they win the division.
Giants: If Beckham stays healthy, they get a wildcard and everyone gets extensions. If Beckham stays iffy, everyone gets fired. NFL logic, everyone.
Eagles: You gave away a draft pick to get Mr Glass and then overpaid Murray? That makes so little sense there has to be something I'm missing.
Redskins: Are we getting another new QB/coach next season already?

Seahawks: Still the cream of the crop.
Cardinals: I just can't trust a situation that relies on Palmer being healthy.
Rams: I just can't trust a situation that relies on Jeff Fisher wanting to beat 8-8.
49ers: The most talented last-place-in-division team in football.

Panthers: At least Cam Newton is getting properly paid for winning divisions without an OL or WRs.
Falcons: What grounds are there for optimism over last year's results here?
Saints: So you take a sub-.500 team and add salary cap hell. This'll go well.
Bucs: Honestly, they could end up in 2nd place in the division.

Ravens: Fighting for first place in the division.
Steelers: Fighting for first place in the division, though salary cap makes depth non-existent.
Bengals: The most talented third-place-in-division team in football, still in running for a wildcard.
Browns: At least you get to watch basketball playoffs.

Patriots: Who cares if they start 1-3, I wouldn't want to play them this season.
Dolphins: Them getting a wildcard... and getting demolished by the Patriots in back-to-back weeks seems like a cruel high point for the Joe Philbin era.
Bills: If only this team had a quarterback.
Jets: The general disaster that will be this season will disguise how much Rex brought to the table.

Broncos: Manning will win enough games before he self-destructs that they won't be in the running for any top tier QBs in the draft.
Chargers: Getting back to the playoffs and then announcing you're moving two weeks later is a bad look.
Chiefs: One WR TD is all we're asking for. Baby steps.
Raiders: What's with the Bay Area having the friskiest fourth place teams?

Colts: All that salary down the tubes when Brady and Belichick are set to kill. Tragic.
Texans: The same lack of QB, but now no RB and Hopkins gets the toughest coverage. Watt, you deserve better than this.
Jaguars: 5 wins a season. Baby steps.
Titans: 5 wins a season. Baby steps.