The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez, Browns fired Shanahan. I wonder if he's just got a really grating personality or something?

Either that, or it's just the Browns back to being the Browns again (I guess 10 months or so was too long being a normal franchise?).

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think he asked out of his contract, at least that's the report I read. They outright fired their QB coach. That was the guy who convinced them to draft JFF.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Geez, Browns fired Shanahan. I wonder if he's just got a really grating personality or something?
There was chatter his personality didn't mesh well with the rest of the organization even before it looked like his dad was a lock to get a HC job somewhere. He's likely back to being his dad's OC this year, once the "good" candidates (i.e. those currently working as assistant coaches on playoff teams) get the jobs they want.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora:

As reported earlier this week, look for Charlie Weis to be among the possibilities to replace Shanahan in CLE

Oh Browns, don't ever change.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers re-signed Todd Haley to be OC for 2 more years. Todd Haley is a genius, Steelers broke every franchise offensive record this season, all the doubters were wrong! ALL HAIL HALEY!!!!!

So Bears hire Ryan Pace to be their new GM. He was the director of player personnel with the saints and at thirty seven is now the youngest gm in the league. Anybody know about his guy?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Steelers re-signed Todd Haley to be OC for 2 more years. Todd Haley is a genius, Steelers broke every franchise offensive record this season, all the doubters were wrong! ALL HAIL HALEY!!!!!
Most people never had a problem with Haley as an OC (unless your name is TO). He's almost definitely one of those guys who are better as a coordinator than as a coach. His personality is too confrontational to be in charge.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It only took him three years I guess. Did it take that long for his system to come to fruition or was this season an outlier? I hope Steelers offense sputters again and we hear another fuck-filled rant from Snoop.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yes training with a future hall of famer is terrible. Oh the humanity.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So the Bears hired a no name 37 year old out of New Orleans to be the GM. I'm ecstatic..... I guess if we get Bowles as our coach then it will be at least decent.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The 49ers need marty mornhinweg as OC. It worked for the Jets. GROUN AND POUND BABY

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most people never had a problem with Haley as an OC (unless your name is TO). He's almost definitely one of those guys who are better as a coordinator than as a coach. His personality is too confrontational to be in charge.
Someone in the NFL thread was talking about how worthless he'd be based entirely on him as head coach. One of the Chiefs fans probably. It was silly.

It only took him three years I guess. Did it take that long for his system to come to fruition or was this season an outlier?
1st season was mediocre, but it was a whole new system and the o-line was shitpoop. Plus no RB to speak of. And hurt Heath Miller

2nd season Ben went over 4k passing despite the O-line being maybe even worse and the previous #1 WR leaving and playing hurt a lot of the year. Bell got hurt and missed the first few games then was stuck behind that horrible line. And hurt Heath Miller

This season the o-line actually stayed mostly healthy and wasn't absolute fucking tragic garbage for the first time since like 2006. Healthy Ben, Healthy Bell, Healthy Miller(much bigger deal than people realize because he's a good blocker), and AB gonna AB. Markus Wheaton seemed to finally pick up the offense in his 2nd season after looking like he might end up on the practice squad after his 1st. Martavis Bryant showed up and was the tall deep threat they've been needing(21 YPR and 8 TD in 10 games).

The season shouldn't be too huge an outlier. Bryant and Wheaton should just get better(though Bryant won't keep up that kind of pace, obviously). Bell and Brown are legit as fuck. Right this very second I don't think there's a RB or WR in the league I'd take over them.

edit: We won't talk about the defense...

How's the CB's look for the draft this year? Might be time for their first first round CB since Chad Scott in '97...