The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok more like he struck a deal for testimony. Regardless. Dude got off on some minor charge. It's been so long and i don't remember.

Doesn't change my feelings on a guy like cooper or the point I was making. He's a scrub and should have been cut. Why the fuck am I even explaining this to you lol!? Guy is terrible and you should feel bad for not just agreeing. He managed to outlast Desean and Maclin. Crazy.

Still a funny video tho.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Maclin has been getting injured constantly for the last few years... Desean isn't bad but he's very overrated IMO, and I still lol at him dropping the ball before he got in the endzone.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
I'm not defending Cooper, just making a point what he did isn't going to ruin his career. Also, like Wizardhawk said, Maclin is made out of glass. DeSean's only out of Philadelphia because of his mouth. Didn't he wipe himself out during practice within the last few weeks? The guy's a dumb fuck.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I thought Maclin was hurt last year and left Cooper as the defacto number one. I was surprised in a way that he wasn't cut but seemed like they were in a bind.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Convo that Cooper isn't very good. At the same time, Maclin was paid way over his value at KC and Desean just wasn't fitting with Kelly. We've seen tons of talented players unloaded before but it was pretty stupid not to get better value from moving him. Those numbers should have gotten some kind of draft pick. I wish we had more Philly fans here because this season should be awesome.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maclin has been getting injured constantly for the last few years... Desean isn't bad but he's very overrated IMO, and I still lol at him dropping the ball before he got in the endzone.
Jeremy Maclin Stats - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

He missed a season to injury 2 years ago but overall I didn't view him as some injury prone dude. He was awesome last season despite cooper not carrying his weight on the other side. Jordan Matthews was better as a rookie than Riley last season.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hey, the rugby guy managed 5 carries and 2 returns without dropping the ball or going the wrong direction. Best thing to happen for the 9ers all offseason.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, too bad Gabbert looked better than Kaepernick back there

Only half kidding...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I missed watching the Chiefs first pre-season game tonight because of a couples dinner date of all things for fucks sake.

It looks like Smith played typically, but Chase Daniels had pretty good stats. I'm really hoping Daniels gets a chance to start once or twice during the year. If anyone watched, did Chase look as good as he did on paper?
I'll try to be as unbiased as possible here, despite my pretty obvious bias towards Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin...

Chase looked better at QB than maybe any QB has looked in KC since Trent Green. Not only was he accurate as hell, but Daniel was getting absolutely HAMMERED by the Cardinals D. The Chiefs O-line looks bad, and the 2nd stringers are even worse. I can't think of more than a handful of passes that Chase threw were he didn't end up on his back afterwards. He was pressured constantly, all game long. The thing is, he never panicked and started scrambling, he stood in there and delivered perfect pass after perfect pass microseconds before getting lit up by blitzing linebackers, over and over again. Chase's passes were very crisp, tight spirals on absolute ropes to the receivers, hitting everyone perfectly in stride on the hands every time. I don't remember a single receiver having to jump, dive, or even slow down their stride to catch a pass from him. His only incompletions weren't even accuracy issues, or bad decisions. He did have a tipped ball or two at the line of scrimmage(an obvious issue since he's short), and another was a 40-yard bomb to the endzone where Chase got hammered as he was throwing the ball(and still barely missed, out the back of the end zone by a couple yards.) And that was really it for miscues

And before everyone says "well, he was playing against second team scrubs on D", that is accurate, be he also had 2nd team scrubs around him, trying to protect him, and run routes for him. The Chiefs 2nd string RB during that whole time was an undrafted free agent rookie, and he was hitting receiving targets like Fred Williams and Da'Ron Brown (who?). If you think the Chiefs starting WRs are poor(outside of Maclin) you should see the guys they were throwing out there as 2nd teamers. Daniel was obviously the best 2nd string player on the field by FAR. I won't try to claim that he's a great QB, but I think he could easily start for probably 10 teams in the league right now.

Chase looked good. Really really good. Would love to see him get a chance to throw to players like Maclin and Jamaal Charles and Travis Kelce.

Unfortunately, it won't happen. The chiefs have to justify the $17million per year that Alex Smith makes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Once Chase got let go from NO I knew it was pretty much over for him. He was drawing likenesses as a poor man's Drew Brees and he got booted from the team with receivers and an O-Line used to playing with a shorter-than-ideal quarterback. He was a phenomenal QB that put up absurd stats but there is a reason he didn't get drafted despite those numbers.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Chase looked good. Really really good. Would love to see him get a chance to throw to players like Maclin and Jamaal Charles and Travis Kelce.

Unfortunately, it won't happen. The chiefs have to justify the $17million per year that Alex Smith makes.
I'm afraid you are right about A. Smith. It's bad mojo to wish an injury on your own quarterback though.

Daniels has a certain drive and desire that's missing in a lot of players. I hope he gets his shot.

Sterling

El Presidente
RG3: I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league | FOX Sports

Anyone want to run with this? On ESPN radio they were talking that he at least has less to prove than about a dozen other QBs but I'm not seeing it. Maybe the rookies and a couple second year QBs but he's not even close to the 3rd best QB in his class which wasn't that long ago.
He should feel confident. That's part of being good. At the same time nobody else is going to buy into it. I don't feel like this is much of a story.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's weird. I guess, on the one hand, your teammates and management want you to come across as confident, say the right things, etc. But RGIII is not an idiot. He has to know that he's not fit to hold Rodgers' and Luck's jock, and it's not just poor circumstances that led to him being benched a year after being drafted 2nd overall.